NFC West Week 4 Edition battle of the 1's

Threedee

Reaction score
Even if the Rams D does collect the bounty on Palmer, I doubt they will on Rodgers because the Packers O Line has been lights out and Rodgers a slippery magician in and getting outside of the pocket.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Rams DL is gonna be a tough matchup for our OL & yes I am nervous for Carson's health for this game. While this Rams' D is the best defense we're going up so far, they are also the worst offense we're going up against so far. Scoring only 6 against on a young & Shazier-less defense is not a good luck in my eye.

AZ - 23(I think we get a defensive score)
STL - 7

SF-GB: I think it'll be closer than the experts think BY HALF at least. Packers' run D is still suspect to me so I wouldn't be surprised if both Hyde & Kaep had a good game on the ground, but that 9ers D.....man.

GB - 51
SF - 24

SEA-DET: I like the WR vs CB matchups in this. Sherman vs Megatron(though it looks like he's slowing a tad-bit down). That's pretty much it though. Lions' OC is dumb

SEA - 38
DET - 17

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":13kolt7n said:
Rams DL is gonna be a tough matchup for our OL & yes I am nervous for Carson's health for this game. While this Rams' D is the best defense we're going up so far, they are also the worst offense we're going up against so far. Scoring only 6 against on a young & Shazier-less defense is not a good luck in my eye.

AZ - 23(I think we get a defensive score)
STL - 7

SF-GB: I think it'll be closer than the experts think BY HALF at least. Packers' run D is still suspect to me so I wouldn't be surprised if both Hyde & Kaep had a good game on the ground, but that 9ers D.....man.

GB - 51
SF - 24

SEA-DET: I like the WR vs CB matchups in this. Sherman vs Megatron(though it looks like he's slowing a tad-bit down). That's pretty much it though. Lions' OC is dumb

SEA - 38
DET - 17

Don't buy into the dumbness of bevel. Last year the Seahawks had a top 10 offense and number 1 in explosive plays. Not only that that offense goes hand in hand with what they do on defense. Ball control style offense to wear out the D, suits their suffocating defense perfectly. An offense like the Seahawks run tends to get it's results later in the game. Don't be fooled by the chants of Fire Bevell

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":10m1wogc said:
RedAlice":10m1wogc said:
ringless":10m1wogc said:
Rex,
Why didn't the Rams practice today? What is the reasoning behind that. Ask Jeff these questions for me. Also by not practicing was it a complete off day? Did they watch film study tendencies? Did they go to disneyland?

We had a thread about this earlier. Rams have changed their practice days.

In an effort to have his team fresher for Sunday games, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher has changed his team's practice days. Most NFL: teams give their players off Tuesday, then have big practice days on Wednesday and Thursday. Fisher has decided to have his Rams practice Tuesday and Wednesday, then give the players Thursday off. Fisher hopes the changed day off will make his team fresher and recovered more for that coming Sunday's game.

http://fox2now.com/2015/09/17/rams-chan ... r-sundays/

Now, if they could just change their losing days.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... e-schedule

Perhaps you meant "change their losing ways" since losing on other days is still losing?

No. I meant what I said. Think about it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":89ynv88b said:
Arizona 4-0
Seattle 2-2
St. Louis 1-3
San Francisco 1-3

I'm nowhere near believing Arizona is anything more than the product of the embarrassingly bad teams masquerading as NFL franchises they've played so far. But the Rams only seem to think the Seahawks are worth the effort to actually get up for.

I know all of you are in love with thinking the Rams only play the Hawks tough. But, last year they had better games v other teams than either v Hawks.

They do play Hawks hard, but their best game last year was v Denver. Hawks win was not the best win last year.

I'm disappointed in how the Rams have played the last couple games, but I in no way consider Hawks to be the reason. Other than, they prepared very good for the first game.

Do you think the Rams will play better v any other team this year than they did v you if you believe they already won their Super Bowl? I'm curious to hear answers.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Threedee":2zec5u0e said:
Even if the Rams D does collect the bounty on Palmer, I doubt they will on Rodgers because the Packers O Line has been lights out and Rodgers a slippery magician in and getting outside of the pocket.

There are no bounties, stop putting up issues that are not there.

Stupid.

Rex

Reaction score
Threedee":3jsr4qgv said:

I don't know since it is the difference between a ham sandwich and a roast beef sandwich.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":25arvv8i said:
Rex":25arvv8i said:
RedAlice":25arvv8i said:
ringless":25arvv8i said:
Rex,
Why didn't the Rams practice today? What is the reasoning behind that. Ask Jeff these questions for me. Also by not practicing was it a complete off day? Did they watch film study tendencies? Did they go to disneyland?

We had a thread about this earlier. Rams have changed their practice days.

In an effort to have his team fresher for Sunday games, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher has changed his team's practice days. Most NFL: teams give their players off Tuesday, then have big practice days on Wednesday and Thursday. Fisher has decided to have his Rams practice Tuesday and Wednesday, then give the players Thursday off. Fisher hopes the changed day off will make his team fresher and recovered more for that coming Sunday's game.

http://fox2now.com/2015/09/17/rams-chan ... r-sundays/

Now, if they could just change their losing days.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... e-schedule

Perhaps you meant "change their losing ways" since losing on other days is still losing?

No. I meant what I said. Think about it.

I have. It doesn't make sense. Perhaps you meant "end their losing days"?

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":hlmbxgli said:
MizzouHawkGal":hlmbxgli said:
Arizona 4-0
Seattle 2-2
St. Louis 1-3
San Francisco 1-3

I'm nowhere near believing Arizona is anything more than the product of the embarrassingly bad teams masquerading as NFL franchises they've played so far. But the Rams only seem to think the Seahawks are worth the effort to actually get up for.

I know all of you are in love with thinking the Rams only play the Hawks tough. But, last year they had better games v other teams than either v Hawks.

They do play Hawks hard, but their best game last year was v Denver. Hawks win was not the best win last year.

I'm disappointed in how the Rams have played the last couple games, but I in no way consider Hawks to be the reason. Other than, they prepared very good for the first game.

Do you think the Rams will play better v any other team this year than they did v you if you believe they already won their Super Bowl? I'm curious to hear answers.

Well said. The Denver game was total domination by the Rams. I'd include the Dallas game too since the officials were determined to steal that one from the Rams.

Rams definitely have better games ahead including week 16 in Seattle. SWEEP! :0190l:

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RedAlice":21y3169i said:
MizzouHawkGal":21y3169i said:
Arizona 4-0
Seattle 2-2
St. Louis 1-3
San Francisco 1-3

A lot of truth in this. I think it has more to do with people in general/fans overcompensating for things that happen to their team and undervaluing what happens to others.

RedAlice

Reaction score
We might be getting Quick back this week. I have no idea why our not injured best WR has been benched all year. Fisher is stubborn and odd.

Here's hoping he plays this week and we can see him start getting acclimated and ready. :) :)

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Maybe this week is the Rams Super Bowl and the Seahawks was just a casual warmup? :stirthepot:

They rest Quick, Gurley, and Mason and then unleash the trio when they play the Cardinals?

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":ecwdggde said:
Maybe this week is the Rams Super Bowl and the Seahawks was just a casual warmup? :stirthepot:

They rest Quick, Gurley, and Mason and then unleash the trio when they play the Cardinals?

:thirishdrinkers: You made me laugh Ringless. Loves.

RedAlice

Reaction score
btw, I am hosting a full family of my cousins...all rabid Arizona Card fans. Last year I went to the game with them in AZ and Rams lost. This year, they are here on vacation, so I am hosting them at a local sports bar.

They all think I should be a Cardinal fan. I think the Rams should win on Sunday. There's a slight divide in the family on when or how you started becoming a Cards fan, or stayed a Rams fan. These are my younger cousins, so they are all in on your team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":145clrvi said:
MizzouHawkGal":145clrvi said:
Arizona 4-0
Seattle 2-2
St. Louis 1-3
San Francisco 1-3

I thought I was crystal clear? The Rams are specifically built to beat the Seahawks but don't factor on San Francisco and Arizona are built differently and easily beat them because Fisher is just stupid and average. Let alone actually getting his team to play worth damn against anyone not in the NFCW. Lose against Washington? Typical Rams. And that goes all the way back to the Montana era.

Rams, always supremely talented and always supremely under acheiving. By the numbers the Rams should kill the Cardinals but it will never happen because....Rams.

BTW, Denver sucked last year and are the very definition of smoke and mirrors this year. Oakland is going to split with them this year and most likely injure Peyton. Unlike Kansas City they have balls and don't have an overpaid caretaker castoff from San Francisco at quarterback. Or a coach that finds new ways to lose prime time games like clockwork in every possible way imaginable or unimaginable.

Loved watching Reid having supremely talented teams that lost any game worth something against the Bears, Cowboys et al.

Not really, but trainwrecks are interesting to see in a morbidly awful way.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Love you Mizzou, but you kinda made my point.

Rams are not just built to beat the Seahawks. They do play you hard, but their best games last year were not against you. Last year, their best trick plays were v you. And that only accomplished one win.

And then this year you copied those trick plays.

Rams are sucking and underperforming, but: the game v Hawks was not their Superbowl and will not be their best game.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":1j00b8iq said:
We might be getting Quick back this week. I have no idea why our not injured best WR has been benched all year. Fisher is stubborn and odd.

Here's hoping he plays this week and we can see him start getting acclimated and ready. :) :)

And here he is! :0190l:

Rams receiver Brian Quick set to make season debut

Nick Wagoner, ESPN Staff Writer

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... o-make-sea
son-debut

EARTH CITY, Mo. — The St. Louis Rams offered an answer to the most-asked question about one of their players last week when they made running back Todd Gurley active for his first NFL game.

No sooner had those questions dried up when the focus quickly turned to when receiver Brian Quick would make his 2015 season debut after returning from a serious shoulder injury.

Unlike with Gurley, coach Jeff Fisher left no doubt when asked about Quick on Friday.

“[He] had a great week, I hope it carries over into the game,” Fisher said.

Asked if that meant Quick would be active this week, Fisher repeated himself.

“I hope it carries over into the game,” Fisher said, a smile creeping across his face.

In other words, there won’t be some pregame workout in which coaches monitor Quick or any charades about game-time decisions. Instead, Quick, nearly a year after suffering the shoulder injury that cost him the final half of the 2014 season, will be up and playing on Sunday.

Quick said he had a good idea that this was his time earlier in the week when he started getting some reps with the first-team offense. It was hard to decipher at the time whether that was a function of Quick being elevated, receiver Kenny Britt’s absence because of a shoulder injury or something in between.

But with Britt back in practice Friday, Quick continued to get the reps and was clearly excited about making his return.

“[It’s been] a long time coming,” Quick said. “I’m just ready to go out there and take advantage of the opportunity I have.”

Quick’s absence in the first three weeks has brought persistent questions about his status. Was he not fully healed? If he wasn’t fully healed, why wasn’t he on the injury report? Conspiracy theorists even wondered if he’d done something to get in trouble.

To hear Quick tell it, though, it was simply a matter of getting back up to speed both physically and mentally during the past year. By his own admission, Quick missed valuable time last season and then didn’t get to participate in organized team activities in the spring. Even when he returned with some limitations in training camp, he found himself playing catch up as he returned to an offense with a new coordinator in Frank Cignetti.

On Friday, Quick wouldn’t point to one issue that kept him inactive the first three weeks of the season but said it was all-encompassing.

“It was everything, period,” Quick said. “Just getting back to the speed that I need to get back to. I’m still working.”

Quick spent the first three weeks of practice working with the scout team almost exclusively, but he started ratcheting up the work with starters this week without Britt. Fisher took notice of how well Quick did when he stepped in.

“And he stepped right in there and literally was flawless with his reps,” Fisher said. “He knows exactly what to do.”

How much or what, exactly, Quick’s role will be Sunday against Arizona remains to be seen. Like with Gurley and the run game last week, it’s wise not to expect Quick to be some sort of panacea for a struggling offense.

But it can’t hurt to have Quick back, either. He was the team’s leading receiver when he got hurt last year and is a solid blocker on the outside in the run game. And the one benefit of not playing in the first three weeks is that he has fresh legs going into a game against a strong secondary.

As for his nerves, Quick doesn’t think he’ll have butterflies as the game approaches.

“I’m going to take the same approach I always do as far as staying calm and staying focused,” Quick said. “As an offense, you have to be calm and just do the little things right. It’s about details. You can’t go out there and bust assignments and do the wrong thing. You have to be calm and take care of your business.”

Finally! Maybe now Cignetti can really stretch the field. Up to Foles now....and Quick to get separation. He looked so good before he was injured. Sure hope he can pick up where he left off. :0190l:

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2q9a1jir said:
RedAlice":2q9a1jir said:
MizzouHawkGal":2q9a1jir said:
Arizona 4-0
Seattle 2-2
St. Louis 1-3
San Francisco 1-3

I thought I was crystal clear? The Rams are specifically built to beat the Seahawks but don't factor on San Francisco and Arizona are built differently and easily beat them because Fisher is just stupid and average. Let alone actually getting his team to play worth damn against anyone not in the NFCW. Lose against Washington? Typical Rams. And that goes all the way back to the Montana era.

Rams, always supremely talented and always supremely under acheiving. By the numbers the Rams should kill the Cardinals but it will never happen because....Rams.

BTW, Denver sucked last year and are the very definition of smoke and mirrors this year. Oakland is going to split with them this year and most likely injure Peyton. Unlike Kansas City they have balls and don't have an overpaid caretaker castoff from San Francisco at quarterback. Or a coach that finds new ways to lose prime time games like clockwork in every possible way imaginable or unimaginable.

Loved watching Reid having supremely talented teams that lost any game worth something against the Bears, Cowboys et al.

Not really, but trainwrecks are interesting to see in a morbidly awful way.

What numbers?

Rex

Reaction score
By numbers..... obviously means superior Rams talent that cannot be denied. :0190l:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":rmup3o0h said:
btw, I am hosting a full family of my cousins...all rabid Arizona Card fans. Last year I went to the game with them in AZ and Rams lost. This year, they are here on vacation, so I am hosting them at a local sports bar.

They all think I should be a Cardinal fan. I think the Rams should win on Sunday. There's a slight divide in the family on when or how you started becoming a Cards fan, or stayed a Rams fan. These are my younger cousins, so they are all in on your team.

Since they are younger, maybe they can be Re-trained??? :stirthepot: