NFL.com Poll...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
What was the Denver Defense ranked? I know their pass defense was horrendous, but what were they overall?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
amill87":3akzk9qg said:
Tricky Dick strikes again.

He knew everyone would make the Hawks the favorite but knows the team plays better as the underdog.

So he made the comments just to piss everyone else off in the country, thus tilting this poll.

In the span of 10 minutes, Sherman did two things for us to win the Super bowl.

Yep, that's how I see it. He knew full well what would happen if he "went off" like that. Super Bowl teams are under horrific scrutiny from a mob of media and fans, almost 24/7 the entire two weeks leading up to the game. There's already a ton of pressure on them to win just one more and bring home the Lombardi trophy. Even more for the team that hasn't won it yet. In embracing the role of the bad guy, Sherman not only put the chip on all our shoulders, allowing us to better play the underdog, he also took a whole lot of media attention off Wilson and the rest of his softer-spoken teammates who may not fare as well under the harsh spotlight of Super Bowl media frenzy. Sherman can handle it well enough, and so he made sure it was he who would be.

That's two things not even counting "The Tip."

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I would put even less stock in these polls than I usually do (which is 0%) right now. They're bound to be tipped by Sherman haters.