NFL Combine: Seahawks Edition

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
List of Combine interviews for the hawks so far:

DE Bralen Trice, Washington (via various outlets)
DE Dallas Turner, Alabama (via Sports Illustrated)
DE Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan (via Sports Illustrated)
DL Kris Jenkins, Michigan (via various outlets)
DL Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois (via Sports Illustrated)
LB Junior Colson, Michigan (via the player himself at the NFL combine)
LB Trevin Wallace, Kentucky (via various outlets)
QB Jayden Daniels, LSU (via Ian Rapoport)
QB Drake Maye, North Carolina (via Ian Rapoport)

chrispy

Reaction score
I have one kid that was at ASU when JDaniels was there and one at IU while Penix was there. I think there's a lot of info to interpret about their play at teams where they, individually, had to play well to win. That, as opposed to teams where they're surrounded by NFL talent. To me, JDaniels absolutely folded in several games at ASU. I'm not saying he shouldn't be considered because of his play as a teenager, but it should be noted. Penix had some of that too, but in general his injuries were a result of him trying to do too much (again, in my opinion). Obviously, if you could take last year's performance in isolation, it tells a pretty good story. But, there's more to both of them than '23. Herm Edwards, at ASU: an NFL Coach, couldn't get JD to carry the team with Brandon Aiyuk and Nkeal Harry catching. I'm apprehensive. But...I also feel like JS has taken all that into consideration. My guess is that he's got a QB he likes and is purposely avoiding that player to get them in the 2nd or later rounds.

Last edited:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
List of Combine interviews for the hawks so far:

DE Bralen Trice, Washington (via various outlets)
DE Dallas Turner, Alabama (via Sports Illustrated)
DE Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan (via Sports Illustrated)
DL Kris Jenkins, Michigan (via various outlets)
DL Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois (via Sports Illustrated)
LB Junior Colson, Michigan (via the player himself at the NFL combine)
LB Trevin Wallace, Kentucky (via various outlets)
QB Jayden Daniels, LSU (via Ian Rapoport)
QB Drake Maye, North Carolina (via Ian Rapoport)
Lots of defense and some QBs. This is good. This is very good

toffee

Reaction score
I have one kid that was at ASU when JDaniels was there and one at IU while Penix was there. I think there's a lot of info to interpret about their play at teams where they, individually, had to play well to win. That, as opposed to teams where they're surrounded by NFL talent. To me, JDaniels absolutely folded in several games at ASU. I'm not saying he shouldn't be considered because of his play as a teenager, but it should be noted. Penix had some of that too, but in general his injuries were a result of him trying to do too much (again, in my opinion). Obviously, if you could take last year's performance in isolation, it tells a pretty good story. But, there's more to both of them than '23. Herm Edwards, at ASU: an NFL Coach, couldn't get JD to carry the team with Brandon Aiyuk and Nkeal Harry catching. I'm apprehensive. But...I also feel like JS has taken all that into consideration. My guess is that he's got a QB he likes and is purposely avoiding that player to get them in the 2nd or later rounds.
I wouldn't be surprised if JS somehow packaged a trade with one of our 3rd plus something for a second-round pick.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
DL and LB's today! big needs for us.

NFL Scouting Combine Live Drills begins Thursday, February 29th, with exclusive LIVE coverage on NFL Network starting at 3pm ET. Full lineup below:
  • Thursday, February 29th, 3pm ET – Defensive Linemen, Linebackers
  • Friday, March 1st, 3pm ET – Defensive Backs, Tight Ends
  • Saturday, March 2nd, 1pm ET – Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers, Running Backs
  • Sunday, March 3rd, 1pm ET – Offensive Linemen

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
If Fiske is available in the 3rd I hope we pull the trigger. Had my eye on him for awhile.