NFL Combine: Seahawks Edition

Ozzy

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread, super cool!

Chevy

Reaction score
Oregon center JPJ has been somewhat of a disappointment at the combine. Still may be a late 1st round prospect, but no longer worthy of #16.

Chevy

Reaction score
I think they stick & pick Fautanu. Assuming he's available. His stock just took off.

I wouldn't be mad at that. I would prefer JS to trade up for a QB, if he believes in the QB, than do BPA at #16. But, Fautanu would be a great LG and maybe special if an offensive coordinator can use him to his strengths, which is great mobility as a puller. Fautanu would also be a hedge if Charles Cross ended up being just an average starter not worth resigning after his rookie contract.

Agreed, the combine performance by Fautanu, may have pushed him into a top-12 prospect.

Chevy

Reaction score

Big man, but only a RT. He is a bit of a project, and he isn't a bully in the run game. Upside for sure, but I would rather the Seahawks pass on him in the 1st round.

Chevy

Reaction score
His stock may have risen among the media but NFL scouts already knew how good he is with the players expected to be top choices a good combine does very little

The combine is a useful tool for teams, which is why the NFL has been doing it for a long time. It's not the majority of the evaluation process, but it does have teams doing a double take on evaluating some prospects.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a thank you in this thread to Mistashoesta and everyone else that provided clips over the last week. Made it easy to get a lot of the highlights in one location (was not thrilled overall with the NFL Network coverage).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Curious if they posted a Nix and Penix Qb summary. Thanks.