NFL Observations Through Week 6

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I like to do this thread every few weeks. Here is what I got:

- Jerry Jones has quietly put together a really good team in Dallas. Dak looks like the real deal. I have been harsh on JJ in the past, but I'll finally give him his props. And I think Dallas is our main threat in the NFC.

- Aaron Rodgers is no longer a top 5 QB. And the Packers offense is probably a bottom 10 offense in the league. Don't let the past tell you otherwise, they aren't very good anymore.

- Brock Osweiler might be the worst starting QB in the league. John Elway must feel like a genius right now.

- The Colts are sooo bad. Other than Andrew Luck, Frank Gore and Vontae Davis, I don't think any of those guys would even compete for a starting spot on our team. And on the reverse side, I bunch of our backups could probably start for them.

- The Chiefs probably have the best 1-2 RB punch in the NFL. Charles and Ware are going to run wild on teams. They both did it yesterday against Oakland.

- I know Carr didn't have a good game, but I think he is vastly underrated. Of the young QB's, I'd probably put him only behind Russell and Cam. I may even put him ahead of Luck. Oakland has a bright future.

- Hue Jackson should possibly be considered for coach of the year. I'm not kidding. He has played competetive football in nearly every game this season with 3rd string and 4th string QB's. Unlike the Niners who get demolished in every game, Cleveland has been very competitive outside of the RG3 game and the game where Clipboard had to play.

- The AFC North looks wide open. With the Berger injury, it's even more wide open. Either way, none of those teams are that good, and I don't expect either of them to make a run if/when they make the playoffs.

-- The AFC West might be the best division in football. The Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders are all really good teams. I'm confident that either of those three teams could win the NFC or AFC South divisions. The Chargers are probably the best last place team of any division (if that makes sense). This sounds crazy, but the Chargers could be 6-0 if not for some bad breaks.

- I'm honestly happy for Rex and the Bills. I've always liked the Bills, don't know why. Glad to see them recovering from their 0-2 start. Should be a good game against us on Monday Night Football.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
You had me until Denver. That offense looks bad, defense is spending too much time on the field too. I feel like that team is sliding right now.

Fade

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":30mz265f said:
I like to do this thread every few weeks. Here is what I got:

- Jerry Jones has quietly put together a really good team in Dallas. Dak looks like the real deal. I have been harsh on JJ in the past, but I'll finally give him his props. And I think Dallas is our main threat in the NFC.

- Aaron Rodgers is no longer a top 5 QB. And the Packers offense is probably a bottom 10 offense in the league. Don't let the past tell you otherwise, they aren't very good anymore.

- Brock Osweiler might be the worst starting QB in the league. John Elway must feel like a genius right now.

- The Colts are sooo bad. Other than Andrew Luck, Frank Gore and Vontae Davis, I don't think any of those guys would even compete for a starting spot on our team. And on the reverse side, I bunch of our backups could probably start for them.

- The Chiefs probably have the best 1-2 RB punch in the NFL. Charles and Ware are going to run wild on teams. They both did it yesterday against Oakland.

- I know Carr didn't have a good game, but I think he is vastly underrated. Of the young QB's, I'd probably put him only behind Russell and Cam. I may even put him ahead of Luck. Oakland has a bright future.

- Hue Jackson should possibly be considered for coach of the year. I'm not kidding. He has played competetive football in nearly every game this season with 3rd string and 4th string QB's. Unlike the Niners who get demolished in every game, Cleveland has been very competitive outside of the RG3 game and the game where Clipboard had to play.

- The AFC North looks wide open. With the Berger injury, it's even more wide open. Either way, none of those teams are that good, and I don't expect either of them to make a run if/when they make the playoffs.

-- The AFC West might be the best division in football. The Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders are all really good teams. I'm confident that either of those three teams could win the NFC or AFC South divisions. The Chargers are probably the best last place team of any division (if that makes sense). This sounds crazy, but the Chargers could be 6-0 if not for some bad breaks.

- I'm honestly happy for Rex and the Bills. I've always liked the Bills, don't know why. Glad to see them recovering from their 0-2 start. Should be a good game against us on Monday Night Football.

Nice thoughts.

JJ though. They don't have much of a defense, their salary cap situation going forward is the worst in the league. If they had not hit the Dak lottery, they would be playing with some scrub backup like last year, and be in last place.
-------------------

Conspiracy Theory. I think Rodgers is playing like garbage on purpose to get MM fired. He knows if he wins enough games the way the Packers Org is run MM will never get fired. This is the only way in Rodgers mind to make it happen. I had suspicions, but when he missed that wide open throw in the end zone on Sunday... Yeah something is up, He is not Blaine Gabbert, but that is what he has been playing like for a while now.

-------------------
I agree about the AFC West. I think if SD gets hot. You may see all 4 teams with a winning record. AFC West is playing the NFC South this year so that will pad out their records.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
*allas' D still sucks just hasn't been exposed yet. Their record also has a lot to do with a last place schedule and a league that hasn't caught up to their hot rookies yet. When they start playing teams that know them within their own division and start playing teams that can boat race that defense at will, they will come back to earth.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Also, the purpose of this thread was for everyone to share their thoughts on the NFL, not just critique my lame thoughts :lol:

I'm on the fence when it comes to Dallas' defense. In a way, I think they're a bit underrated because everyone assumes they are terrible. They just went into GB and held them to 15 which is impressive. But like some of you have mentioned, they're yet to play a real offensive powerhouse.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":31e4xl2i said:
Also, the purpose of this thread was for everyone to share their thoughts on the NFL, not just critique my lame thoughts :lol:

I'm on the fence when it comes to Dallas' defense. In a way, I think they're a bit underrated because everyone assumes they are terrible. They just went into GB and held them to 15 which is impressive. But like some of you have mentioned, they're yet to play a real offensive powerhouse.

Much more fun just to critique yours!

This is possibly a prediction more than a thought, but I think the Rams might actually end up #2 in the division this year. I think they'll still have a bad record and the division race won't be that close but I think there is a legit shot they nudge out the Cardinals. Whodda thunk that before the season started?

I was one of the people who thought the MN trade for Bradford was stupid but so far it seems to have worked out okay.

New England is going to the Super Bowl again. Not just because they are playing lights out and survived their time without Brady but because it doesn't look there is anybody in the AFC who is going to rise up to stop them. Denver is falling back, Pitt doesn't seem to be what I thought they would be. The AFC South? Ha!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
As far as the Patriots go I dont think anyone in the AFC is on their level right now. I dont even know who I would put as the number 2 team in the AFC. It might be the Bills honestly since they actually beat the Patriots, although yes Brady was not starting.

For the NFC I thin Rodgers demise is grossly exagerated. The dude still has 10TD/4INT on the year which is top 10 in the league. Sure hes not THE top guy but he is still a very good QB. He DID look off this week though which is odd. Packers 2 losses have come at the hands of teams that are a combined 10-1 in the Vikings and Cowboys so its not like they are losing against scrubs either. They WILL beat the bears Thursday and be 4-2 and they will be just fine.

Cowboys look like a legit threat in the NFC but I have rarely heard the REAL reason why except for one sports show today. They arent winning because of Dak they are winning because of Elliot. Yes Dak is playing VERY well but he definately has limitations and Elliot is killing it behind that offensive line helping both Dak and that defense. I mean the guy has over 700 yards allready and 5TD.

Vikings D still the best in the NFL right now. Only allowing 12.6ppg and 2nd,3rd, and 4th are in the 15ppg range. Bradford despite what people on here say is playing very well and is 2nd in the entire league right now in QB rating with 109.8.

The Vikings and Cowboys play eachother on Dec 1st so we might see a potential playoff game right there. I think those are the two teams that the threat to the Seahawks in the NFC

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Nothing about Jai Aijay and the fish? Some posters here predicted he would be the next beast. Early reports look like they were correct.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Great thread and topic. I will come back and take it more serious.

But, my current Observations Through Week 6 are pretty simple: Fire Fisher.

Polaris

Reaction score
RedAlice":2pbk5dp7 said:

Fire Fisher? :shock: :shock:

That man is a GENIUS!

Who else could coach for almost a decade straight of losing seasons and not only not get fired but get a very generous contract extension.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Polaris":330xt8kr said:
RedAlice":330xt8kr said:

Fire Fisher? :shock: :shock:

That man is a GENIUS!

Who else could coach for almost a decade straight of losing seasons and not only not get fired but get a very generous contract extension.

Ok, ok, ok. I've been a Rams fan since I was 8 years old. We had briefly the GSOT. I suffered through StL.

It kinda is just like pile onto the masochists w Fisher right now. I'm a pretty positive girl - but, I'm getting kinda sad now.

I love my season tickets, I love the Rams back in LA, I love my new Rams board and getting to hang out with others who love the Rams as much as I do.

But, yes: your funny. It is pretty funny. It's stupid, sad ridiculous beyond reality: funny.

It escapes reality funny.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm dreaming that during the bye, Fisher is fired, Cowher is hired and Goff starts.

smiles.

oh right, but then I wake up.

Fade

Reaction score
Sam Bradford is false hope. He will get hurt before the season is over, they still have 11 games to play.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think Wentz and the Eagles really cool off in the second half. Both him and the Eagles got over hyped after a few games.

I think the Jags take the AFC South. That entire division is so bad, but they have the most talented roster in that division IMO.

I think the Giants make a run at the WC. I like their defense a lot.

Browns could go 0-16.

Pats may not lose another game. They are really good.