NFL reinstanting Josh Gordon. Eligible to play Week 16

Gio

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/1334597870645727233[/tweet]

He will be available for our last 2 Season games.

Russ , Carson , Flash , DK , Lockett and DMoore... That offense will be hell for opposite Ds.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
I haven't really read anything about his physical form though. Is good to go ? Working out with the team ?

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
I remember the crucial catches he made... Oh boy , this Offense.. He better start practicing with Russ and start clicking. Russ is going to throw deep balls all day all night , that could also create space for Carson.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Flash Is Back! Nice! Right in time for our final two divisional matchups.

Tenor

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
CAN'T WAIT !!!! :irishdrinkers:

[youtube]NwF9BxxCv-I[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Happy for Flash, and good timing having him available and ready to roll for the playoffs.

You got a healthy Carson DK, Lockett and Gordon? Good luck stopping that.

Hopefully he's been keeping himself in shape.

chris98251

Reaction score
He needs to go through protocol also, so can he isolate from where he is and be considered good to go or does he have to wait till reinstatement then isolate for 14 days, that would negate being able to play last two games.

He needs at least a week or so of reps I would think just to be a spot contributor. Or does he get a roster exemption till he is ready?

I don't trust Goodell.

But either way, he will have time to get in shape and reps for the playoffs, that could really mess up at least the first opponents scheme having not seen him in the offense with DK, Lockett, Moore, Swain, I think Hart is the guy out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Big addition to have back in the mix. I have zero doubt he will be in shape and ready to roll.
Regardless of the negativity towards him from some people, this guy is a hell of a football player. He has very good hands, and is just another big strong weapon for Russ. He's also a guy you can rely on when 3rd down rolls up. He's also clearly not a locker room problem, and a team guy that other players like playing with. His issues have very little to nothing to do with football.
Having DK, Lock and Gordon (plus Moore on 4 wide sets) on the field together, added to an already top tier offense? Yes please.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":315ea8g8 said:
Big addition to have back in the mix. I have zero doubt he will be in shape and ready to roll.
Regardless of the negativity towards him from some people, this guy is a hell of a football player. He has very good hands, and is just another big strong weapon for Russ. He's also a guy you can rely on when 3rd down rolls up. He's also clearly not a locker room problem, and a team guy that other players like playing with. His issues have very little to nothing to do with football.
Having DK, Lock and Gordon (plus Moore on 4 wide sets) on the field together, added to an already top tier offense? Yes please.

You line him up as a slot guy with Lockett and DK wide and you have to use a double team, no Slot guy is going to match up with him size wise. Someone is going to be very open. Whether its a Back or a TE, there isn't enough to cover everyone, leaving DK one on one is putting Wilson in a Candy Store. The deep Safety has to Choose Lockett or DK. Will he Choose Wisely?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
With Gordon returning, if we can stay healthy and our D continues their upward trajectory, let's just say I am really liking our chances in the post season. A LOT.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a very good point about the slot. If you're a D coordinator and you're facing DK/Lock/Gordon, plus our TE's, Russ and a Carson/Hyde combo? Good luck. Pick your poison.
I think he's also someone who can be a very good option on 3rd down. If someone wants to double DK, fine.
The Goddell thing is a legit worry, you never know with that guy. Fingers crossed we will see him on the field for the final 2 weeks and playoffs. That would be huge imo.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Everyone should temper their expectations of Gordon.

He will not see a lot of targets and will be the fourth/fifth option on offense.

I’m happy he’ll be back cause he does demand attention but as far as production goes, he won’t put up so many catches a game. Maybe 3-4 catches a game, 30-40 or so yards, realistically.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why temper expectations? Nothing wrong with being stoked about him back on the field. And why does it matter if other people are fired up about the guy??? I don't think anyone expects big numbers. But he makes this offense better. And no offense to Moore, but talent wise, there's no comparison when you stack him up with Gordon.

misfit

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1pxut4tc said:
Everyone should temper their expectations of Gordon.

He will not see a lot of targets and will be the fourth/fifth option on offense.

I’m happy he’ll be back cause he does demand attention but as far as production goes, he won’t put up so many catches a game. Maybe 3-4 catches a game, 30-40 or so yards, realistically.

I think hes a clear upgrade over moore. whether hes the #3 wr, probably not

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
chris98251":dyb7kfuy said:
He needs to go through protocol also, so can he isolate from where he is and be considered good to go or does he have to wait till reinstatement then isolate for 14 days, that would negate being able to play last two games.

He needs at least a week or so of reps I would think just to be a spot contributor. Or does he get a roster exemption till he is ready?

I don't trust Goodell.

But either way, he will have time to get in shape and reps for the playoffs, that could really mess up at least the first opponents scheme having not seen him in the offense with DK, Lockett, Moore, Swain, I think Hart is the guy out.

"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally reinstated Seattle’s Josh Gordon, it was announced today. Gordon may begin COVID testing Friday, December 4 and may join the club on December 9, assuming negative tests. Gordon will be permitted to attend team meetings and individual meetings with coaching staff. He may also engage in individual workouts and strength and conditioning, but may not practice, travel with the team or attend games. On Monday, December 21 following the club’s Week 15 game, Gordon will be permitted to participate in practice and be eligible to play in the team’s final two regular season games."

That's what Adam Schefter posted on facebook an hour ago.