NFL reinstanting Josh Gordon. Eligible to play Week 16

Chawker

Reaction score
With Gordons return, plus Penny and Taylor return we should be set up nicely for a Superbowl run. :2thumbs:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
While this brings great delight to Hawk fans, it causes the rest of the league to slap their forehead and piss their pants.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Rat":22y1ffsz said:
Seven suspensions in eight years, hopefully this is the time he sticks. As someone who has basically destroyed his entire life over addiction issues, I will certainly be rooting extra hard for him to figure it out.

He didn't really do much last year (I hear about all these "clutch third downs" over and over and over again like it happened repeatedly, but I only remember one for sure, and think maybe there was a second?), but he was still trying to get assimilated with the offense, and IIRC he spent considerable time with Russ and whoever before the season. Hopefully that rapport will pay dividends.

I have no delusions that he will suddenly become the Josh Gordon of 2012 again, but his physical profile demands attention from defenders, which should only help everyone else. He's making peanuts, so he's basically worth it as long as he doesn't immediately get suspended again.

He had 2 3rd downs clutch catches in his debut against 49ers if i'm not mistaken. And that 58 yard play against Carolina. Damn he's a big addition to our offense !

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
So many option in that offense and that's great for rotation as well . Just wait for Penny to come back as well

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Just having Josh on the field forces the defense to pay attention to him -- and opens up other options.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":n5u8xufz said:
Big addition to have back in the mix. I have zero doubt he will be in shape and ready to roll.
Regardless of the negativity towards him from some people, this guy is a hell of a football player. He has very good hands, and is just another big strong weapon for Russ. He's also a guy you can rely on when 3rd down rolls up. He's also clearly not a locker room problem, and a team guy that other players like playing with. His issues have very little to nothing to do with football.
Having DK, Lock and Gordon (plus Moore on 4 wide sets) on the field together, added to an already top tier offense? Yes please.

I totally agree with you... Flash doesn't need to be a productive receiver in the sense that he has 100 yards receiving in a game.. When the Hawks need that first down and they line up with Metcalf, Lockett, Gorden, and Moore or Disley it's going to be a complete nightmare for opposing D's... He is probably going to be a role player for now... that's fine... I'm totally ok with that...

LTH

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sure would like to see PC use him as a downfield threat, instead of how he's been using him... well I mean that's great too but, him and DK streaking down the sidelines.. c'mon.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1340636771995029509[/tweet]

GREAT NEWS !!!! :irishdrinkers: