NFL reinstanting Josh Gordon. Eligible to play Week 16

Bobblehead

Reaction score
DK and Flash aligned together,just brings happy thoughts.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Bobblehead":dxb8qlel said:
DK and Flash aligned together,just brings happy thoughts.

or nightmares for opposite DBs

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thinking of those 3rd down conversions Gordon had against the mouth of the south down in Santa Clara.
And that diving catch later in the year, incredible.

kf3339

Reaction score
Finally. Just in time to brush up on the Rams and Niners before the playoffs!

This is a very welcome development for the Hawks and us fans. But most importantly for him! :irishdrinkers:

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
This is actually a pretty big deal. I agree he will not be a focal point of the offense, but he only needs 5 targets a game to make a huge difference in the outcome. He is so clutch and has such good hands that what he brings as a safety net on 3rd downs is worth it alone. His upside compared to what Moore or Swain can bring you is not even close. I also like the fact that there won’t be much tape on how we use him in this offense going into the playoffs. It’s something I wouldn’t ignore if you are a DC going against the hawks, the way I look at it you have to give him more respect then you would give Swain or Moore. I expect him to have a bigger impact in making things open up more for DK or Lockett while he is on the field, as opposed to him having a 100 yard game or something like that. Him being on the field does make this team more dangerous. If the defense does decide not to show him respect he certainly has the skills to make them pay for it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":26sviqyq said:
I don't trust Goodell.
Yet, he has reinstated Gordon like 163 times now. He could easily have never reinstated Gordon to the NFL ever again at this point, and nobody would be surprised.

Not defending Goodell, but he does get more hate thrown his way than is warranted by the facts, IMO.

Elemas

Reaction score
It's been a long, shatty day of work.

It just got a lot better.

Hell yeah!!

You're up next Rashaad.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ruvqaw7 said:
Safe to say Russ is a tad stoked to hear the news. Just more options.

Will he have enough time to go thru all 83 options now? LOL :twisted:

Rat

Reaction score
Seven suspensions in eight years, hopefully this is the time he sticks. As someone who has basically destroyed his entire life over addiction issues, I will certainly be rooting extra hard for him to figure it out.

He didn't really do much last year (I hear about all these "clutch third downs" over and over and over again like it happened repeatedly, but I only remember one for sure, and think maybe there was a second?), but he was still trying to get assimilated with the offense, and IIRC he spent considerable time with Russ and whoever before the season. Hopefully that rapport will pay dividends.

I have no delusions that he will suddenly become the Josh Gordon of 2012 again, but his physical profile demands attention from defenders, which should only help everyone else. He's making peanuts, so he's basically worth it as long as he doesn't immediately get suspended again.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Thrilled to have Josh on the field. When he gets up to speed, we'll have the best WR corps in the league. I am equally thrilled for him as this is his best chance to succeed not only on the field but in life. I sincerely hope he's used this time to improve on his own life, and whether he makes a significant contribution or not, I wish him nothing but the best.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The biggest reason everyone should be excited is that Gordon was able to produce WELL every single year in Cleveland, through a huge train wreck of terrible QBs for years. OBJ has been mediocre in Cleveland. (OBJ was always overrated, but now more people are starting to see it.)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is another piece of hopefully positive news. RW, with some luck acquires another weapon that there is not much film for opponents to watch. I’m hopeful a roster spot can be created for him without the loss of any other key player.

Time will tell how much he helps but he should be a positive addition.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
He didn't get many targets last year but boy when he did he made an impact. Couple of key third down receptions in the 4th quarter and OT in SF in that win. And that long catch vs Carolina. I can see him running those stant routes on third down to covert drives.
I wasn't a big fan of the 4th down play vs the Eagles where Lockett and Metalf were on the same side. I was thinking if that gets taken away (like it did on that play) Russ needs someone who can beat his man on the other side. Gordon can provide that in those situations.

W

Welshers

Gordon was suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season but still caught 87 passes for nine touchdowns and a league-leading 1,646 yards and was named to the All-Pro team. That''s how good this guy is. I know seven years a long time, but he's still only 29. There is every reason to be excited because on his minimal contract there is basically no downside to a guy with this high of a ceiling. And if he stays clean, who says we couldn't try to get another year out of him next year? All upside, just the way I like it!

chris98251

Reaction score
He has 19 days to start working out and doing individual stuff, if he paces himself and doesn't pull anything he should be in good cardio condition when he can see the field, virtual meetings and such also.

Josh Gordon
Height: 6 feet 3 inches
Weight: 225 pounds

DK Metcalf
Height: 6 feet 4 inches
Weight: 229 pounds

Jacob Hollister
Weight: 245 pounds

Colby Parkinson
Height: 6 feet 7 inches
Weight: 251 pounds

Will Dissly
Weight: 265 pounds

Then add Moore and Lockett.

There is a lot of beef at WR and TE if we choose to use it, throw in Carson and Hyde, Dallas and Homer and soon Penny
as threats we have a whole lot of combinations that we can mix and match.

We can play physical in the secondary with whomever, they can't beat on Lockett, we have a lot of other options to spread it around with.

The biggest aspect is going to be Gordons run blocking, we can pass or run with him and he is almost another TE in size, him and DK can clear a side by themselves if asked.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Happy for the Hawks, but happiest for Gordon. Other than getting reps I think he is close to ready to go. I know he's been working at it and I believe he is serious about taking full advantage of this opportunity. He'd like to get a ring he feels he earned to replace the one he sold this spring. I'm all for the guy.
Gotta think Tyler and DK are happy about this. They should benefit by his presence on the field with them. He will basically insure all our guys get single coverage. Who has a secondary that can cover all our guys?
Been cloudy most all day here, but this late announcement feels like a ray of sunshine.