NFL to hold private Saturday workout for Kaepernick

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":35mtdu39 said:
SantaClaraHawk":35mtdu39 said:
He wants (ostensibly) to work for an NFL team though. If he was uncomfortable with it, he should have said on Tuesday no thanks and announced his own workout place THEN.

He didn't, because he knows no one would have gone. Instead, he RSVP'ed to their party and larped on getting them to organize getting the teams there plus the coaches/vid guys/equipment guys.

With all those guys there, someone would have gone to Schefter "per source" and leaked how they thought the tryout went. Plus the NFL was going to give him the raw footage anyway. They'd agreed to let Kaep use the event as an advertising opportunity.

So what if the NFL took extra steps to try to NOT get sued over this again? He just settled with them this year.

I just don't get how this makes Kaep the oppressed one here.
Hard to trust the NFL when they set this up with almost no warning, refused absolute media transparency, and so on. Were I Kaepernick, I’d have thought it was an NFL PR stunt, too, and most definitely would not have trusted them.

It always comes back to transparency. Like a certain, shall we say, CITRIS one, innocent people should have nothing to hide, but guilty people always fight transparency.
:irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2axadsf4 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2axadsf4 said:
He wants (ostensibly) to work for an NFL team though. If he was uncomfortable with it, he should have said on Tuesday no thanks and announced his own workout place THEN.

He didn't, because he knows no one would have gone. Instead, he RSVP'ed to their party and larped on getting them to organize getting the teams there plus the coaches/vid guys/equipment guys.

With all those guys there, someone would have gone to Schefter "per source" and leaked how they thought the tryout went. Plus the NFL was going to give him the raw footage anyway. They'd agreed to let Kaep use the event as an advertising opportunity.

So what if the NFL took extra steps to try to NOT get sued over this again? He just settled with them this year.

Hard to trust the NFL when they set this up with almost no warning, refused absolute media transparency, and so on. Were I Kaepernick, I’d have thought it was an NFL PR stunt, too, and most definitely would not have trusted them.

It always comes back to transparency. Like a certain, shall we say, CITRIS one, innocent people should have nothing to hide, but guilty people always fight transparency.

Good post would like to see someone trump it :)

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I see this as an everyone involved is wrong to some degree. Trouble is, Kaepernick doesn't have the leverage. IDK why everyone seems to paint all this crap as black and white. Lots of times in life, everyone is wrong, in various ways to various degrees. :141847_bnono:

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Kaep did have leverage--maybe more than he did as his kneeling became a proxy for not just police brutality but meta-issues and political views. Nothing they did stopped that momentum--not the settlement, not hiring Jay_Z, who said, "Let's get beyond the kneeling."

They felt they had to do something to bring it to a head. Yeah, the way they went about it--the way both sides went about it--was sketch. The whole exercise felt like a gigantic game of clown world.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Nobody would have any problem with Kaepernik protesting on his own damn time. When he puts on the uniform on game day he is an employee. He should have been booted on day 1. If I was an owner I would tell the coach that anybody that kneels doesn't play that game and will get released.

It is football. Not a protest.

pehawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2f5b5wff said:
Nobody would have any problem with Kaepernik protesting on his own damn time. When he puts on the uniform on game day he is an employee. He should have been booted on day 1. If I was an owner I would tell the coach that anybody that kneels doesn't play that game and will get released.

It is football. Not a protest.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It's really up to the individual team.

Eric Reid is still kneeling at Panthers.
Michael Bennett stayed in the Patriots locker room during the anthem.
When Bennett got traded to DAL, Jerruh required that he stand.

So chances are in current year, there are plenty of teams that don't care about the kneeling per se. If I were a team owner, I wouldn't. But now, with Kaep's own actions/manipulation (down to the "Kunta Kinte" shirt, yelling that his tryout was "for the people" and NOT taking questions), I would not hire him.

Everyone knew anyway that he could throw balls in space. They wanted to see how he'd hold up under questions, which he ducked out on and then refused to take in his own venue.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Stephen A Smith has gone OFF on Eric Reid:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/events/1196134322710822913[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/i/events/1196134322710822913

The Twitter stream is like 13 Tweets long but here's some of it

Replying to
@E_Reid35
Man, please. You embarrass yourself @E_Reid35 every single time you open your mouth. You — of all people — talking of tap dancing when you’re the one collecting a check from the very institution you collect a check from. You
@E_Reid35, who takes a knee — supposedlyfor brothers —Yet attack brothers — Malcolm Jenkins, Jay-Z, ME — at every turn the second someone disagrees with you. You @E_Reid35 got the nerve to call out the @NFL when your beef was suppose to be with society in regards to police brutality and racial oppression. Where’s your plan?
Let me tell you something Mr. @E_Reid35 Kaepernick has been supported. WvHasn’t acknowledged that? But life isn’t fair. It damn sure ain’t ideal. And at some point, you’ve got the grab the opportunity. Kap’s occurred today. And what does he do: alters the process, and shows up with a T-Shirt alluding to SLAVERY @E_Reid35 For a JOB INTERVIEW!

You’ll never listen. But others will hear @E_Reid35 You can bet the house on that. Just listen. It’s coming from the multitude of places. And it’s damn sure — like a storm — on @FirstTake Monday morning. So buckle the hell up!
Good luck on Sunday. Sincerely!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I heard Stephen A go on all last week promising that Kaep would have a job inside of two weeks if he went through with the NFL workout...interesting to know Stephen A as a journo was doing his own "advocacy" behind the scenes for that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":2tlnlefi said:
5_Golden_Rings":2tlnlefi said:
SantaClaraHawk":2tlnlefi said:

Good post would like to see someone trump it :)
:irishdrinkers:

Osprey

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3auj6vxd said:
The shirt said, "Kunta Kinte."
I'm hearing it was all a misunderstanding and he really meant to wear this shirt:

61cZxVmhp6L UX679

:sarcasm_off:

Only the :les: will get this joke

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Maybe he could not afford the video....

[youtube]FWg0U3fi7sE[/youtube]

camdawg

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1g8lccx1 said:

Was Kaep supposed to know the league would try to pull the shady technique of giving him a "custom" waiver to sign at the last minute? Why couldn't the league have given him this on Tuesday?

Perhaps because the workout was never the point? Trying to trick/trap Colin into signing the waiver was the league's real goal?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely Kaep should have known it.

One of the lawyers/"team reps" advising him is Mark Geragos. He's a high-power celebrity attorney in the Bay who absolutely knew that some workout waiver was going to be prerequisite. He and Kaep's high-powered "team" should have demanded this waiver no later than Wednesday or the deal would be off. Even Kaep without his "Team" knew some sort of paperwork was coming, and with his skepticism should have demanded the paperwork be promptly delivered or the deal was off. Yes NFL should have presented it earlier, but since they didn't, it was on Kaep's Team to ask.

I mean, that's what we do when we buy a house.

As far as what it said, SI got ahold of it and turned it over to their writer-lawyer Mccann, who says it only addresses physical injury explicitly but could be argued to mean "more." I mean, what is "more"? Two low-level scouts sitting on the sidelines saying, "Ah, I can't believe I missed Georgia-Auburn for THIS?" The NFL was going to have 25 teams there. They couldn't control what the reps said amongst themselves, so they wanted to be indemnified.

Had he gone through with the league-sponsored workout, it's very possible that a couple of teams would have recommended a followup based on initial convo. Which would have come down to, if we bring you in, what can we expect with the off-field stuff. Not just kneeling. No one wants to be the Ravens and have his GF tweet a racist meme saying they were the racists.

No one wants to be crucified for giving him a chance, which is why he hasn't gotten one.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1196585668958277632[/tweet]

Pissing on our leg then telling us it's raining.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Kaep should be thanking his lucky stars. Dude isn't a very good QB, but because he has been treated this way by the nfl. He can continue to talk like he should be starting somewhere. If none of this stuff had happened, he would have signed with the Browns, and would be out of the league now.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Latest posts