NFL top 100: Richard Sherman at 50, 3rd highest corner

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol respect? screw that.

Maybe thats why you guys suck against the Rams, you guys wanna be all cutsie and friendly with everyone.

Its why Kaepernick will be ringless when his career is over.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Young2Rice":1m1c4d04 said:
Kaepernick is one of the most popular players in the league. By fans and fellow NFL players. Here he is fraternizing with the Rams Defense. Mutual respect.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much. :lol:

We're all super impressed. :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Basis4day":17q0sypa said:
Marvin49":17q0sypa said:
Hawknballs":17q0sypa said:
wherever aldon smith is on the list he should be at least one spot behind justin smith.

Sigh.

Yup...Justin is the only reason Aldon is any good. No OLB ever had a guy as good as Justin Smith next to him. Clearly thats the case because the 33.5 sacks in his first 2 seasons is a record. ANYONE lining up to Justin Smith could do that. Right?

Everyone LOVES to say Aldon fell off at the end because Justin wasn't in there...but neglect to mention the fact that Aldon was PLAYING HURT.

First off, everyone is hurt that late in the season. We won't know what Aldon Smith can do until he takes the field healthy without Justin Smith. Maybe we'll get a chance in a year or two if Aldon can avoid getting stabbed.

It would be foolish to think that Aldon Smith doesn't benefit from the talent around him, the same as it would be foolish to think that the Seahawks' secondary doesn't benefit from a roaming Earl Thomas.

Many outside Seahawks' fandom discount Russell Wilson's achievements last year do to the talent around him, yet praise Colin Kaeperick without acknowledging the talent on the 49ers roster.

The fact is, no one plays in a vacuum.

#1: I realize that on some level everyone is playing hurt...but Aldon was REALLY hurt. He had a torn labrum which robbed him of his power. He wasn't the same guy. He had surgery this offseason to repair it and is STILL not participating in OTAs because he's recovering.

#2: I wouldn't even begin to say that playing next to Justin has NOTHING to do with his success. My issue is the notion that Justin is the SOLE reason for Aldons success. If you guys had seen him absolutely manhandle Tackles over the past few years then you would know what I mean. I've never seen a guy outside of Reggie White just completely put a tackle on his butt and sack the QB. I've seen OLB go around a tackle and I've seen them bull rush the guy backwards.....but never simply go through the tackle like he wasn't even there. I've seen Aldon do it 3 or 4 times.

Want evidense?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... -Tannehill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odFuxadpdok

This is only 2 of his 33.5 sacks in his first 2 years. In that span Justin Smith has 10.5. Some will say its because Justin is holding on that stunt play thats become famous, but FAR, FAR more of Aldons sacks are just him abusing the Tackle. His combination of strength and some of the longest arms in the NFL (35.5 inches) make him a nightmare.

#3: As for the Kaep/Wilson thing...I wouldn't say that at all. Wilson is a HUGE part of the reason the 'hawks played so well last year. His ability to keep plays alive was critical. He throws a great deep ball and he's got every intangible you could ask for. Kaep plays for a great team...no doubt, but he was a big part of the reason the Niners got as far as they did. People will say that Alex got them almost to the same spot, but thats kinda missing the point. The 49ers got that far in 2011 with the best D in the NFL and the best special teams in the NFL. Alex was good but not great and had the best game of his career vs New Orleans. Alex for the most part tho was simply not LOSING games...he wasn't WINNING them.

In 2012, particularly late in the season, the special teams that was soooooo good in 2011 fell apart. Thats why they signed Skuta, Dahl, and Dawson and drafted Moody. The PASS defense also fell apart late mostly due to Justin and Aldon both being hurt and the pass rush evaporating. All of the sudden, the Niners needed to win on offense. THAT is the difference Kaep made. Of course he had a ton of talent around him, but he still played VERY well when it counted...and came just 5 yards short.

#4: As for the point of this topic to begin with...the more I think about Sherman at #50 it makes more and more sense. Its not that I actually think he's the 50th best player (he's far better than that), but the rankings are done by the players. Shermans mouth hasn't made him alot of friends among the people who vote on these lists. As much as I hate the guy tho, I do have to give him credit for the props he's been giving to a number of players on the countdown.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Why the hell do threads on the Seahawks main forum always turn into some stupid debate about a TF QB?

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2w0d8hzn said:
Why the hell do threads on the Seahawks main forum always turn into some stupid debate about a TF QB?

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

Hey man, I didn't start it. I was just responding.

I think Sherman got robbed.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3iwmec7n said:
SouthSoundHawk":3iwmec7n said:

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

Not calling you out bud, by all means don't think I'm getting on you for anything.

It is an annoying problem here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":n16izd3q said:
Marvin49":n16izd3q said:
SouthSoundHawk":n16izd3q said:

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

Not calling you out bud, by all means don't think I'm getting on you for anything.

It is an annoying problem here.

No worries. :D

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3qms3r9t said:
Nobody here gives a rip about that nothing. He'll be out of the league in 2 seasons. Hopefully you'll be off this board even sooner than that.

You guys don't care about the division rivals starting QB? I doubt you can speak for others. Kaep is a good QB.

I'll try to stick around the board. That's not up to me really.

Young2Rice

Reaction score

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Throwdown":3oitsjrc said:
lol respect? screw that.

Maybe thats why you guys suck against the Rams, you guys wanna be all cutsie and friendly with everyone.

Its why Kaepernick will be ringless when his career is over.

Didn't you guys lose to the Rams and almost lost again in week 17?

Akers missed 2 game winning FGs in those two games. One game was Kaep's very first with no preparation thrown into the fire.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Young2Rice":p53buwib said:
Zebulon Dak":p53buwib said:
Nobody here gives a rip about that nothing. He'll be out of the league in 2 seasons. Hopefully you'll be off this board even sooner than that.

You guys don't care about the division rivals starting QB? I doubt you can speak for others. Kaep is a good QB.

I'll try to stick around the board. That's not up to me really.
Incorrect. It's entirely up to you. Stay or go it still won't change the fact you and the rest of Ninner fanbase just reek of fear. Seriously you guys post here more than most Seahawk fans all in a desperate attempt to deflect the truth of your team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What makes it offensive is that you play like you guys don't show your actual view at 49 webzone et al. For godsakes even I drop by your home sites to measure the pulse of 49er nation and see how you actually view us among your own. Follow me?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Young2Rice":rw0xs8hl said:
Throwdown":rw0xs8hl said:
Young2Rice":rw0xs8hl said:
Kaepernick is one of the most popular players in the league. By fans and fellow NFL players. Here he is fraternizing with the Rams Defense. Mutual respect.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/201 ... aepernick/

Here's Richard Sherman picking off Kaepernick...
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... Kaepernick

Sucka!

Sweet. Kaep was a bit late with the throw.

Cuz he's trash