NFL Top 100: Russell is Number 51

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawks46":12ezt3zm said:
Wondering how high Lynch, Okung and Sherman willl go. Any other Seahawks make the list ?

I'm thinking Chancellor makes the list. As hard as he hits, you bet your ass there's a ton of WRs and TEs out there that will rate him highly.

chancellor won't be on the list. yes he's pretty good and we love him but there's no way he was voted into the top 50 players in the NFL.

We're going to see Lynch and Sherman and probably Okung.

Hawks46

Reaction score
No way Cam Newton is a better QB than Wilson, but it's interesting that the players rate him highly.

Chancellor might not make top 50, but look at how you rate him as a Safety in the NFL. Safeties don't always get all the stats, but players know how important safeties are in the league. It's possible, but again, I don't know how you rate Kam higher than Earl now that I think about it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
51 was a fair spot for Russell. Very impressive, and I'm sure he's honored by it

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawks46":1lrq0qtr said:
Wilson is rated 11th of QBs, meaning 10 are above him. So I'm thinking....

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees. I get these since they've been doing it over and over and they are proven. Maybe Eli Manning for the same reason. So who's rated higher as a QB ? I'm trying to think....Stafford has already been rated. I think the overall ranking is fine, but I can't find 10 QBs better than Wilson at this point.

Good question. My stab at who the players may have picked for the top 10 QBs (not saying I agree with them, but this is their poll):

In no order of ranking

1 - Brady
2 - Rodgers
3 - P Manning
4 - Drew Brees
5 - E Manning
6 - Cam Newton
7 - A Luck
8 - J Cutler
9 - RGIII
10 - Romo (Thought I heard he wasn't on the list? Not sure)

Others to pick from Dalton, Schaub, Freeman(?) and Tannehill

Already rated in top 100 as a comparison

1 - Stafford
2 - Roethlisberger
3 - Kaepernick

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
JimmyB3":fgkb7ft7 said:
Only thing that bothers me about this is that Cam Newton will be rated higher.

Where is it stated yet that Cam is on the list? He wouldn't make top 100 IMO based on his last year's performance.

drdiags

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":1qne4p36 said:
JimmyB3":1qne4p36 said:

Where is it stated yet that Cam is on the list? He wouldn't make top 100 IMO based on his last year's performance.

From what I have read in recent months, Newton's home stretch run was pretty good. Something to keep in mind when the Seahawks open with them this season.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
drdiags":cpakgh3t said:
Hawks46":cpakgh3t said:

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees. I get these since they've been doing it over and over and they are proven. Maybe Eli Manning for the same reason. So who's rated higher as a QB ? I'm trying to think....Stafford has already been rated. I think the overall ranking is fine, but I can't find 10 QBs better than Wilson at this point.

Good question. My stab at who the players may have picked for the top 10 QBs (not saying I agree with them, but this is their poll):

In no order of ranking

1 - Brady
2 - Rodgers
3 - P Manning
4 - Drew Brees
5 - E Manning
6 - Cam Newton
7 - A Luck
8 - J Cutler
9 - RGIII

1 - Stafford
2 - Roethlisberger
3 - Kaepernick

Your missing Flacco and Ryan, BOTH will most likely be on the list .

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
drdiags":1d3oztl4 said:
Hawks46":1d3oztl4 said:

In no order of ranking

1 - Brady
2 - Rodgers
3 - P Manning
4 - Drew Brees
5 - E Manning
6 - Cam Newton
7 - A Luck
8 - J Cutler
9 - RGIII

1 - Stafford
2 - Roethlisberger
3 - Kaepernick
Of that list I see Wilson as better than Cam Newton on down and likely at least even with Eli Manning. And every bit as good as Ryan and Flacco who will be on the list.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":9ercplw3 said:
51 was a fair spot for Russell. Very impressive, and I'm sure he's honored by it

51 was a fair spot for Russell Wilson. Anything higher than 51 for Andrew Luck, on the other hand, is overrating him.

drdiags

Reaction score
jlwaters1":jzslmiq8 said:
Your missing Flacco and Ryan, BOTH will most likely be on the list .

Thanks. I figured I was missing a couple, since I was trying to go from memory. Not sure how I missed these two. So put Ryan and Flacco in and take out 2 of the following: Cutler/E Manning/Romo or Newton would be my guesses.

EDIT: Here is some guy at NFLN take on the ranking of QBs for whatever it is worth

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000200131/article/ranking-the-nfl-quarterbacks

JimmyB3

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":3sb05cae said:
JimmyB3":3sb05cae said:

It isn't stated anywhere, but he is going to be on this list.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I just went to check on the most recently revealed top 100 and noticed this. Something doesn't seem right...

WLLSON zps5706a102

So they could spell Papaki all right, but "W-I-L-S-O-N" is just too complicated. :34853_doh:
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap1000000166758/0ap2000000206036[/urltargetblank]

Steve2222

Reaction score
The only guy left from us is Marshawn Lynch.

And 51 is more than fine for Wilson. However, the problem is that theres not way RG3 and Luck should be rated 20+ higher than him. His season was easily, easilllllly better than Lucks and right on par with RG3.

Its getting ridiculous with people handicapping Wilsons season because he played for the better team. If people would have watched every Seahawk game this year, they'd know their were times where Russell Wilson was easily the best player on the field and picked up his teammates when they were dragging ass (most notably the Divisional Round game).

And this list just proved that NFL players know nothing about their colleagues. Do you seriously mean to tell that if they could choose between having Steven Tulloch or Colin Kaepernick, they'd choose Tulloch? Thats just dumb.

Latest posts