NFL Turning Point

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
RW says to Bevell: I'm gonna go with a check.
Bevell looking at his play sheets: ... ok...
RW: I'm gonna hit him with a check..We're gonna win it.
Bevell: Hey I'm leaving with a keeper ok..

Was RW still lobbying Bevell to let him check out of the play? It seems Bevell and RW aren't even on the same page. RW would have been killed on a keeper against that formation.

SeaTitan

Reaction score
Awesome! This will go down as one of the defining games in Seahawks history. Even almost a week later, I still feel giddy over that win. I will watch this over and over again. It will never get old.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2j66nd5p said:

Was RW still lobbying Bevell to let him check out of the play? It seems Bevell and RW aren't even on the same page. RW would have been killed on a keeper against that formation.

I don't think you understood what you watched. They practiced a check based on a formation that they knew GB likes to go to (an undisguised cover zero). Wilson predicts GB will finally get in that look in OT. Bevell tells him he will call a play that will give him a shot at making that check, so he should be ready to make it. They both do exactly that. They started out in I-formation to get GB into Cover-0; there is no "keeper" option out of that set.

They are completely on the same page.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":24qs0zla said:
Russ Willstrong":24qs0zla said:

I don't think you understood what you watched. They practiced a check based on a formation that they knew GB likes to go to (an undisguised cover zero). Wilson predicts GB will finally get in that look in OT. Bevell tells him he will call a play that will give him a shot at making that check, so he should be ready to make it. They both do exactly that. They started out in I-formation to get GB into Cover-0; there is no "keeper" option out of that set.

They are completely on the same page.

Thats how I read it as well - excellent teamwork between the QB and OC and executed to perfection.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
TasteTheBeastmode":1aup2xnp said:
volsunghawk":1aup2xnp said:
That clip right there shows how windy it was, too. That 2-pt throw hung and seemed to move a little away from the endzone as it was starting to come down. Might explain why Clinton-Dix couldn't adjust to the ball. I can't imagine how it looked to someone standing where he was.

That's exactly what happened. Luke Willson had to come back OUT of the endzone to make the catch. Clinton-Dix just couldn't compute the drift of the ball in the wind while looking up so high without a frame of reference.

When a ball is spiraling perfectly and its been thrown high up in the air it will "slice" as it comes downward.

Go outside and fire some throws up into the air and watch the spirals slice back, thats what happened in that play.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I swear in the 4th segment of the videos, the Packers defenders were yelling "Hasselbeck! Hasselbeck!" at Russell Wilson, trying to distract him and get him thinking about the Matt Hasselbeck "We want the ball and we're going to score!" game. Or maybe just inspire themselves, thinking pick-6, but it sure sounded like "Hasselbeck!"

Is that what others heard too? "Hasselbeck!!"

huskylawyer

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1gavz21e said:
[vine]OIrIP6rHFrQ[/vine]

LMAO. When my girlfriend and I were watching the game on DVR, we kept on rewinding to watch this and were laughing. It just never gets old! Like 3 GB Fans who were stunned.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
That guy looks JUST like every white, male, Packer fan I've ever known. He lives in and has lived in the north east Kent/Des Moines area and has great connects for 'stuff' but you really can't stand him :lol:

Total generalization but I guarantee someone on here feels me!

Latest posts