Nick Vannett not happy about his time in Seattle

xray

Reaction score
Schneider and Carroll loved him enough to draft him 94th overall . That misfire was on them .IMO

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
James in PA":lq9qmywa said:
He also said he wasn’t happy during his time with the Stealers. He wasn’t happy playing under 2 of the most player-friendly coaches in the NFL. I doubt that Nikki finds happiness in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rec for "Stealers". I always thought that was one of the most poorly reffed games in SB history.

I thought Vannett did OK, but Diss came on with such a bang that paint dried fast.

KinesProf

Reaction score
The title of this thread doesn't really reflect the quote.

Seems like he just gave an honest answer when asked a question. Nothing particular noteworthy in there at all.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
James in PA":2foqfk81 said:
He also said he wasn’t happy during his time with the Stealers. He wasn’t happy playing under 2 of the most player-friendly coaches in the NFL. I doubt that Nikki finds happiness in Denver.

Why insult the guy with a misogynistic bastardization of his name? Seriously, I don't get why you lot are so angry at the dude. He isn't insulting the Seahawks at all, just relating his personal viewpoint to his tenure in both organizations.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was suppose to be like the best Blocker and complete TE in the draft, problem was Dissley was not expected to be anything but depth and back up for two TE sets, then they seen that he could catch and get open and when he blocked he pancaked guys. The run game and passing game both opened up with him being on the field the first few games immensely.

Dissley was Hungry and a worker, Vannett was an Ohio State Product that may have had it easier there because of the surrounding talent.

D

DomeHawk

I don't see anything particularly news worthy here. This is just a fact of life in football at every level. He's fortunate that he gets to go someplace new and start over. Wish him well.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure he will love his time in Saskatchewan.

samwize77

Reaction score
I can't help but notice this..... "They had another guy, a young guy, they brought in, (Will) Dissly, they were pretty high on and they kind of saw him to be my successor"

As if NV was "the Man"...….kind of high on himself...considering he's a name know one will remember....he was NEVER going to be the answer at TE.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Considering he wasn't happy with his time with the Steelers either, I think Vannett may just be one of those people who either looks at the glass half empty in every situation or else he has an overinflated sense of what he is entitled to in the NFL.

KinesProf

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1e73w5ko said:
Considering he wasn't happy with his time with the Steelers either, I think Vannett may just be one of those people who either looks at the glass half empty in every situation or else he has an overinflated sense of what he is entitled to in the NFL.

Where does he say that he wasn't happy with his time with the Steelers?

toffee

Reaction score
samwize77":1rl1u3lh said:
I can't help but notice this..... "They had another guy, a young guy, they brought in, (Will) Dissly, they were pretty high on and they kind of saw him to be my successor"

As if NV was "the Man"...….kind of high on himself...considering he's a name know one will remember....he was NEVER going to be the answer at TE.
To be his successor? Nick was never the man or de facto TE of the Hawks, so successor to what?

Wish him luck, and understand his frustration when he looked at career ... which is on path to become a journeyman at best.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
samwize77":2xlmw2nn said:

That's what I alluded to earlier.

To be "kicked to the curb" he had to be somewhere above that at some point and I do not recall that ever really happening.

He just never developed.

Wish him luck.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Nick got a first hand look at why he was being phased out.. (Dissly vs Pittsburgh)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Vannett was always much more interested in clubbing, going on vacations, and flaunting his model GF on Instagram than he was developing his skill set.

I had high hopes for him coming out of OSU, and loved the pick.

He is the definition of average.