Niner fan, and I agree with most the members here

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":1nea9qnq said:
On the other side of the coin, what would we think of Drew Brees if he didn't have Jimmy Graham and only threw 25 pass attempts a game despite excellent production per pass?

Or to argue it the other way (and doing so isn't my point!), what happens to Drew Brees if you give him the best defense in the NFL and one of the top RBs in the NFL? If he had those things the Saints would probably ask much less of him, and he might even be a better QB according to some statistics, but a worse QB according to others because less is being asked of him.

I think we're left with this: At this point nobody denies that Wilson is a very, very good QB in a league that has a shortage of very, very good QBs. Anything more or less than that gets really subjective really quickly, IMO.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":i25qco53 said:
Marvin49":i25qco53 said:
WOW.

Just occurs to me that perhaps if you've had that much trouble on all those Niner forums that maybe, just maybe....

....the forum isn't the problem.

I know. Crazy talk.

I don't know about other 49er forums, but I find it hard to believe that anyone without a severe detachment from reality or a psychotic streak could last any length of time on webzone..

etc etc

z_man, u nailed it throughout your whole post.

webzone is trash, we all know. and out of like 5000 posters there, there are but only maybe 4-5 somewhat clearminded posters (sandiego49er and sofa being 2), but their posts just get drowned out by the masses of haters, whiners, and naysayers. it truly is epic how so many like-minded potatoes can infest such a small partition of the online stratosphere. almost like 4chan... in /b/

ever take a look at their gameday threads from the the nfc championship game and the superbowl? hideous, yet i couldnt stop laughing at how pathetically sad those people are.

http://www.49erswebzone.net/forum/niner ... p/page499/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... i/page108/

themunn

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":279z7b36 said:
sometimes, he wants to pass the ball on first and second down even when we have Marshawn Lynch destroying dudes between the tackles.

MizzouHawkGal":279z7b36 said:
I definitely prefer that over run, run, incomplete pass because even the Chinese know what's coming.

This is the problem, Bevell can't win. Either "run run pass is too predictable" or "why isn't he running the ball it's the obvious thing to do"

It seems that Bevell always picks the wrong option in the minds of the fans

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
themunn":1uo6pxoa said:
Smelly McUgly":1uo6pxoa said:
sometimes, he wants to pass the ball on first and second down even when we have Marshawn Lynch destroying dudes between the tackles.

MizzouHawkGal":1uo6pxoa said:
I definitely prefer that over run, run, incomplete pass because even the Chinese know what's coming.

This is the problem, Bevell can't win. Either "run run pass is too predictable" or "why isn't he running the ball it's the obvious thing to do"

It seems that Bevell always picks the wrong option in the minds of the fans
You misunderstand me I was completely happy with what he did a week and a half ago. Sometimes pass, sometimes run, sometimes some jet/fly sweep or triple option play. But never predictable. Hopefully we'll be able to get the deep passing game up running this time around and it would be perfect.

hawk45

Reaction score
You and I agree 100% Popeye, reason I only listed harvin there was because lynch, Russ, and ET are off my high alert injury radar unlike Harvin.

@ninester I agree fans will mainly see the glass half full and that's natural for many. The little jab about Pete having a 1 yr headstart...harbaugh had an entire roster headstart. Harbs is a good damned coach but the one area he is unproven which Pete has shown complete mastery of is roster building and turning 7th rounders into pro bowlers in his scheme.
Harbaugh has the qb whisperer rep but I really feel like Wilson staying cool and mistake free in big games is THE reason Seattle has a trophy and San Fran does not. So even in terms of qb selection Pete's evaluation trumps harbaugh to no small effect on the two franchises.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":trgfrr2d said:
The_Z_Man":trgfrr2d said:
Marvin49":trgfrr2d said:
WOW.

Just occurs to me that perhaps if you've had that much trouble on all those Niner forums that maybe, just maybe....

....the forum isn't the problem.

I know. Crazy talk.

I don't know about other 49er forums, but I find it hard to believe that anyone without a severe detachment from reality or a psychotic streak could last any length of time on webzone..

etc etc

z_man, u nailed it throughout your whole post.

webzone is trash, we all know. and out of like 5000 posters there, there are but only maybe 4-5 somewhat clearminded posters (sandiego49er and sofa being 2), but their posts just get drowned out by the masses of haters, whiners, and naysayers. it truly is epic how so many like-minded potatoes can infest such a small partition of the online stratosphere. almost like 4chan... in /b/

ever take a look at their gameday threads from the the nfc championship game and the superbowl? hideous, yet i couldnt stop laughing at how pathetically sad those people are.

http://www.49erswebzone.net/forum/niner ... p/page499/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... i/page108/

OMG.

Lol.

Totally figures you'd like sandiego49er.

Dude is a lunatic troll who thinks the sky is falling at every turn. THATS your "voice of reason". Rotflmao.

Wow. Says a lot.

A

Anonymous

:thcoffee:

I'd rather shave with a string trimmer than read webzone.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2gk6wmol said:
OMG.

Lol.

Totally figures you'd like sandiego49er.

Dude is a lunatic troll who thinks the sky is falling at every turn. THATS your "voice of reason". Rotflmao.

Wow. Says a lot.

Of course you have referred to us as the "lunatic fringe" when posting in your Sanctuary of Confusion. MarvaTroll..

Sounds like the guy must be alright to me if you refer to him as such. You make light of disagreeing with most members here. Oh.. it's fun to "rile them up"...

Marvin8.jpg

"Perspective" seems to be agreeing or telling you what you want to hear. Is that right Marvin? There are a lot of folks here that don't just outright blast on K-Choke and the Niners, in this thread alone. Yet you claim you are dealing with the "Lunatic Fringe".

Marvin2.jpg

I think that the perspective you refer to is a one-way program, but no one owes it to you and I don't recall "perspective" being a requirement to post on a message board. If you want it so bad, maybe you should get it from DenialZone before expecting to see it on a Seahawks board. "All I ask for is perspective".... LMAO. I didn't realize a Seahawks message board was around for you to ask for anything.

Yep.. anyone you call "lunatic" is alright by me. Now you may resume with your typical spin/deflection/deny package.

[emoji1]

chris98251

Reaction score
Describe this Lunatic fringe, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT AND WHO IT IS!!!!

canfan

Reaction score
Largent80":2axng12x said:
I hate these quotes that quote quotes. I makes this shit unreadable. You know people, you can actually DELETE previous posts within a post by using backspace or delete?

Frack. I believe how lazy people are.

Why in the hell do you quote, quote, quo

Have a much?

I'll be damned!! It works!!! Thanks for the tip! :thirishdrinkers:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":1cb4fco5 said:

The "lunatic fringe" is more likely than the general Hawks fan population to:

A) dedicate their signatures or avatars not to the love of their team but towards the hatred of another (e.g. the 9ers)

B) believe that a rivalry between sports teams is actually a battle between good and evil, and express this through a belief in the moral inferiority of their rival teams' a) players, b) fans or c) coaches/FO.

C) Make up hyperbolic arguments for their rivals' fans and go on rants about their *character* and them as people rather than having level-headed discussions about football.

D) Have convinced themselves that it's their team and its fans against the world, and that there are conspiracies and slights and disrespect hiding behind every corner.

D) Type in big, bold, colored text.

To be clear, every fanbase has a lunatic fringe.

Hope this helps. :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2nlbgcs8 said:
chris98251":2nlbgcs8 said:

The "lunatic fringe" is more likely than the general Hawks fan population to:

A) dedicate their signatures or avatars not to the love of their team but towards the hatred of another (e.g. the 9ers)

B) believe that a rivalry between sports teams is actually a battle between good and evil, and express this through a belief in the moral inferiority of their rival teams' a) players, b) fans or c) coaches/FO.

C) Make up hyperbolic arguments for their rivals' fans and go on rants about their *character* and them as people rather than having level-headed discussions about football.

D) Have convinced themselves that it's their team and its fans against the world, and that there are conspiracies and slights and disrespect hiding behind every corner.

D) Type in big, bold, colored text.

To be clear, every fanbase has a lunatic fringe.

Hope this helps. :th2thumbs:

Absolutely.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^

TBF, the only place I'd quibble with what I said is with the use of the word "fringe." In reality I think it's more a lunatic "segment" than "fringe", as fringe implies a very small group, and that ain't just true.

If anything I think the people who try to keep some distance between their opinions and their emotions when it comes to fandom (which is nothing if not emotional and irrational :) ) are the fringe.

Basically, a small minority of fans try to divorce their fandom from their rational opinions (which is strange; I do this, although I don't really know why), the majority of fans accept themselves as fans with an emotional investment in things, and the remaining 20-40% are so deep in their own fandom that to others they come off like lunatics for doing and believing all the things I outlined above.

Point being though that doing that stuff is probably more *normal* than trying to divorce fandom from one's fandom. :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":7n5hs12o said:
^^^^

TBF, the only place I'd quibble with what I said is with the use of the word "fringe." In reality I think it's more a lunatic "segment" than "fringe", as fringe implies a very small group, and that ain't just true.

If anything I think the people who try to keep some distance between their opinions and their emotions when it comes to fandom (which is nothing if not emotional and irrational :) ) are the fringe.

Basically, a small minority of fans try to divorce their fandom from their rational opinions (which is strange; I do this, although I don't really know why), the majority of fans accept themselves as fans with an emotional investment in things, and the remaining 20-40% are so deep in their own fandom that to others they come off like lunatics for doing and believing all the things I outlined above.

Point being though that doing that stuff is probably more *normal* than trying to divorce fandom from one's fandom. :lol:

Yes, but the song is called Lunatic Fringe. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK-nVzp5NbE

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":38wn12qa said:
Popeyejones":38wn12qa said:
^^^^

I don't know Marvin, the Webzone is pretty harsh. They seemed to be overjoyed at the prospect of Sherman's injury and attack anybody who says anything positive about ANY other team. I am not going to call them names and I fully agree with Popeye that there are regular Seahawk fans there but they take a lot of crap and have to be quite civil but the conversation doesn't have to be reciprocated on the 49er fans end. I think most of us enjoy banter with other teams and there are many fans on that website that are the same but it sure feels like they are the minority....

BUT

You do have a lot of members.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1mvv2wr0 said:
I don't know Marvin, the Webzone is pretty harsh. They seemed to be overjoyed at the prospect of Sherman's injury and attack anybody who says anything positive about ANY other team. I am not going to call them names and I fully agree with Popeye that there are regular Seahawk fans there but they take a lot of crap and have to be quite civil but the conversation doesn't have to be reciprocated on the 49er fans end. I think most of us enjoy banter with other teams and there are many fans on that website that are the same but it sure feels like they are the minority....

BUT

...and MANY people there say the EXACT SAME THING about .net, and ignore all the things that happen on .net that don't confirm that impression.

If anything I think we're better off letting the lunatics fight with the lunatics, and just ignoring all of it. I work to ignore the lunatics here (if not always successfully) just as I ignore the lunatics there.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":13g4ikvi said:
Marvin49":13g4ikvi said:
Popeyejones":13g4ikvi said:
^^^^

BUT

That's exactly what I was about to say.

Webzone is a much larger site in terms of membership....so there are more "Lunatic Fringe" type posters and because of that they can rule the conversation at times.

There are very good posters there as well. I know there are guys here that other Seahawks fans can't stand and they essentially just wade through the BS and ignore the guys they don't want to hear from to get to the guys they do.

Same deal on the 'zone or any other fan site...just worse on sites where you have a larger fanbase.

I also know all about being civil and not getting civility in return.

I get attacked here at times for posting differently there than I do here and I freely admit that. One guy PMed me to inform me I was a fraud. LOL. There are things I think that I simply can't say here because it would do nothing but create an argument that I'm not really interested in having. That's simply about knowing where you are.

For example, I can't say what I really think of Richard Sherman here because it would just start a big argument over if I would take him on my team, the meaning of class, I'd see everything every Niner player ever did wrong all over the place, etc, etc. Its a non-starter...and I know that so choose not even to bring it up (except in this example obviously).

Anytime you post (and I've posted on a number of team sites) you always have to be mindful of where you are. It doesn't mean that I don't believe what I say here because I do. I wouldn't say it otherwise...but there is a difference in what I WON'T say here or on other sites that I might be more free to say on the 'zone.

Does that make sense?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":qgoo2nbw said:
seahawk12thman":qgoo2nbw said:

BUT

...and MANY people there say the EXACT SAME THING about .net, and ignore all the things that happen on .net that don't confirm that impression.

If anything I think we're better off letting the lunatics fight with the lunatics, and just ignoring all of it. I work to ignore the lunatics here (if not always successfully) just as I ignore the lunatics there.

ya...and I'll say on the 'zone I am far less often attacked directly by those posters (obviously since we are fans of the same team) so far less often react...tho at times I do when it's too much even for me.

I'm a fairly even keel guy and not given to buy into hyperbole either good or bad....and I get crap for that on all sites.

Latest posts