Niner fans have no right complaining about calls

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Refs will let all the coaches get away with levels of whining, complaining, and profanity that would get any player flagged and maybe fined.

What they will flag a coach for is leaving the sideline and entering the field of play. They will usually give him 5 yards or so of buffer.

I am shocked that Harbaugh hasn't been flagged for this

On more than one occasion I have seen him go 15 + yards off of the sideline to yell at the ref

-bsd

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
It was a bs call, I'll admit, we've been on the otherside of bad calls, but it didn't really matter. The defense wasn't letting Kaepernick and their 3rd string running back score.

lucky49

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1y4efz0r said:
Refs will let all the coaches get away with levels of whining, complaining, and profanity that would get any player flagged and maybe fined.

What they will flag a coach for is leaving the sideline and entering the field of play. They will usually give him 5 yards or so of buffer.

I am shocked that Harbaugh hasn't been flagged for this

On more than one occasion I have seen him go 15 + yards off of the sideline to yell at the ref

-bsd

he got flagged for that last year in the playoffs vs the panthers

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
It's about time that Wilson got a call, even though it was a bad call, but how many times has he been hit well after a pass and haven't receive any calls his way. We would of still won even if we went with nothing but field goals afterwards, our defense was incredible again.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
It was a crap call, no doubt about it. I can see why the flag was thrown, because live, I thought the defender lead with the helmet. On replay, it was pretty obvious it was a bad call, and should have been picked up.

One bad call a game, though? Hell, that's below average. And it didn't affect the outcome of the game at all.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
my cali friends are bitching about that call.

I asked them what that call had to do with 67 total yards of offense for the niners in the second half?

case closed. They weren't going to win with or without that call.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":2220ogwp said:
RichNhansom":2220ogwp said:
I could care less if they don't like the officiating. I didn't like our last game were we were called for 14 penalties while they were called for 3. They had gained more yards from our penalties than their own passes.

Last year the only reason we didn't sweep them was because a blatantly wrong call the officials deliberately changed what the call was simply so we couldn't challenge it and that bogus call prevented a Crabtree fumble recovered by us from being reviewed and giving us the ball. They scored 3 on that drive and only won by 2 and we had one less possession. If they get that call right we bet them in candlestick and sweep them last year.

I disagreed with the roughing the passer call, but the network guys made wAAAAy too big of a deal out of it. To hear them tell it, you would have thought that the entire game hinged on that one call. Although it's impossible to tell for sure, I got the sense that a 6 point lead would have stood up just as well as 10 points did.

I'd also remind Niner fans that they got away with a clear PI in the first half that cost us at least 3 points.

Exactly, not to mention the bogus non existant holding call on a good block by Britt that resulted in about a 50 yd change in field position and that would have set us up with a first down at their 10 yd line.

Do I think it was a bad call yes, but we have gotten calls on those type of hits as well. The refs have clearly been told to error on the side of safety protecting QB's and WR's. It is hard to tell at full game speed whether these hits are legal or not so they just call them. I am guessing the ref that called it was behind the QB and could not possibly have seen whether it was the crown (a penalty) or face up.

As has been pointed out, I do not believe this had any bearing on the ultimate outcome of the game and should be considered a wash w/ other screw ups this game. The fact that clearly SF homer announcers Troy and Buck droned on about it all rest of game is rediculous at best and unprofessional at worst.

endzorn

Reaction score
I think Harbaugh commits far too many fashion fouls. White shoes after Labor Day? Are you serious? That's worth 15 yards alone.

Seafan

Reaction score
The refs have been nailing us this season so they still owe us more of these. Take them when you can get them.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I have never seen a Niner fan publicly apologize for their undeserved 1998 win against the Indianapolis Colts, not to mention the ridiculous roughing the passer that they were gifted in 2001 against the New Orleans Saints that enabled a win when the game was otherwise over, so I agree that they shouldn't complain.

And that's not even getting into their ridiculous final play against the Giants in the wildcard game at the end of the '02-'03 season!

Needless to say they've gotten their key share of gifts over the years.

lucky49

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2s9weztm said:
I have never seen a Niner fan publicly apologize for their undeserved 1998 win against the Indianapolis Colts, not to mention the ridiculous roughing the passer that they were gifted in 2001 against the New Orleans Saints that enabled a win when the game was otherwise over, so I agree that they shouldn't complain.

And that's not even getting into their ridiculous final play against the Giants in the wildcard game at the end of the '02-'03 season!

2012_Packers_Seahawks_Final_Play.png

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
lucky49":2gsyc5g9 said:
MidwestHawker":2gsyc5g9 said:

Ohhh...that was cruel!! I'm thinkin' that the devil made you do that!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
lucky49":xtxvj6cj said:
MidwestHawker":xtxvj6cj said:

Unclear how a picture of a beautiful Golden Tate game winning TD catch is relevant here.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I disagree. No, the 49ers are not awarded an extra 30-45 yards per game. What a silly argument.

Chip did whatever he wanted last week, Pete chased that ref down the sideline on the easy no-pi call on Willson.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
lucky49":s7kyuzdi said:
MidwestHawker":s7kyuzdi said:

Yep, great photo showing that M.D. Jennings STILL doesn't have possession with two feet on the ground.

TAB420

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3m5rwshh said:
It was a crap call, no doubt about it. I can see why the flag was thrown, because live, I thought the defender lead with the helmet. On replay, it was pretty obvious it was a bad call, and should have been picked up.

One bad call a game, though? Hell, that's below average. And it didn't affect the outcome of the game at all.

I've replayed this video 20 times, and it still looks like he led with his helmet.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
lucky49":1gy33acy said:
MidwestHawker":1gy33acy said:

What does this have to do with anything? I'm not one of the types who shamelessly gripes when the Seahawks get jerked around by bad calls, except in the most extreme circumstances (1998 vs. Jets, 2003 vs. Ravens, Super Bowl XL vs. Steelers); I think that the deepest core parts of a person's character are directly correlated to how willing they are to blame officials as the primary reason that their team lost. It should be REALLY rare that a person does that, and in almost 25 years as a fan I honestly put fewer than five losses on officiating as the primary reason for the loss.

With that said, the examples that I named (that have nothing to do with the Seahawks) of the Niners unfairly winning games are very real.

253hawk

Reaction score
It might be a lame penalty, but it's still a penalty and was called correctly within the letter of the rule.

RULE 12, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 9(c)(1)
(c) In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area (see also the other unnecessary roughness rules covering these subjects). A defensive player must not use his helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture—for example, (1) forcibly hitting the passer’s head or neck area with the helmet or facemask, *even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the passer’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the passer by encircling or grasping him** ; or (2) lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/hairline parts of the helmet against any part of the passer’s body. This rule does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or non-crown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on a passer.*

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
endzorn":24nb9p5i said:
I think Harbaugh commits far too many fashion fouls. White shoes after Labor Day? Are you serious? That's worth 15 yards alone.
< doing my best Johnny impersonation from the movie airplane >
And those tan khakis and that pen hanging around his neck......gawwwwddddd < rolls eyes >