Niner fans here: How's the crowd at the new stadium?

Chawks1

Reaction score
Marvin49":z2lc1znf said:
Largent80":z2lc1znf said:
lucky49":z2lc1znf said:
i was at the game and the crowd was pretty good. in YOUR face

This is the definition of IN YOUR FACE...

H98dhnF

Gotta be honest on that one.

That really pissed me off...but not at the Seahawks. It seemed to me that RW wasn't really even that comfortable with it and when asked directly about it kinda sidestepped the question. Even when Sherman said a few words...he could have taken it much further than he did (and I've never made my distaste for the guy a secret), but he didn't.

It seemed much more like an organized burn by the Network...and THAT's what pissed me off about it.

The Seahawks earned their win, but a preset insult like eating turkey on the logo? Seriously?

Not that I didn't enjoy it a little bit. But I'm sure this will be motivation for them in a couple weeks for the rematch. This will be all the bulletin board material they will need. I was surprised the 49er organization signed off on this. They could have said no.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Chawks1":22hdqqet said:
Marvin49":22hdqqet said:
Largent80":22hdqqet said:
lucky49":22hdqqet said:
i was at the game and the crowd was pretty good. in YOUR face

This is the definition of IN YOUR FACE...

H98dhnF

Gotta be honest on that one.

That really pissed me off...but not at the Seahawks. It seemed to me that RW wasn't really even that comfortable with it and when asked directly about it kinda sidestepped the question. Even when Sherman said a few words...he could have taken it much further than he did (and I've never made my distaste for the guy a secret), but he didn't.

It seemed much more like an organized burn by the Network...and THAT's what pissed me off about it.

The Seahawks earned their win, but a preset insult like eating turkey on the logo? Seriously?

Not that I didn't enjoy it a little bit. But I'm sure this will be motivation for them in a couple weeks for the rematch. This will be all the bulletin board material they will need. I was surprised the 49er organization signed off on this. They could have said no.

...and I probably would have too had the roles been reversed.

I've just never seen a Network do something like that. IMHO, not cool. Again tho, not on the Seahawks. They rightfully won the game and to the victor go the spoils...just think it was pretty un-classy by the network.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":20bwwl00 said:

Yeah not well thought out on NBC's part.

I half expected a couple Niner players to come out and knock the table over. Should have been done on the sidelines, not on the logo.

Largent80

Reaction score
I love seeing that photo quoted so many times.

Right over that logo. Ahhhhhh...BEST Thanksgiving E V E R !!!!!!!!!!

This one is equally as good. If a friggin post on an internet forum makes me unclassy, I can live with that. Some people are insecure sensitive pussies.

AaCOIAQ

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Largent80":1rot17oj said:

This one is equally as good. If a friggin post on an internet forum makes me unclassy, I can live with that. Some people are insecure sensitive pussies.

AaCOIAQ

heh...that's a pretty good one.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1grga4p0 said:
Marvin49":1grga4p0 said:

Yeah not well thought out on NBC's part.

I half expected a couple Niner players to come out and knock the table over. Should have been done on the sidelines, not on the logo.
I didn't care for it myself..I thought it was funny in a way but rubbing it in by NBC..You can bet one day there will be a game in the Clink where we get beat and they will put some Niners on our logo eating whatever and say "how does it feel to revenge that past incident"?That they the network created...That T.O thing was his own D ass for himself ..I wasn't pissed at the SF team for that...

HansGruber

Reaction score
Largent80":1ciy011j said:

AaCOIAQ

You have a fantastic avatar, sir.

lucky49

Reaction score
i was trying to be sarcastic about the crowd and everyone is like NO THE CROWD SUCKED AND WE WON

lighten up

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The side of me that hates the 49ers and has been to games at the stick makes me not mind the turkey thing.

But the football fan in me isn't sure it was the best network move, and even Marvin pointed out that Wilson and Sherman both seemed hesitant to embrace the situation. I dunno. It felt a little unnecessary? But of course the hawk nut/niner hater in me didn't really mind. It was just kinda like 'whoaaa - if that was our stadium and it was kaep and crabtree sitting there i'd be super pissed!'

One thing I noticed about going to a niners game in SF in the old digs was that there were a lot of quieter dudes with really mouthy venomous girlfriends. Like some dudes would give the thumbs down or something passive, but the girlfriends were super bitchy and belligerent.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Marvin49":22wdsmig said:
CodeWarrior":22wdsmig said:
Marvin49":22wdsmig said:
Not tryin ta get involved on this one...

...but why do Seahawk fans use Santa Clara as if we are somehow going to be insulted by the location of the stadium? Is saying Arlington Cowboys or Foxboro Patriots an insult?

I mean, feel free...no skin off my nose, just wondering why you think it's some sort of insult.
I don't think it's an insult.
No worries. I've just seen a number of Seattle fans start doing that for some reason. Its not like they moved into the boondocks or something. They moved right next to San Jose which is the largest city by size and population in the Bay Area.
I think it's a thing because of the big deal the team made about continuing to be the San Francisco digits.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Yum yum, come get some of this San Francisco turkey! Sherman just taking a big old bite all over that weak logo. Oh yeah!

That moment was legendary. That's what establishes real rivalries, real hate. Maybe it'll inject some passion in that lifeless fan base.

To be honest, that team really lost something moving out of the Stick. I've never seen the crowd that thin in the third quarter before. The last 4-5 seasons have been brutal, the Stick was sold out and got loud. People cared. Even though 2 years ago, most of the fans were actually out on the concourse watching the Giants playoff game. But they were still there and being loud.

Seeing that new stadium so empty was just shocking and took some of the joy out of it. It's like beating the raiders. You can't help but feel a bit sorry for the real fans who are still showing up and staying for the game.

The niners are making it too easy to talk smack. Maybe being pimp slapped and trash talked by a turkey munching Sherman on their logo wakes up that pathetic fan base or something.

I'll admit it was so beautiful to hear Jerry rice crying about it. Literally brought me some peace and made me belly laugh. That's karma baby. I hope Sherman trash talks that punk next season after we underline the ownage. Maybe while wearing a Largent jersey. Just ask him why he'd do a whole fanbase like that. We never liked you Jerry, you washed up has-been still living in the eighties.

Marvin49

Reaction score
BlueTalon":33is8fx1 said:
Marvin49":33is8fx1 said:
CodeWarrior":33is8fx1 said:
Marvin49":33is8fx1 said:

...but why do Seahawk fans use Santa Clara as if we are somehow going to be insulted by the location of the stadium? Is saying Arlington Cowboys or Foxboro Patriots an insult?

I mean, feel free...no skin off my nose, just wondering why you think it's some sort of insult.
No worries. I've just seen a number of Seattle fans start doing that for some reason. Its not like they moved into the boondocks or something. They moved right next to San Jose which is the largest city by size and population in the Bay Area.
I think it's a thing because of the big deal the team made about continuing to be the San Francisco digits.

So? Giants and Jets play in a different STATE. Cowboys play in Arlington (and Irving before that). Pats play in Foxboro.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BlueTalon":12ixxlt5 said:
Marvin49":12ixxlt5 said:
CodeWarrior":12ixxlt5 said:
Marvin49":12ixxlt5 said:

It's an insult because Santa Clara is an inferior city to SF, therefore funny.............and the longer the Niners struggle in their new Billion dollar stadium, the funnier it gets.

It's be like if the Hawks played in Renton or Tukwila, calling them the Tukwila Seahawks would be derogatory.

Largent80

Reaction score
Was Candledump in SF proper?.....It took us over 20 minutes to get there from downtown in 2009 when we went.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2orzba9p said:
Was Candledump in SF proper?.....It took us over 20 minutes to get there from downtown in 2009 when we went.

Technically, yes. The surrounding area, Bayview, is a neighborhood of San Francisco.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The whiner crowd was more ornery when they had to sit in the stench of urine for the game. I'm sure it will smell like home soon enough.