Niner fans here: How's the crowd at the new stadium?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
seahawksgirl411":3t8u6oq0 said:
HansGruber":3t8u6oq0 said:
I go to the Seahawks game every year in San Fran, and have since we joined the NFCW. It's easy because I'm always down there anyway, and you can get tickets pretty easily.

The Bay area just has too many pro teams, I think. It's been 20 years since the 49ers were relevant and winning, but you have the Giants winning the World Series so that's all anyone cares about. Yeah, there are some football fans, but they just don't have the energy you find in a lot of places where there is one football team and the fans are crazy about it.

It's definitely not one of the "marquee" cities for football fans. I've been to many stadiums. Cleveland, Buffalo and Detroit put San Francisco to shame. If the 49ers are a "marquee" team, then their fans are the pee-wee little leaguers of the NFL because the environment in SF/SC is BORING. Falcons and Saints fans? On another level. You go to a 49ers game and it's like attending a Mariners game. Nobody really cares all that much. If that's what being a "glamour" team means, I'm pretty stoked we're not one.

Hi all - my husband and I are headed to SF tomorrow for the game - just curious how many Hawks fans will be there with us?? I've never gone to an out of state game, so I wasn't sure how outnumbered we'll be (or maybe we'll luck out and have a section full of Hawks fans!) 8) we'll be in section 134. GO HAWKS!

Please tell us after what your experience was like, it would be nice to hear from a Hawk fan that's actually been to a game there. If you get the chance check out the rest of the stadium would also like to hear your prospective about the layout, etc.

Enjoy the game even if you lose.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3ijjchpo said:
CodeWarrior":3ijjchpo said:
Santa Clara fans are, on average, the worst in the NFL. I generally welcome fans from our other division rivals as they usually don't have their head inserted in to their anal cavity. Santa Clara fans on the other hand... well, this thread is evidence. I wouldn't mind much if they were clever at least, but alas, that's obviously not the case.

Like your some kind of Rhodes Scholar.

A Rhodes Scholar I am not, but I'm otherwise comfortable with my credentials.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Marvin49":1mcfxnzp said:
Not tryin ta get involved on this one...

...but why do Seahawk fans use Santa Clara as if we are somehow going to be insulted by the location of the stadium? Is saying Arlington Cowboys or Foxboro Patriots an insult?

I mean, feel free...no skin off my nose, just wondering why you think it's some sort of insult.

I don't think it's an insult.

Marvin49

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2sslla7r said:
seahawksgirl411":2sslla7r said:
HansGruber":2sslla7r said:
I go to the Seahawks game every year in San Fran, and have since we joined the NFCW. It's easy because I'm always down there anyway, and you can get tickets pretty easily.

The Bay area just has too many pro teams, I think. It's been 20 years since the 49ers were relevant and winning, but you have the Giants winning the World Series so that's all anyone cares about. Yeah, there are some football fans, but they just don't have the energy you find in a lot of places where there is one football team and the fans are crazy about it.

It's definitely not one of the "marquee" cities for football fans. I've been to many stadiums. Cleveland, Buffalo and Detroit put San Francisco to shame. If the 49ers are a "marquee" team, then their fans are the pee-wee little leaguers of the NFL because the environment in SF/SC is BORING. Falcons and Saints fans? On another level. You go to a 49ers game and it's like attending a Mariners game. Nobody really cares all that much. If that's what being a "glamour" team means, I'm pretty stoked we're not one.

Hi all - my husband and I are headed to SF tomorrow for the game - just curious how many Hawks fans will be there with us?? I've never gone to an out of state game, so I wasn't sure how outnumbered we'll be (or maybe we'll luck out and have a section full of Hawks fans!) 8) we'll be in section 134. GO HAWKS!

Please tell us after what your experience was like, it would be nice to hear from a Hawk fan that's actually been to a game there. If you get the chance check out the rest of the stadium would also like to hear your prospective about the layout, etc.

Enjoy the game even if you lose.

Ya...me too.

One thing tho...

You will be on the Suite Tower side of the stadium, so many of the amenities will probably be in the Plaza near you and the other side of the stadium. You may not have access to everything behind you. I've never been on the 100 section on that side though so not completely sure.

In the 200 section there kinda a little alcove with food and bathrooms and everything, not sure if its the same down below.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2wke1okm said:
Marvin49":2wke1okm said:
Not tryin ta get involved on this one...

...but why do Seahawk fans use Santa Clara as if we are somehow going to be insulted by the location of the stadium? Is saying Arlington Cowboys or Foxboro Patriots an insult?

I mean, feel free...no skin off my nose, just wondering why you think it's some sort of insult.

I don't think it's an insult.

No worries. I've just seen a number of Seattle fans start doing that for some reason. Its not like they moved into the boondocks or something. They moved right next to San Jose which is the largest city by size and population in the Bay Area.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1sji0drb said:
lvnginhwktwn":1sji0drb said:
CodeWarrior":1sji0drb said:
Santa Clara fans are, on average, the worst in the NFL. I generally welcome fans from our other division rivals as they usually don't have their head inserted in to their anal cavity. Santa Clara fans on the other hand... well, this thread is evidence. I wouldn't mind much if they were clever at least, but alas, that's obviously not the case.

Like your some kind of Rhodes Scholar.

A Rhodes Scholar I am not, but I'm otherwise comfortable with my credentials.

Well football fans come from all walks of life, that includes all fans of every team. Maybe you should stick to the rivalry side of things and not get so personal, and stop generalizing. Your holier-than-thou attitude just makes you look like a D'bag.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3eusuml3 said:
Well football fans come from all walks of life, that includes all fans of every team. Maybe you should stick to the rivalry side of things and not get so personal, and stop generalizing. Your holier-than-thou attitude just makes you look like a D'bag.

Oh yes, you're right! I should absolutely give Kap4President's post the inherent respect it deserves! When you open with, "You are a very nice and sensible guy sir among a throng of kool aid drinkin', idiot homers," you're certainly going to be making friends quickly. Especially when you're posting on an opposing team's message board!

If I went and posted something similar on a Santa Clara board I'm sure I'd be welcomed with roses and chocolate.

You should try snapping back to reality occasionally.

I will apologize for one thing, and that is to byau for partially commandeering his well-intentioned thread. This will be my last post here, as I don't want to detract anymore than I already have.

Ok, back to it.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":383zirhu said:
lvnginhwktwn":383zirhu said:

Oh yes, you're right! I should absolutely give Kap4President's post the inherent respect it deserves! When you open with, "You are a very nice and sensible guy sir among a throng of kool aid drinkin', idiot homers," you're certainly going to be making friends quickly. Especially when you're posting on an opposing team's message board!

If I went and posted something similar on a Santa Clara board I'm sure I'd be welcomed with roses and chocolate.

You should try snapping back to reality occasionally.

I will apologize for one thing, and that is to byau for partially commandeering his well-intentioned thread. This will be my last post here, as I don't want to detract anymore than I already have.

Ok, back to it.

Talk to him directly, stop lumping us all in with him. We are not all the same, just as I'm sure your not the same as every other Hawk fan.

Though you're not a Rhodes Scholar I'm sure you're educated enough to know what I meant in previous post. If you don't like what the guy has to say you could put him on ignore, problem solved.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
it is not fair to talk about tix on sale on stubhub as to fan support...

what is telling is when i noticed some for sale at facevalue via ticketbaaster yesterday...that is telling. or they just price them WAY WAY to high. which might explain the crowd.

leafs tickets here in YYZ are WAY to expensive and so the real fans sit up high and barely get things going for all those rich buggers below...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":3813sjp6 said:

what is telling is when i noticed some for sale at facevalue via ticketbaaster yesterday...that is telling. or they just price them WAY WAY to high. which might explain the crowd.

leafs tickets here in YYZ are WAY to expensive and so the real fans sit up high and barely get things going for all those rich buggers below...

Actually, no, it is reasonable to talk about tickets for sale on StubHub at 28 hours before kickoff as an idea of fan support.

Right now they have over 4,000 tickets for sale. As an aside, StubHub removes all listings that don't have uploaded tickets at 3 days before the game. That number obviously is only for StubHub and doesn't include people who sell via RazorGator or NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster or Craigslist and so forth.

It is a sign of an unmotivated fan base that 10% of the seating capacity of the building is available on the secondary market, at what seem to be bargain prices, for a prime time game against a major rival.

Marvin49

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":3p4cxxrf said:

Price has dropped like a rock.

Not sure if it's because its on Thanksgiving or if its because both teams are 7-4 or if its because they are both in danger of missing playoffs.

I sold my tix before the season started (I'll be out of town) for 3x what they are selling for in my section today.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
byau":2s8eg1rq said:
Hey Niners fans here

Per this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101710

I'm just curious to here your thoughts of what you've seen now at the 49ers games this year?

The 49ers are still the team I am most scared of this season, I think both 49ers and Seahawks have the best potential of all teams in the NFC (and it's a shame both teams seem to have gotten to a slower start and hampered by injuries) and 49ers seem to have the Seahawks number when it comes to when they host the Seahawks.

So curious how you feel about the new stadium and the buzz about hosting the Seahawks? Big time game this past Sunday you guys squeaked out the win and AZ on a possible downtick
Lol we don't have a home field advantage if that's what you're wondering.

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":fsc0tql1 said:
byau":fsc0tql1 said:
Hey Niners fans here

Per this thread

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101710

I'm just curious to here your thoughts of what you've seen now at the 49ers games this year?

The 49ers are still the team I am most scared of this season, I think both 49ers and Seahawks have the best potential of all teams in the NFC (and it's a shame both teams seem to have gotten to a slower start and hampered by injuries) and 49ers seem to have the Seahawks number when it comes to when they host the Seahawks.

So curious how you feel about the new stadium and the buzz about hosting the Seahawks? Big time game this past Sunday you guys squeaked out the win and AZ on a possible downtick

Sure we do....its the elimination of the other teams HFA. :D

New stadium, new Season Tix Holders....it'll get there.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dmy8hjy said:
5_Golden_Rings":2dmy8hjy said:
byau":2dmy8hjy said:
Hey Niners fans here

Per this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101710

Don't smile at me I'm not your friend right now :mad:. You sold your ticket to SEAHAWK FANS.

Hehe just kidding I don't blame you for putting your family before the 49ers. Not something I would have done, but I can understand it.

:0190l:

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":378csqik said:
Marvin49":378csqik said:
5_Golden_Rings":378csqik said:
byau":378csqik said:
Hey Niners fans here

Per this thread

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101710

Don't smile at me I'm not your friend right now :mad:. You sold your ticket to SEAHAWK FANS.

Hehe just kidding I don't blame you for putting your family before the 49ers. Not something I would have done, but I can understand it.

:0190l:

LOL.

No idea if they were Seahawks fans or not....

....but those 2 seats to one game will pay for one of my seats for the ENTIRE SEASON next year.

seahawksgirl411

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, guys - I will definitely let you know what kind of experience we have at the game! My husband's coworker, who gave us his tickets (49ers fan :lol: ), said that the people around his seats are "older" demographic-wise, so I'm hoping for less drunken idiots & more fans who are interested in actually watching the game (and not heckling us because of our Hawks jerseys). I think I'll pack a hoodie for when we win & need to slip out of the stadium without any drama :thfight7: ;)

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
seahawksgirl411":ggp8mq7f said:
Thanks for the feedback, guys - I will definitely let you know what kind of experience we have at the game! My husband's coworker, who gave us his tickets (49ers fan :lol: ), said that the people around his seats are "older" demographic-wise, so I'm hoping for less drunken idiots & more fans who are interested in actually watching the game (and not heckling us because of our Hawks jerseys). I think I'll pack a hoodie for when we win & need to slip out of the stadium without any drama :thfight7: ;)

Not that you'll need it but make it a red hoody and you'll be good. LOL

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1ms9ghg9 said:
I will apologize for one thing, and that is to byau for partially commandeering his well-intentioned thread.

Thanks, not a problem. Nature of forums really where everyone has a right to say whatever they want within the forum guidelines.

I got my question answered for the most part and heck seems like if it wasn't this thread it'd be another thread during rivalry week

Correction: it does seem to be all the other threads :)

This will be my last post here, as I don't want to detract anymore than I already have.

Ok, back to it.

Was this intentional humor? Hope it's okay I found it amusing. "This is my last post." followed by "Ok, back to it"

Anyhow, appreciate the apology. Not a problem. GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":134ji52v said:

Hehe just kidding

You got me going there... :)

Marvin49":134ji52v said:
LOL.

No idea if they were Seahawks fans or not....

....but those 2 seats to one game will pay for one of my seats for the ENTIRE SEASON next year.

"Sacrifice" one game so you can cheer the entire season next year. Not a bad choice.