Niners whine about officiating

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":x8seeigp said:
Marvin49":x8seeigp said:
Uncle Si":x8seeigp said:
Marvin49":x8seeigp said:
I think its way to bang, bang to make that call. I just don't think we will ever agree on it.

Look...its a tight call. Not saying different. But its easy to see it as a penalty. The idea the call was "bad" and screwed the 9ers just comes off as whining.

If it wasn't called I'm sure Cards fans would disagree

Honestly not really whining. Cards won that game. While I think that and others were bad calls, there were plenty that were rightfully earned and AT LEAST one that was earned and NOT called.

On another Stanton run he was hit helmet to helmet by Jimmie Ward...and it wasn't called. I mean BAD helmet to helmet. Hands down, leading with his head. No idea why it didn't get called.

Point being, don't get the impression I'm saying "they only lost because they got screwed by the refs". Niners deserved to lose. They shot themselves in the foot AND Stanton played well....while standing all alone in the pocket for way, way too long. Sigh.

Remember when I said "Gratz on the NFC West" after Aldon got suspended for 9 games?

Sometimes it sucks to be right. They got Justin right now and that's about it.

A little sad to hear that you've given up on your team, Marv. You're usually Mr. Glass Half-Full. The talent is there on offense to carry that defense for a few games.

psst... I don't really believe that you have. After a decent win, you'll all come out of your funk. ;)

Nah...I'm not there now. They need to get their stuff in order quick tho.

No...I meant I posted something to that effect the day the 9 game suspension was announced I knew pass rush was going to be an issue because it was an issue when Aldon was out LAST year.

He only started 7 games last year yet was STILL the teams leading sacker with 8.5. Not having him is HUGE.

Best way I can explain this....

....take the best unit on your team (we'll say the LOB) and remove 2 of the best ones (say..Sherman and Kam). You still have ET playing his a$$ off so ALL is not lost...but you certainly aren't the same team.

That's what it's like right now with Aldon and Navorro out. Pats in there doing his best...but he can't do everything.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2wwlqvra said:
These were just the same old homer calls.

I don't understand the angst of 49er fans on this or why they are so bent... we get these called on the Seahawks all the freaking time... 15 yards this, 15 yards that... and yea, they have cost us games - non calls cost games too.

It's the way it is. That last Denver game was atrocious on Mannings "Big Comeback" --- was a bunch of manufactured nonsense. I even said before the drive that the O line of Denver was going to be able to do anything they wanted to the Seattle D line, and that was exactly as it went down. Egregious, over the top, holding -- by pads, by arms, by facemasks... they were determined that no matter what, Manning was going to get time in the pocket. That's why they were able to pull off those long developing routes that are normally impossible against the Hawks D.

The NFL is turning into the NBA, fake drama... they make bad calls on purpose to keep games close, but it doesn't always work when you have a terrible mismatch (hence the last Superbowl).

The big thing is that your coach and players need to toe the line and be PC about it. Like Russell Wilson, he gets it "The NFL needed this!" Exactly. So you play their stupid game and pretend that everything is ok.

But that is ALL of life, especially in this society - this modern society is a house of cards based on "nothing", it's all a giant fraud, a bubble of falsities and hypocrisy, and if you try to fight it you will get buried so you just have to put on your lying face and play along.

uh...because at present they are averaging 12 ACCEPTED penalties per game...far and away the highest in the NFL. Some totally bogus and some well deserved.

Can't win that way.

As Popeye said before tho...its not just the number its the TIMING. NINE times (if I recall correctly) a penalty has extended a drive on 3rd down. On some drives, its happened twice.

On offense, personal fouls from 1st and goal on the 6.

CRIPLING calls. Brutal. Some deserved. Some not.

Its just been an odd year so far.

Marvin49

Reaction score
homerun1970":244pda6z said:
Marvin do they have a timetable on Bowman's return saw he was sprinting?

As you said he's resumed sprinting. They don't usually say much about injuries so not sure how far he's come since then. The only reason we even know that is that he tweeted it. Team doesn't say anything. I mean hell, until the season started I had no idea why Anthony Davis was out and we still don't know what's keeping Marcus Lattimore out of action.

They have said all along they weren't going to rush Bowman.

Best Guess? He's on the PUP so isn't available to come back till week 7. That's the Denver game and then they have a bye.

My guess is they will sit him that week vs Denver (would probably only play 1 ILB that game anyway), let him get ready through the bye and play him vs the Rams at home in week 9. Just a guess though.

Largent80

Reaction score
We all knew this year penalties would play an even larger harbinger than in the past, which is incredible since bad calls have been around as long as humans are making them.

Long way to go people, this will not be the end, however isn't it getting old for all of us?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Have the fines even been announced for week three? I looked and couldn't find anything.

By the way the NFL has a committee that handles the fines. Isn't that committee ran by Merton Hanks? An ex 49er? For his entire career wasn't it?

Hey Marvin if these roles were reversed and Steve Largent was the head of the fines committee, wouldn't you question the legitimacy of those fines?

Not sayin, just sayin.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1k1d64ca said:
Have the fines even been announced for week three? I looked and couldn't find anything.

By the way the NFL has a committee that handles the fines. Isn't that committee ran by Merton Hanks? An ex 49er? For his entire career wasn't it?

Hey Marvin if these roles were reversed and Steve Largent was the head of the fines committee, wouldn't you question the legitimacy of those fines?

Not sayin, just sayin.

Seriously? I'm just going to assume you're kidding. :D

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":amor7jjw said:
RichNhansom":amor7jjw said:

Not sayin, just sayin.

Hanks is probably still getting paid from his side contracts made in the 90s. [emoji47]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":1c7br4en said:
RichNhansom":1c7br4en said:

Not sayin, just sayin.

I assume he is.
Merton is Goodell's lap dog. Just like Vincent.

kearly

Reaction score
The slide rules only protect a player's head not his shoulder, so the hit by Skuta was legal and should not have been flagged in a perfect existence where officials never make mistakes.

That said, it sure as hell didn't look legal in real time with Stanton's head whipping back and bouncing off the ground. That kind of play is going to get flagged 100 times out of 100 in today's NFL with all the attention given to concussions. I won't blame Marvin for complaining about it, but those kind of calls are a fact of life these days, unfortunately.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":3i2r0ayz said:
The slide rules only protect a player's head not his shoulder, so the hit by Skuta was legal and should not have been flagged in a perfect existence where officials never make mistakes.

That said, it sure as hell didn't look legal in real time with Stanton's head whipping back and bouncing off the ground. That kind of play is going to get flagged 100 times out of 100 in today's NFL with all the attention given to concussions. I won't blame Marvin for complaining about it, but those kind of calls are a fact of life these days, unfortunately.

Honest question: What part of the rule am I misunderstanding? Says a player sliding feet first is to be considered down by contact and defensive players are required to pull up. Only exception to a flag being thrown is if the defender is committed before the slide is initiated.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":19hbpvi6 said:
Marvin49":19hbpvi6 said:
uh...because at present they are averaging 12 ACCEPTED penalties per game...far and away the highest in the NFL. Some totally bogus and some well deserved.

Can't win that way.

As Popeye said before tho...its not just the number its the TIMING. NINE times (if I recall correctly) a penalty has extended a drive on 3rd down. On some drives, its happened twice.

This is what all the 49er fans wanted. "Need to enforce these rules!" The front office, the fans, all of them wanted ticky tack rules, for the NFL to "clamp down".

That's all I freaking heard last year from 49er fans, coaches, brass, even the dang owner.

You guys ordered the happy meal... and we ALL are stuck eating this crap even though WE didn't want it, so the last thing I want to hear from a 49er right now is how much it tastes like poo.
Good point! :th2thumbs:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1gn9wo04 said:
Marvin49":1gn9wo04 said:

Can't win that way.

This is what all the 49er fans wanted. "Need to enforce these rules!" The front office, the fans, all of them wanted ticky tack rules, for the NFL to "clamp down".

That's all I freaking heard last year from 49er fans, coaches, brass, even the dang owner.

You guys ordered the happy meal... and we ALL are stuck eating this crap even though WE didn't want it, so the last thing I want to hear from a 49er right now is how much it tastes like poo.

Spot on.

What we might be seeing is these rules really showing who is actually pressing the line between foul and not. This calling it tightly is exposing the Niners for how they really play. But like Z said, they asked for it and now they got it.

Last years accusing and whining sounds alot more like the spoiled little sister complaining to mom because big bro is whipping her in games.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
The bad calls didn't just start this season, just a different kind of bad calls.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3mgzupcn said:

I always wondered about that hit on Willson....the guy who hit him in the head wouldn't have hit him in the head had Willson's body not been contorted by the other guy who hit him first....so really it's not the guy's fault that he wound up hitting his head. I don't think that should be a penalty, IMO, because there's no way for the defender to completely change how he's going to hit Willson.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":9gsb0qt4 said:
Marvin49":9gsb0qt4 said:

Can't win that way.

Oh please.

Don't put this all on Niner fans as if THEY are the ones responsible for rule changes. LOL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1rhl60mh said:
Marvin49":1rhl60mh said:
NFL seldom comes out and says "we screwed that up".
Gotta disagree with this, they do it a lot for officiating mistakes. Hell, I have one of them bookmarked from the year the Packers last won the Super Bowl, the NFL admitted there were TWO touchdown mistakes that were just enough to give Green Bay the win, and they'd have missed the playoffs without it, yet in the last wild card spot at 10-6 they managed to go all the way and win the Super Bowl...Yet shouldn't have even qualified.

Admitting officiating mistakes after the fact doesn't change anything obviously, but I've seen a lot of egregious stuff admitted by the NFL afterwards when it comes to officiating errors...Not sure what you're basing your opinion on this one on, Marvin.

They miss calls in EVERY game. Its the nature of the beast. They are human and they make mistakes.

They don't go back and admit mistakes on EVERY SINGLE CALL. Did you see the plays where Willis was called?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jed York has enough juice to change NFL rules? :lol: :lol:

If anything it was Pereira forwarding the theory in the national media that the Seahawks were intentionally breaking the rule because they knew it wouldn't be called over and over again. If there's a villain -- and there isn't -- that's your villain, man.

I also think it could be useful to create some sort of master list of everyone involved in the Great 49ers Conspiracy of 2011-Current.

The people involved just seem to keep on popping up willy nilly, and if we had a list we could go off, it would probably save everyone a lot of posting. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1sz9smb2 said:
Popeyejones":1sz9smb2 said:
Jed York has enough juice to change NFL rules? :lol: :lol:

If anything it was Pereira forwarding the theory in the national media that the Seahawks were intentionally breaking the rule because they knew it wouldn't be called over and over again. If there's a villain -- and there isn't -- that's your villain, man.

I also think it could be useful to create some sort of master list of everyone involved in the Great 49ers Conspiracy of 2011-Current.

The people involved just seem to keep on popping up willy nilly, and if we had a list we could go off, it would probably save everyone a lot of posting. :D

Oh stop it with your conspiracy theory BS. You are just trying to deflect by putting false spin on what I just said - so typical, lies and misdirection.

We live in media driven knee-jerk whinefest of overreaction. Which is exactly why the rules were changed.

There's no conspiracy involved, it was a concerted knee jerk reaction. Social media blows crap up - just like with everything else. This is what happened last year: One group started whining excessively, other people latched onto the whining, and after Peyton got exposed the whining reached epic proportions so the "competition committee" responded with appeasement.

And YOU guys are the ones that are paying the biggest price, which is why I am LAUGHING my ass off right now at all 49er fans and coaches.

If there is any "conspiracy" it's that the 49ers are being brutally punished by the NFL right now for starting this mess. :)

That's what your fans believe anyway... and there might be just a sliver of truth to it! ;)
Very true, but you'll never convince the 2 whiner troll spin doctors of this. Their team can do no wrong in their eyes from the front office to their current team full of criminals, from the past to the present it's always someone else's fault. From "fast Eddie" D who was guilty of bribing government officials and breaking other laws to Alldumb Smith's long string of arrests it's NEVER a 49'ers fault in their pathetic red and gold world.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3arcfixu said:
Marvin49":3arcfixu said:
Oh please.

Don't put this all on Niner fans as if THEY are the ones responsible for rule changes. LOL.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO!

You do NOT get away with this one. The 49ers coaches and front office spearheaded this rule change. They were talking about it before everyone else... Whiner fans were on every single NFL forum pointing out to other fans that our defense is only good because it "holds" and that became a mantra repeated everywhere. And Harbs going and talking to officials about it, the 49er front office sending tape to the league and having a hissy fit about what should be called, this all got it out there in the worst way. And then the Wall Street Journal writes a stupid article and the NFL's golden boy gets buried at the Superbowl and it was all over for an semblance of actually trying to play defense in the modern era of football.

Seriously, you are like a dog with it's nose covered in poop saying "Hey, I haven't been sniffin' sniff no butts!"

B.S.

Do you really think that the 49ers made such a stink that THEY are the ones that got the rules changed? And peeps say I'M delusional.

BTW:

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 3m
#49ers A. Boldin (head butt), J. Martin (clipping) and E. Reid (facemask) were fined $8,268 apiece. NFL confirms Willis, Skuta not fined.

Latest posts