Niners whine about officiating

ringless

Reaction score
Posted by Darren Urban.

Darren Urban @Cardschatter

Amazing. On Tommy Kelly's blocked FG, #AzCardinals only had nine men on the field. Got to Phil Dawson's attempt anyway. #SFvsAZ

We knew you guys would beat yourselves without the refs.... One of our best halftime adjustments was only fielding 9 players the rest of the game to keep a fresh rotation

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Marvin49":32qflikc said:
Its gotten to the point were big hits are flagged automatically...just because they are big hits.

I agree. We have seen this far too many times with our own Defense.

Chapow

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dngrgzo said:
Chapow":2dngrgzo said:
Marvin49":2dngrgzo said:
They are losing because they have zero pass rush and they are getting penalized at the worst possible times. Some of those penalties are total BS and some were rightly earned by poor decision making.

So that's why huh? And here I was sitting here thinking that maybe losing that Bears game might have had something to do with Kap tossing 3 picks and losing a fumble.

Don't be silly....of course that had a lot to do with. They were ALSO penalized SIXTEEN TIMES vs. the Bears and couldn't put a rush on Cutler.

They had the same pass rush and penalty issue in Dallas even though they won the game.

So they had the exact same issues with penalties and lack of pressure in the win and then the loss?

That sounds to me like the reason they lost the Bears game was due to Kaps turnovers in that case.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Chapow":1by0r2mk said:
Marvin49":1by0r2mk said:
Chapow":1by0r2mk said:
Marvin49":1by0r2mk said:
They are losing because they have zero pass rush and they are getting penalized at the worst possible times. Some of those penalties are total BS and some were rightly earned by poor decision making.

So that's why huh? And here I was sitting here thinking that maybe losing that Bears game might have had something to do with Kap tossing 3 picks and losing a fumble.

Don't be silly....of course that had a lot to do with. They were ALSO penalized SIXTEEN TIMES vs. the Bears and couldn't put a rush on Cutler.

They had the same pass rush and penalty issue in Dallas even though they won the game.

So they had the exact same issues with penalties and lack of pressure in the win and then the loss?

That sounds to me like the reason they lost the Bears game was due to Kaps turnovers in that case.

Are you simply TRYING to argue?

What I said wasn't complicated. I didn't even argue Kap wasn't a HUGE problem against the Bears. I'm speaking about the entire 3 game season. In every game they have had problems getting pressure and ALOT of penalties at really bad times.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2xc9jcex said:
hawknation2014":2xc9jcex said:
Don't be silly

9871eda4b177afec9ad0dce249c30070c34952716e7d639098

Right...show me ONE place where I said it was a conspiracy. I've said exactly the opposite.

Boldin is clearly arguing for some kind of conspiracy in refereeing against the 49ers:

"For me, it's been obvious the last two weeks: The amount of calls that have gone against us and the amount of calls that we've gotten hasn't been close," Boldin said Sunday after the 49ers' 23-14 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

Boldin called the disparity and timing of the calls "unbelievable," adding later "if you're going to call it, call it both ways."

And what is Marvin's response to this asinine display of whining and conspiracy theorizing . . .

Well, he's right

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2j1k5w31 said:
Marvin49":2j1k5w31 said:
hawknation2014":2j1k5w31 said:
Don't be silly

9871eda4b177afec9ad0dce249c30070c34952716e7d639098

Right...show me ONE place where I said it was a conspiracy. I've said exactly the opposite.

Boldin is clearly arguing for some kind of conspiracy in refereeing against the 49ers:

"For me, it's been obvious the last two weeks: The amount of calls that have gone against us and the amount of calls that we've gotten hasn't been close," Boldin said Sunday after the 49ers' 23-14 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

Boldin called the disparity and timing of the calls "unbelievable," adding later "if you're going to call it, call it both ways."

And what is Marvin's response to this asinine display of whining and conspiracy theorizing . . .

Well, he's right

1) Where'd I say it was a conspiracy? In fact, I said SPECIFICALLY that it WASN'T.
2) What did I say RIGHT AFTER I said he was right?

Nice cherry picking. Please argue the things I actually say.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":199yokiv said:
hawknation2014":199yokiv said:
hawknation2014":199yokiv said:

Well, he's right

1) Where'd I say it was a conspiracy? In fact, I said SPECIFICALLY that it WASN'T.

Where did I say that picture was in reference to you?

In fact, it was referring to the fool you're defending.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Well, the 2 roughing calls on hits to Stanton were pretty lame. I'd be mad if it were the Hawks getting those flags.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":z9uc1ssq said:
Marvin49":z9uc1ssq said:
hawknation2014":z9uc1ssq said:

Well, he's right

Where did I say that picture was in reference to you?

In fact, it was referring to fool you're defending.

Well he didn't say conspiracy either and you quoted me....

....but point taken.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think all fans can agree that the refs make a LOT of bad calls.

Some of them with video proof and they STILL get it wrong.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":34zpnnn8 said:
Well, the 2 roughing calls on hits to Stanton were pretty lame. I'd be mad if it were the Hawks getting those flags.

Thank You....

....but the calls on Boldin, Cook, Culliver (offset a holding call), and several others were legit and inexcusable.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":o0w44mwp said:
I think all fans can agree that the refs make a LOT of bad calls.

Some of them with video proof and they STILL get it wrong.

I think my biggest prob now is that they aren't legislating bad hits anymore (hits to the head, late hits, etc). It seems they are legislating BIG hits. If a guy takes a big hit, there's a flag. It is a legal hit, but they throw the flag anyway and there is no recourse from the team getting flagged.

This isn't just a Niner prob BTW. I see it all over.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that the head referee who was announcing the calls against the 49ers appeared to have utter disdain for the 49ers? It was almost like he was smirking when he was announcing the calls.

I bleed Seahawks, but I don't have the blinders on so tight to not notice that something is amiss, even against a rival. They are getting completely hosed on the calls. That hit in the pocket on Stanton was legal. The 49ers have a point.

The NFL is bordering on being unwatchable because of the flags. The game has become less about the players on the field, and more about which teams will get lucky in not getting bad calls.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
huskylawyer":14kvvp03 said:
Did anyone notice that the head referee who was announcing the calls against the 49ers appeared to have utter disdain for the 49ers? It was almost like he was smirking when he was announcing the calls.

I bleed Seahawks, but I don't have the blinders on so tight to not notice that something is amiss, even against a rival. They are getting completely hosed on the calls. That hit in the pocket on Stanton was legal. The 49ers have a point.

The NFL is bordering on being unwatchable because of the flags. The game has become less about the players on the field, and more about which teams will get lucky in not getting bad calls.
Nope.

Brahn

Reaction score
League Leaders in Penalties
#1 Niners 36 (1-2)
#2 Pittsburgh 31 (2-1)
#3 Patriots 30 (2-1)
#4 Chiefs 29 (1-2)

Tenn 14 Penalties (1-2)
TB 16 Penalties (0-3)

Niners are League Leaders in Penalties

Illegal Contact (5 Times) (#2 NY Giants 4 Times)
Making significant contact with a receiver after the receiver has advanced five yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Exceptions: The illegal contact is called only if the quarterback is still in pocket and the ball is still in his hands.
**Automatic 1st Down**

Illegal use of hands (5 Times) (#2 DET/ATL 3)
Illegal use of the hands against a player while attempting to ward off a block, cover a receiver, or tackle a ball carrier. There are several restrictions on how a player may initiate contact, such as hands to the facemask of the other player involved in the blocking.
**10 yards if committed by offense; 5 yards and automatic first down if committed by defense**

Offensive Holding (7 Times) (#2 TENN/NE/HOU/CLE 6)
A foul in which an offensive player keeps a defender from advancing by grasping him with his hands or arms.
**10 yards**

Unnecessary Roughness (5 Times) (#2 TB/PITT/TENN 4)
A conduct- or safety-related infraction such as hitting a ball carrier after he is already out of bounds, "piling on" a ball carrier who is already down, or violent contact with an opponent who is away from and out of the play.
**15 yards; automatic first down if committed by defense**

Niners are the league fewest flag team in regards to

Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Offensive Pass Interference
Neutral Zone Infraction
Face Mask
Defensive Pass Interference
Defensive Holding

---------------------------------------------------

Niners lead the league in 4 Categories by an average roughly 1 penalty
They are the fewest in 6 categories

Yup, Refs are just picking on the poor Niners

Every season someone has to be the leader in penalties. Last Season it was the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks, we were called cheaters and any reason we brought about why the calls were bogus were shrugged off. We won it all despite the monkier.

All of a sudden the Niners are the Thugs and Undisciplined cheats. You know all that illegal holding the HAwks are known for?

Seattle 0 Illegal Contact Calls

“We’re not fighting or resisting the changes that are here, We’re trying to adapt and go with it.” - Coach Carroll

Time to adapt or die, your Coach had better learn to be a Marine if he wishes to yell like one.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Marvin49

Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers · 9m
Arians called 49ers LB Dan Skuta’s hit on QB Drew Stanton was “cheap shot....no doubt he was sliding. That could have ended his career.”

Really Bruce? Wow. And I liked the guy.

Sac

Reaction score
Marvin49":25cie892 said:
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers · 9m
Arians called 49ers LB Dan Skuta’s hit on QB Drew Stanton was “cheap shot....no doubt he was sliding. That could have ended his career.”

Really Bruce? Wow. And I liked the guy.
Is Bruce wrong?