League Leaders in Penalties
#1 Niners 36 (1-2)
#2 Pittsburgh 31 (2-1)
#3 Patriots 30 (2-1)
#4 Chiefs 29 (1-2)

Tenn 14 Penalties (1-2)
TB 16 Penalties (0-3)

Niners are League Leaders in Penalties

Illegal Contact (5 Times) (#2 NY Giants 4 Times)
Making significant contact with a receiver after the receiver has advanced five yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Exceptions: The illegal contact is called only if the quarterback is still in pocket and the ball is still in his hands.
**Automatic 1st Down**

Illegal use of hands (5 Times) (#2 DET/ATL 3)
Illegal use of the hands against a player while attempting to ward off a block, cover a receiver, or tackle a ball carrier. There are several restrictions on how a player may initiate contact, such as hands to the facemask of the other player involved in the blocking.
**10 yards if committed by offense; 5 yards and automatic first down if committed by defense**

Offensive Holding (7 Times) (#2 TENN/NE/HOU/CLE 6)
A foul in which an offensive player keeps a defender from advancing by grasping him with his hands or arms.
**10 yards**

Unnecessary Roughness (5 Times) (#2 TB/PITT/TENN 4)
A conduct- or safety-related infraction such as hitting a ball carrier after he is already out of bounds, "piling on" a ball carrier who is already down, or violent contact with an opponent who is away from and out of the play.
**15 yards; automatic first down if committed by defense**

Niners are the league fewest flag team in regards to

Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Offensive Pass Interference
Neutral Zone Infraction
Face Mask
Defensive Pass Interference
Defensive Holding

---------------------------------------------------

Niners lead the league in 4 Categories by an average roughly 1 penalty
They are the fewest in 6 categories

Yup, Refs are just picking on the poor Niners

Every season someone has to be the leader in penalties. Last Season it was the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks, we were called cheaters and any reason we brought about why the calls were bogus were shrugged off. We won it all despite the monkier.

All of a sudden the Niners are the Thugs and Undisciplined cheats. You know all that illegal holding the HAwks are known for?

Seattle 0 Illegal Contact Calls

“We’re not fighting or resisting the changes that are here, We’re trying to adapt and go with it.” - Coach Carroll

Time to adapt or die, your Coach had better learn to be a Marine if he wishes to yell like one.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Nobody picking on the Niners. LOL.

Some HORRIBLE calls and ALOT of rightly earned ones.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":u7thlvnw said:
Frankly I'm surprised the laundry wasn't out in our game when E.T. blasted Molly.
They missed that one in a big way, aye; but they also reversed our fumble recovery, which was BS. Even a Rams fan at work told me it was a crock earlier today.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3iqovjcx said:
Marvin49":3iqovjcx said:
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers · 9m
Arians called 49ers LB Dan Skuta’s hit on QB Drew Stanton was “cheap shot....no doubt he was sliding. That could have ended his career.”

Really Bruce? Wow. And I liked the guy.
Is Bruce wrong?

Yes.

He wasn't on the ground. You are allowed to hit him. Shoulder to shoulder hit. NOT illegal.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Half the calls they make in the NFL aren't even penalties in college. That is just crazy to me. I can watch entire college games and not spend a second thinking about calls.

But when watching NFL game, nearly every possession has a penalty where I'm like, "huh?"

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":203khj3t said:
Arians called 49ers LB Dan Skuta’s hit on QB Drew Stanton was “cheap shot....no doubt he was sliding. That could have ended his career.”

I'm sure he's devastated he's lost your support.

"You know I'm glad we won and all, but there's this 49ers fan who spends ALL his spare time on a Seahawks internet chat forum. He used to like me, but now he doesn't. I might have to hang up my Kangol as a consequence."

There were two blatant cheap shots on Stanton. They were so bad the TV broadcasters in the UK (showing Seattle vs Denver) pulled them off redzone to show to the audience.

Get a grip.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2rag2s2u said:
SacHawk2.0":2rag2s2u said:
Marvin49":2rag2s2u said:

Is Bruce wrong?

Yes.

He wasn't on the ground. You are allowed to hit him. Shoulder to shoulder hit. NOT illegal.

Nice forearm shiver to the neck too. Don't tell me that wasn't unnecessary.

49er%2Bhit%2Bon%2Bdrew%2Bstanton.gif

Sac

Reaction score
Actually, Marvin, by rule a defender must pull up once the QB starts to slide. He doesn't have to be on the ground. As soon as you see the guy going feet first it's hands off.

It was a dirty hit.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
I think the hit on a sliding Stanton was a proper call. As said ealrier, once he initiates, you can't hit.

The call the next play by Willis on Stanton was horrendous though. The ref called "blow to the head" and Willis didn't even touch Stanton's head. He delivered the hit with perfect form just when Stanton was releasing the ball. That was a bad call to the extreme.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2nn6busf said:
Actually, Marvin, by rule a defender must pull up once the QB starts to slide. He doesn't have to be on the ground. As soon as you see the guy going feet first it's hands off.

It was a dirty hit.
Come on guys... You know in "Marvin's world" the niners can do NO wrong!
It's always the other teams, refs, announcers, sports writers, or NFL's fault!
Harbaugh, Kraepperchoke, Boldin, Craptree, Alldumb, McDonald, Culliver, are just misunderstood. :sarcasm_off:

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":2rdkb1v1 said:
Brahn":2rdkb1v1 said:
League Leaders in Penalties
#1 Niners 36 (1-2)
#2 Pittsburgh 31 (2-1)
#3 Patriots 30 (2-1)
#4 Chiefs 29 (1-2)

Tenn 14 Penalties (1-2)
TB 16 Penalties (0-3)

Niners are League Leaders in Penalties

Illegal Contact (5 Times) (#2 NY Giants 4 Times)
Making significant contact with a receiver after the receiver has advanced five yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Exceptions: The illegal contact is called only if the quarterback is still in pocket and the ball is still in his hands.
**Automatic 1st Down**

Illegal use of hands (5 Times) (#2 DET/ATL 3)
Illegal use of the hands against a player while attempting to ward off a block, cover a receiver, or tackle a ball carrier. There are several restrictions on how a player may initiate contact, such as hands to the facemask of the other player involved in the blocking.
**10 yards if committed by offense; 5 yards and automatic first down if committed by defense**

Offensive Holding (7 Times) (#2 TENN/NE/HOU/CLE 6)
A foul in which an offensive player keeps a defender from advancing by grasping him with his hands or arms.
**10 yards**

Unnecessary Roughness (5 Times) (#2 TB/PITT/TENN 4)
A conduct- or safety-related infraction such as hitting a ball carrier after he is already out of bounds, "piling on" a ball carrier who is already down, or violent contact with an opponent who is away from and out of the play.
**15 yards; automatic first down if committed by defense**

Niners are the league fewest flag team in regards to

Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Offensive Pass Interference
Neutral Zone Infraction
Face Mask
Defensive Pass Interference
Defensive Holding

---------------------------------------------------

Niners lead the league in 4 Categories by an average roughly 1 penalty
They are the fewest in 6 categories

Yup, Refs are just picking on the poor Niners

Every season someone has to be the leader in penalties. Last Season it was the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks, we were called cheaters and any reason we brought about why the calls were bogus were shrugged off. We won it all despite the monkier.

All of a sudden the Niners are the Thugs and Undisciplined cheats. You know all that illegal holding the HAwks are known for?

Seattle 0 Illegal Contact Calls

“We’re not fighting or resisting the changes that are here, We’re trying to adapt and go with it.” - Coach Carroll

Time to adapt or die, your Coach had better learn to be a Marine if he wishes to yell like one.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Nobody picking on the Niners. LOL.

Some HORRIBLE calls and ALOT of rightly earned ones.

So pretty much the same for every team over the course of the season?

The problem is no other team has fans claiming it's all an NFL conspiracy.

Only those fans of a team that are watching all that bravado spewed over the last 4 season going down the drain because the season of the "Ref". I mean you are so amazing at football only the refs and the NFL working together can derail the thrill train.

I agree the Hit on Willis is bonkers much like the hit on Brees last season. That hit on the sliding QB was illegal and a right call. When you play aggressive game you will be penalized more (Hawks top penalty team 2014), no one here was saying it was the Refs trying to job us, even when we had terrible calls. Your team has to win no matter what, the Refs are not holding receivers and committing personal fouls or using racial slurs. So they make 2 bad calls a game, championship teams overcome this by not adding their own to the total.

It seems the difference is Aggressiveness vs Disciplined Aggressiveness. Also teams that tend to be less athletic or not as conditioned will have more penalties usually. Niners are way to athletic to have that be the issue, my guess is it is either conditioning and/or disciplined football.

Two of the top 4 teams in penalties are 2-1. Adapt and overcome, this is a coaching issue if they are unable to do so.

Sherminator

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2w6fcdvo said:
Marvin49":2w6fcdvo said:
SacHawk2.0":2w6fcdvo said:
Marvin49":2w6fcdvo said:

Is Bruce wrong?

Yes.

Alright I'm going to hop in here now that I can stand this.
Lets be smart about this and actually look at the play.

So Skuta hits him with his shoulder correct?

After the hit we clearly see that his forearm is below his shoulder. Skuta also hit Stanton in the shoulder which means that his forearm was lower on the body then his shoulder.
Not sure what your body looks like but my neck is above my shoulders,
Might want to take off the green and blue glasses for a bit there

#Logic

Sherminator

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wtxdmxjn said:
Come on guys... You know in "Marvin's world" the niners can do NO wrong!

Marvin49":wtxdmxjn said:
....but the calls on Boldin, Cook, Culliver (offset a holding call), and several others were legit and inexcusable.

:34853_doh:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Marvin49":2a0ffvkh said:
peachesenregalia":2a0ffvkh said:
I reckon Harbaugh's already got his mind on his next job, wherever that may be. Doesn't really look as though he's trying very hard so far this season. I've seen this same sentiment over on the Webzone, too. Do you agree?

Nah.

They aren't losing because Harbaugh isn't focused. They are losing because they have zero pass rush and they are getting penalized at the worst possible times. Some of those penalties are total BS and some were rightly earned by poor decision making.

As an example of the officiating....

1) Cards RB clearly moved early on 4th and one and it wasn't called.
2) Dan Skuta called for Personal foul on a hit of Stanton. Stanton had just begun his slide (was still airborne) and skuta hit him shoulder to shoulder. BS.
3) Willis called on roughing on a blitz. Didn't hit Standon on the head and didn't lower his head. Wasn't late either.

Its gotten to the point were big hits are flagged automatically...just because they are big hits.

In fairness though, there were a number of calls that were JUSTOFIED and Niners were just shooting themselves in the foot.

1) Boldin. Ug. Just got a first down. Would have been 1st and goal form the 6. PF made it 1st and goal from the 21. That drive ended with a blocked 40+ yard FG.
2) Chris Cook essentially manhanding a WR all the way down the sideline on 3rd down.
3) Justin Smith sack on 3rd down wiped out by Defensive Holding on Eric Reid.

There were also some calls the refs DIDN'T make that they could have. Jimmie Ward went helmet to helmet on Stanton but didn't draw the flag.

It goes on and on. I see what most Niner fans see. HORRIBLE officiating. However...they were guilty of enough of these that I really can't put the game on the refs.

The Willis call was really pathetic. But the Skuta call was good. I mean really he could have gone right over the top of him but He lowered himself to hit him. That will be called every time.

Sherminator

Reaction score
And before I get bashed for trying to defend my team on an opposing teams board let me say,
We are playing absolutely horrendus, and even with those calls not going our way I'm not sure we should have won them anyways. Roman's play calling is killing us (seriously Johnson was killing the Cards in the first half and he played 5 snaps the second half)
Fangio needs to figure out how to pressure the QB without Smith and Bowman
Harbs needs to start leading by example, I'm getting tired of these unchecked tantrum (Boldin is an example)

All the criticism is warranted, if I was a hawk fan I would be relishing in this and quite honestly you guys have earned it.

Hoping we can turn things around like last season

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sherminator":23ae7rpa said:
hawknation2014":23ae7rpa said:
Marvin49":23ae7rpa said:
Marvin49":23ae7rpa said:

Yes.

After the hit we clearly see that his forearm is below his shoulder. Skuta also hit Stanton in the shoulder which means that his forearm was lower on the body then his shoulder.

#Logic

Skuta initiated the contact at the shoulder but clearly followed through with the forearm by driving it right into the back of Stanton's neck, causing his head to bounce off the turf. That was not a clean shoulder-to-shoulder hit. It was also unnecessary as Stanton had already initiated a slide. That is a blatant penalty to anyone except a 49er homer.

Read the rules:
Rule 7, section 2, article 1 (d) (1-2) reads: “A defender must pull up when a runner begins a feet-first slide. This does not mean that all contact by a defender is illegal. If a defender has already committed himself, and the contact is unavoidable, it is not a foul unless the defender commits some other act, such as helmet-to-helmet contact or by driving his forearm or shoulder into the head or neck area of the runner.

Skuta's forearm shiver to Stanton's neck:
RnQh9AZ

Marvin49

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":hr3fmt4b said:

It was a dirty hit.

Mike Pereira disagrees.

Not going to argue. Pointless.

Sherminator

Reaction score
hawknation2014":33kbvbfv said:
Skuta initiated the contact at the shoulder but clearly followed through with the forearm by driving it right into the back of Stanton's neck, causing his head to bounce off the turf. That was not a clean shoulder-to-shoulder hit. It was also unnecessary as Stanton had already initiated a slide. That is a blatant penalty to anyone except a 49er homer.

Read the rules:
Rule 7, section 2, article 1 (d) (1-2) reads: “A defender must pull up when a runner begins a feet-first slide. This does not mean that all contact by a defender is illegal. If a defender has already committed himself, and the contact is unavoidable, it is not a foul unless the defender commits some other act, such as helmet-to-helmet contact or by driving his forearm or shoulder into the head or neck area of the runner.

RnQh9AZ

Lol that image shows his forearm is clearly below his neck, Stanton's head bounced off his shoulder again.
Regardless I highly doubt Skuta did that on purpose, he would have led with the forearm if that was hit intention.

Also, the NFL's head official disagrees with you. But I guess your opinion matters more than his.

Just a heads up, that "by driving" means "leading with", which Skuta clearly didn't do. Skuta must have some super quick reflexes if he truly meant to do that (its physically impossible)

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1zi3drgw said:
Sherminator":1zi3drgw said:
hawknation2014":1zi3drgw said:
Marvin49":1zi3drgw said:
Yes.

#Logic

Read the rules:

RnQh9AZ

.....you can't be serious.

He used the forearm to brace his fall.

Sigh. No use arguing...Really wouldn't matter what happened...you'll argue it was a good call if he's placed him gently on the ground supported by feathers.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1n38kp4x said:
hawknation2014":1n38kp4x said:
hawknation2014":1n38kp4x said:

Read the rules:

RnQh9AZ

.....you can't be serious.

He used the forearm to brace his fall.

Sigh. No use arguing...Really wouldn't matter what happened...you'll argue it was a good call if he's placed him gently on the ground supported by feathers.

He "braced his fall" by driving his forearm and elbow into the back of Stanton's head and neck.

You whiner fans are ridiculous. If Mike Pereira had the slowed down images of the Skuta's vicious forearm to Stanton's neck and head, there is no way he would call that a legal hit. Had it been a legal hit to Stanton, it is debatable whether Skuta had already committed himself before the slide.