No Love for Bevell Today?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1t483r8h said:
Bevell's critics keep telling us he lacks imagination, he's too rigid, he's too predictable, he doesn't use our strengths properly..............well I saw one hell of an offensive game called last night.

Lots of motion to free up Jimmy, quick hits, screens and slants, using Russell's increased health to run a little read on the TD and most importantly with Lockett being healthy going deep again for explosive plays. One of the more complex dynamic play calling schemes of the past couple years.

Why you ask? Cause Pete finally had enough of trying to get the run game going and took the leash off the passing game and let it fly, that's why. Not Bevell, Pete.

He opened it up because Pete directly told him to. You could tell in the press conferences, that Pete was finally getting restless with the offense (thank God). He keeps trying to run our offense like we still have Marshawn lynch and 2012/13's offensive line which just shows me a lack of awareness to the current situation.

He still has bad tendencies as seen in the second half.

Nice try with slight of hand but this is still a Bevell issue. Bevell I hope wouldn't continue to run something just because it was a "system" idea if it wasn't working, or I would hope he would at least speak up. Bevell needs to be more consistent before I'm convinced of anything.

However, I will say for the first time in a while Pete actually addressed the issues of the team which was nice to see.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
cheese22":2vxx8w1d said:
ESPN just reported that the decision to open up the offense was made on the plane ride back from NOLA. It was PC, Bevell, RW and a couple other coaches and RW making the plea to get more creative. It's a little disturbing to hear that such an athletic, intelligent QB has to talk the head coach and OC into being more creative but not totally surprising. I've often said that they seem to show as little as possible in the first half of the season and then open it up so they are gaining steam heading into the playoffs. Seems about the right time.

I agree with the first part of the post, but the whole waiting to open up the offense is dumb.

Just play to your strengths this isn't a chess match it's football.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1btishww said:
Sgt. Largent":1btishww said:
Bevell's critics keep telling us he lacks imagination, he's too rigid, he's too predictable, he doesn't use our strengths properly..............well I saw one hell of an offensive game called last night.

Lots of motion to free up Jimmy, quick hits, screens and slants, using Russell's increased health to run a little read on the TD and most importantly with Lockett being healthy going deep again for explosive plays. One of the more complex dynamic play calling schemes of the past couple years.

Why you ask? Cause Pete finally had enough of trying to get the run game going and took the leash off the passing game and let it fly, that's why. Not Bevell, Pete.

He opened it up because Pete directly told him to.

Again you guys are contradicting yourselves.

The one constant is Pete. Pete directed. Pete Decided.

Not Bevell, not Russell..................Pete. Bevell works within the parameters, schemes and plays Pete directs him to run the offense from week to week, quarter to quarter and series to series.

So if you hate Bevell, you hate Pete. Bevell is not some autonomous rogue coordinator running any play he pleases. Not sure why this fact is so hard for some of you to understand.

sdog1981

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ud6adtp said:
sdog1981":1ud6adtp said:
Yes, let us sing the song of Bevell for just now figuring out that Jimmy Grahm is on the team.

Funny... so last week the offense was going to cost Pete his job.

Now you're resorting to this. 'He only just figured out how to use Jimmy Graham' (who's been on course for a 1000 yard season all year so far).

Some people only ever want to piss and moan. They're not happy unless there's someone to shout vitriol at. Someone to blame for something. Someone to satisfy a need to be negative.

5-2-1... Bring on the Pats.

That was sacrarium.

And yes the offense is the frayed edge that will cost Pete his job. Just like Tony Dungy in Tampa.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3938opuc said:
And yes the offense is the frayed edge that will cost Pete his job. Just like Tony Dungy in Tampa.

So you're still clinging to this nonsense.

Deary me.

:roll:

sdog1981

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1q5dd86t said:
sdog1981":1q5dd86t said:

So you're still clinging to this nonsense.

Deary me.

:roll:

He is the definition of eventually since you seem to not understand what that word means.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/eventually

Here is a link to a countdown timer for the last day of the 2018 season.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/a ... nt=cursive

Tony Dungy did not fix the offensive side of the house in Tama and was ran out of town after he saved the franchise.

Tom Coughlin was, ran out of town after winning two Superbowls.

Do I think it is a good idea today? Hell no.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I know full well what you're suggesting.

And I think you need to get a grip.

Speculating on Pete Carroll's job security. For crying out loud.

sdog1981

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":228usej6 said:

758 days from now under the pretext that he does noting to fix the offensive side of the house.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":2rbul29z said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2rbul29z said:

758 days from now under the pretext that he does noting to fix the offensive side of the house.

Just stop.

Stop.

Stop stop stop.

Stop.

Stop?

Stop.

sdog1981

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":16tgkxnr said:
sdog1981":16tgkxnr said:
theENGLISHseahawk":16tgkxnr said:

Just stop.

Stop.

Stop stop stop.

Stop.

Stop?

Stop.

You have to be an Arsenal fan

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Another great game by Bevell, the playcalling had the Patriot's defense on their heels almost the entire game.

As Pete said in his post game presser, with his confidence in the O-line now and Russell's health he took the chains off of Bevell, Russell and the playcalling the past two weeks.............and it's showed in every facet of the offense.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He schemed a great gameplan, which is what he has always done when given the tools to do so. Prosise gives him a great gadget to work with and Rawls will give us the stud back we need to really make it a guessing game for opposing defenses. Bevell works tirelessly at making our offense look seamless and a big win over a team as highly respected as the Patriots when his unit played so well I'm sure feels very rewarding. But in this league, your work is only judged by your most-recent work. So the thought process has already turned to Philly and breaking down how we can exploit that rapidly improved defense.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Russell Wilson magic - keeping Bevell employed since 2012.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":m41atil8 said:
Another great game by Bevell, the playcalling had the Patriot's defense on their heels almost the entire game.

As Pete said in his post game presser, with his confidence in the O-line now and Russell's health he took the chains off of Bevell, Russell and the playcalling the past two weeks.............and it's showed in every facet of the offense.

Could be better in the red zone. That will need to improve as the season progresses.

But last night was a wonderful example of how explosive and creative the offense can be when there is a semblance of a running game.

Good stuff.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3nb9dlgn said:
Russell Wilson magic - keeping Bevell employed since 2012.

This is true; the only way O-Cordinators stay employed is with some talent to take advantage of. Either the QB must be good, or the run game must. We've had both at times, too. Fortunate for Pete as well.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ssfrku9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ssfrku9 said:

Could be better in the red zone. That will need to improve as the season progresses.

But last night was a wonderful example of how explosive and creative the offense can be when there is a semblance of a running game.

Good stuff.

Only 'complaint' if you want to call it that is the red zone. Settled for way too many FGs down there. I would love to see us scheme Jimmy into single coverage for at least one attempt. He's just to big and athletic not to give him a shot.

Other than that, loved the quick passing and deep shots. I said a few games back we needed to try a few deep shots a game to keep defenses honest, it doesn't hurt we probably have the best deep ball passer in the NFL. Pats game plan was clear from the first series, they'd double Jimmy and make someone like Kearse beat them in single coverage. Lockett and Richardson stepped up, Doug was reliable as always.

Prosise is much quicker to the lane than CM, it was very noticeable. One quick cut and go, none of the dancing then tripping over himself like CM. He has this gliding motion through the blockers, very reminiscent of young Arian Foster. I remember seeing an article that compared them after he was drafted. Plus he is such a huge weapon in the passing game out of the backfield. Not many LBs in the league will be able to stay with him one on one, especially if they can't jam him.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1erjm6ew said:
Sgt. Largent":1erjm6ew said:

Good stuff.

To be fair to Bevell last night, he called three great plays in the Red Zone, and Russell missed all three........two TD's and the two point conversion. All three throws too wide to his left.

It's obvious as accurate as Russell is, he's deathly afraid of throwing a pick to his left and overcompensates on the throw too wide.

But yes, overall the Red Zone efficiency needs to be better.

sdog1981

Reaction score
3/7 Red Zone Efficiency.

1/3 Goal to go Efficiency.

The Bevell red zone special is a FG. This game should have been over at halftime.

Jville

Reaction score
sdog1981":29x3ocsq said:
3/7 Red Zone Efficiency.

The Bevell red zone special is a FG. This game should have been over at halftime.

No love for the above post from me today.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sdog1981":39atv0mu said:
3/7 Red Zone Efficiency.

So Russell bears no responsibility for those red zone problems as I explained above?

Should have been two more TD's, and a two pt conversion. Threw wide left on all three throws. That's Bevell's fault, lol.