OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sutz":273b92v5 said:
IMNSHO this was a solid, gritty win on the road, in tough conditions (80 degrees in the sunlight). Our Hawks fought down to the end, and won.

Yep. Chris can be wrong and we still love him. LOL

ivotuk

Reaction score
Aros":2qrhix3x said:
sutz":2qrhix3x said:
IMNSHO this was a solid, gritty win on the road, in tough conditions (80 degrees in the sunlight). Our Hawks fought down to the end, and won.

:ditto: :D

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":2nunp5a6 said:
sutz":2nunp5a6 said:

Yeah, but he sure posts a lot for someone who posted GCW. :mrgreen:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Now that's great Seahawks football! Love the post, Aros!

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you picked the team to lose going into the game but you're unhappy after a win then you may want to get your emotion generators looked at. Our offense played to win the game in the second half based on how well our defense was doing. It would have looked different (better or worse) if our defense had performed worse.

If you're trying to decide how you feel about our team going forwards you should be thrilled to see what our defense did to Gurley. I know there were a few around here that overreacted to our rush ranking after the first couple of games, but I suspect this will be the lowest output of the season for Gurley, with the possible exception of our rematch in Seattle. Our defensive line was very good all game, barring the amazing stupidity from the announcers of considering it a negative that they hadn't talked about them much.

The big concern going forwards is still our rushing offense. Thankfully we have two weeks to work on it and then a good measuring stick @NYG. Not sure if there is even a plan B out there if we can't get it going with Rawls and Lacy.

djb28

Reaction score
I even turned a corner this season. I finally got into a game! I admit I have been pretty crusty on this team so far this season and just not in to the product I was watching. But today, I saw some spunk and we beat the Rams! And I didnt get kicked off the boards in the gameday forum! whew. I was in a dark place!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Add me to the "escaped with a win" crowd. It was a good win. But we got lucky. We needed a dropped pass in the end zone to get the W. I would bet that Kupp makes that catch 7 or 8 times out of 10. Good win, yes. UGLY win, yes. The key is that is a WIN.

kf3339

Reaction score
It was a good win. Personally would not call it great as I don't think Rams are a good gauge for a quality team, but I will take it.

Hope some of our guys can get healed up this next few weeks. We will need them all going forward.
:irishdrinkers:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We survived and the D fought like prize fighters-kept coming out round after round in the 2nd half and withstood every wild punch the Rams threw at us.

But lest we forget a week or 2 later, the Rams lost a last second comeback victory directly through the hands of Yakima's Cooper Kupp. The Rams certainly feel like they had the game won if not for that clear drop or even the missed FG earlier. As it is, we're tied for the division lead and have 2 weeks to rest up for a big stretch. Much to work on, but we're in decent shape.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
sutz":iz2hvrzb said:
Aros":iz2hvrzb said:
sutz":iz2hvrzb said:

Yeah, but he sure posts a lot for someone who posted GCW. :mrgreen:
Like a turd that won't flush?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Let's put this in perspective. The Falcons were a dropped TD pass by Jordan Howard (much easier to catch than the one Kupp couldn't corral) from losing @ CHI and half a yard away from losing @ DET. Guess what? They won both those games. Do you think they'll give a damn in January if those road wins help them get to 13-3 and the #1 seed? No! Road wins are damn hard to come by in this league so you take them to the bank and keep battling.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally agree with the "great win" thinking.

Any win is a good win, some are domination Ws, some just plain fugly, but still good. However, a W , especially one on the road against a divisional rival, against a team that came in hot, historically plays our team well, that presents significant match-up issues, played in hot conditions, on grass, is nothing but a GREAT WIN!!!

Your can look at it as an escape W, or purely a a great W, doesn't matter; it's a road W and that is always a Great W. This felt like it was more than an escape W for the team.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1ug009lz said:
Great win... Great great win...

It WAS a great win for the Hawks. Division shifting win.

Congrats!

Obviously, I am not happy you won: but you did have the most points at the end of the game and you won. So, be happy and enjoy the hell out of it. I would.

Don't forget that you had a pause in your mind about McVay's Rams. This fun is just beginning. :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417:

:D

Josea16

Reaction score
Aros":3glj4lzs said:
This is precisely the game that turns your season. The trajectory could have gone positive or negative moving forward based on the results, and with a sound victory in LA against an upstart Rams team (who by the way had the most prolific offense in the NFL up until today when we held them to 10 points), AND heading into the bye, we couldn't ask for a better situation.

Get healthy, going into a bye in a positive mode, and we face what is currently a still winless Giants squad that has lost major players in two weeks (in Met Life which has become our home away from home) and well...

Get out those blue and green shades folks. This season suddenly looks very, very good.
It took you 5 games to get on the bus? Very disappointed given we've started about the same or worse in Superbowl years and deep run years. Especially since 2010.

Josea16

Reaction score
RedAlice":2lqwtyky said:
ApnaHawk":2lqwtyky said:
Great win... Great great win...

It WAS a great win for the Hawks. Division shifting win.

Congrats!

Obviously, I am not happy you won: but you did have the most points at the end of the game and you won. So, be happy and enjoy the hell out of it. I would.

Don't forget that you had a pause in your mind about McVay's Rams. This fun is just beginning. :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417:

:D
I'm happy it is. You have a good team well worth rooting for Alice. I especially like that they play clean now like the Seahawks. They just line up and try to pound you. You guys are right at the cusp.

When you get there (which may be now) we have serious trouble coming our way fast.

original poster

Reaction score
That was the most exciting Seahawks game in a long time.

HELL of a win going into the bye, we're moving!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
It was a nail-biter for sure. Tough, gritty, defensive win. We've lacked those in the numbers we're used to in the last couple of years, and I think that tainted my feelings watching the game. I kept waiting for the defense to give up the play that gave the Rams the lead again but it never came. They stepped up big, and it showed. They finally got the turnovers when they needed them. And they finally stood up and pushed back and stopped a really solid offense from scoring when they needed to.

Big, big win! :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't help but smile thinking how all the gloom and doom crowd was feeling after this one.
Judging from the prediction thread, you would think this was the Cleveland Browns or something :2thumbs:
Assuming the worst, meh, waste of energy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I thought this would be a loss unless the team showed me something.

The offense struggled, but they never looked beat down like in Rams games past. The defense looks like it's gelling and they hopefully have fixed their run fits.

The optimism is that the defense looks like it's rounding into form with a few new players and the offense looks like it's starting it's post 6 week run like in the past as well.

I'll happily take my first loss in the Aros Prediction thread.