No One Likes Russell Wilson Anymore?

McGruff

Reaction score
Popeyejones":309zixvo said:
SacHawk2.0":309zixvo said:
Dude, breaking the bank for Russ now won't matter in two years. The cap is going to jump big time this year and the next and even if we give RW 25/Yr it'll be a bargain in two years.

For it to be a bargain there has to be other QBs whose salaries will be leapfrogging his in the next two years, and unless he signs before Luck, those guys don't really exist, IMO. The only guy who even seems to have a shot at it right now is Bridgewater, and even for him it's way too early to make that argument.

Maybe not in the next two years, but certainly under discussion in the next two years . . .

Matt Ryan - 2018
Joe Flacco - 2018
Drew Brees - 2016
Matt Stafford -2017
Phillip Rivers - 2015
Sam Bradfford - 2015
Tom Brady - 2017
Andrew Luck - 2016
Eli Manning - 2015
Peyton Manning -2016
Carson Palmer - 2017

I know many of these guys are older, and most aren't as accomplished as Wilson, but still their contracts will push the market significantly.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1bn1reio said:
Popeyejones":1bn1reio said:
SacHawk2.0":1bn1reio said:
Dude, breaking the bank for Russ now won't matter in two years. The cap is going to jump big time this year and the next and even if we give RW 25/Yr it'll be a bargain in two years.

For it to be a bargain there has to be other QBs whose salaries will be leapfrogging his in the next two years, and unless he signs before Luck, those guys don't really exist, IMO. The only guy who even seems to have a shot at it right now is Bridgewater, and even for him it's way too early to make that argument.

Maybe not in the next two years, but certainly under discussion in the next two years . . .

Matt Ryan - 2018
Joe Flacco - 2018
Drew Brees - 2016
Matt Stafford -2017
Phillip Rivers - 2015
Sam Bradfford - 2015
Tom Brady - 2017
Andrew Luck - 2016
Eli Manning - 2015
Peyton Manning -2016
Carson Palmer - 2017

I know many of these guys are older, and most aren't as accomplished as Wilson, but still their contracts will push the market significantly.

Interesting when we put names out there. I wouldn't expect any of those QBs other than Luck to surpass 25m even with an increased cap. Ryan and Flacco are possibles. Rivers is unlikely. The other names, I'd be shocked if they could command 22m.

Signing Wilson to the next 'top paid' contract could be the equivalent of drafting the last QB #1 overall pre CBA. Wilson's deal should be a top 2 or 3 for the entirety of it's length.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":sf6p5lyn said:
but if we didn't have quality players around him, we wouldn't be there. I love RW, but I'm not willing to break this team because of his excessive demands. There is no freaking way I would make RW the highest paid player or even QB in the league. Absolutely no way.

Nearly all those same "Quality Players" have already been locked up with Contracts.
There's "No Freaking Way" any of us really KNOW what's being negotiated, so some of us are getting pissed off, because of what some opinionated writers that don't KNOW any more that we do, are publishing.
If I'm getting pissed, it's at Bennett and his KNOWN contract $ituation. AND TALKING ABOUT HOLDING OUT.
Why hasn't some of the animosity around here, been leveled at Bobby Wagner, is he also dragging his feet on getting his contract done? holding out for more money?, being unreasonable?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3bqems8h said:
Yeah, but Wilson should be an "Ah Shucks & Golly" player that should be willing to give the Seahawks a huge discount...You know, just to show how much he loves the fans? :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Clayfighter

Clayfighter

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1okavxxo said:
joeseahawks":1okavxxo said:
but if we didn't have quality players around him, we wouldn't be there. I love RW, but I'm not willing to break this team because of his excessive demands. There is no freaking way I would make RW the highest paid player or even QB in the league. Absolutely no way.

Nearly all those same "Quality Players" have already been locked up with Contracts.
There's "No Freaking Way" any of us really KNOW what's being negotiated, so some of us are getting pissed off, because of what some opinionated writers that don't KNOW any more that we do, are publishing.
If I'm getting pissed, it's at Bennett and his KNOWN contract $ituation. AND TALKING ABOUT HOLDING OUT.
Why hasn't some of the animosity around here, been leveled at Bobby Wagner, is he also dragging his feet on getting his contract done? holding out for more money?, being unreasonable?

I think the difference with BWags an Wilson is Wags isn't going to social media with this stuff making people speculate on what is going on. He is much more low profile so his negotiations aren't being talked about as much... and he isn't a QB and won't get paid as much.

kearly

Reaction score
That bass post was awesome. Much better than the article in the OP, which basically calls Wilson a phony because he seems too much like Tim Tebow.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":25hs2on9 said:
That bass post was awesome. Much better than the article in the OP, which basically calls Wilson a phony because he seems too much like Tim Tebow.

Thank you for summarizing it. I refuse to dignify the subject by clicking on the link.