NO!!! Say it ain't so Jim ....... Tomsula

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hy3fw2x said:
rideaducati":2hy3fw2x said:
I thought it was okay FOR ME to make predictions based on MY opinion...I guess that is frowned upon if it goes against the niners. What was I thinking?

"None of us knows what is going to happen" and "Saying things aren't a forgone conclusion is LOGIC".... Thank you so much, Captain Obvious... Wow, the things I learn on the internet that I couldn't figure out without niner fans is immense.

I'm sure when Baalke and JimTom are gone, you'll tell us that they weren't very good, and the new guys in their place have a "chance" to be a lot better. Thanks again, Captain Obvious.

I'm open to ANY outcome for the niners. I will accept whatever happens, because I will have no choice other than to accept it, I just don't think they'll be very good. They could prove me wrong, but again, I'm willing to bet they won't.

I'm calling my shot and I think the niners will be 6-10 this season. JimTom will not make it through two seasons. Baalke might get to hire one more coach, but that won't work out well either. Keeporpick will be the same "one read and run" QB and when bullets fly, he will revert to the 90 mph fastball when a touch pass is needed. The WR group in ninerland won't be very good because of the QB.

I'm not going to wait until everything plays out and then tell you everything played out. I'm putting this out there so that WHEN I am proven right, you'll know I was right all along and I'll have bragging rights. If I am wrong, you can have your fun.

This is the type of thing we're looking for from niner fans. Have an opinion. Talk some trash, but come back WHEN you're wrong.

Well of course you have a right to your opinion.

All I'm sayin' is don't pass it off as if its fact and make out like I'm the one being unreasonable. Its a request.

Bragging rights? really? Do you really care that much to hang onto it that long? OK. No worries. Free Country.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to put a sig in every post stating that all of my posts are my opinion and my opinion only unless a link to a factual item is included. Just so you know Marv, all of my posts are my opinion. My opinion is based on facts and observations of facts.

What fun is it to have an opinion that my team could go anywhere from 4-12 to 12-4?

If I wanted to break out bragging rights for being right about the niners the past few years, that would be a very long post. If I add in where you were wrong on the same post, it would probably be too long to post.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marv is a season ticket holder, right? Of course he is optimistic/delusional. If he wasn't, he wouldn't re-up.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3vq3vo92 said:
Marv is a season ticket holder, right? Of course he is optimistic/delusional. If he wasn't, he wouldn't re-up.

Well, for the record I'd re-up regardless, just as I'd expect Seahawk fans to do if they'd experienced a similar offseason, right?

Call me delusional all you want, but I just don't see how saying "neither 4-12 or 12-4 would be more surprising to me" is all that delusional. This whole argument boils down to the desire from posters here that myself and other Niner fans accept a 4-12 or worse season before camp has begun or we are nothing more than delusional homers. While alot of talent walked out the door, there is a lot of talent left on the roster.

If this were a vacuum and there were no previous seasons and no previous players and you just looked at the talent ON THE ROSTER, I have a hard time thinkin' peeps would still be talking about the Niners being as bad as they say right now. Instead, people fixate on who's not around, not on who is.

Saying "wait and see" is apparently overly optimistic.

It's all good tho...I know where I am and I knew what to expect. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1r13utqa said:
Marvin's seriously got to be one of the biggest masochists on the web.
Naw, I think he doesn't want to be called out when he's wrong, that's why he's very vague on his answers/predictions.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":173y612p said:
Scottemojo":173y612p said:

Well, for the record I'd re-up regardless, just as I'd expect Seahawk fans to do if they'd experienced a similar offseason, right?

Call me delusional all you want, but I just don't see how saying "neither 4-12 or 12-4 would be more surprising to me" is all that delusional. This whole argument boils down to the desire from posters here that myself and other Niner fans accept a 4-12 or worse season before camp has begun or we are nothing more than delusional homers. While alot of talent walked out the door, there is a lot of talent left on the roster.

If this were a vacuum and there were no previous seasons and no previous players and you just looked at the talent ON THE ROSTER, I have a hard time thinkin' peeps would still be talking about the Niners being as bad as they say right now. Instead, people fixate on who's not around, not on who is.

I don't think you're delusional (here) Marv, I think your predictions elsewhere make you look a bit disingenuous here. Your posts here are just as boring and opinionless as your approved writers list articles.

Don't push your overestimating of Baalke's picks too much higher or you will be considered delusional.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2kacksjc said:
Marvin49":2kacksjc said:
Scottemojo":2kacksjc said:

I don't think you're delusional (here) Marv, I think your predictions elsewhere make you look a bit disingenuous here. Your posts here are just as boring and opinionless as your approved writers list articles.

Don't push your overestimating of Baalke's picks too much higher or you will be considered delusional.

Oh please.

I was forced to make a prediction and it was a hopeful one. I never intended it to represent my entire position on the state of the team. Sheesh.

I don't even remember exactly what I predicted.

The approved writers list thing is funny. It includes EVERYONE ONE EARTH but three guys, so I guess EVERYONE ON EARTH other than those three guys is "boring and opinionless". :D

As for Baalke, as ever, I simply look forward to seeing what players can do with the shots they will be given that they didn't have in the past because they had a vet in front of them. Hard to get a shot as a RB with Frank Gore in front of you. Hard to get a shot as a DE with Justin Smith in front of you. That doesn't mean they'll be great players, but it doesn't mean they'll be bad either. It simply means they are unknown.

hawk45

Reaction score
JFC Marvin your plea for 12-4 being a possibility is one part NFL parity and two parts that it'll be addition by subtraction with smith, gore, and iupati. I like the niner fans on this board but this is why fan delusion is referred to as the full Marvin here. Hard to get a shot when gore is in front of you? When smith is in front of you? Why would it be hard to get a shot of those two are as useless at this stage of their careers as you (now) claim?
When you have to retreat behind the fact that you aren't being definitive you've fecking lost.
If all you're claiming is a tautology like something is within the realm of a universe of possibility, you are not making a claim with substance worth typing.
In fact this banal claim's only function is as a beating magnet.
I like having you here marv so quit trying to die on every damned hill you see. The five foot hill with horse crap at the summit has no tactical value.

hawk45

Reaction score
Also, Jim tomsula as some sort of idiot savant...FFS just say by all appearances our HC is a vegetable and our team met a fiery death this offseason and leave it at that.
On an oppo board, you leave out the slim hope that your ESL coach might be hiding genius in his drooling and that the decimation of your roster might be the big chance for former backups (who couldn't unseat the players you now claim to be ineffective) to spread their butterfly wings and take flight.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawk45":r2hv0v8z said:
JFC Marvin your plea for 12-4 being a possibility is one part NFL parity and two parts that it'll be addition by subtraction with smith, gore, and iupati. I like the niner fans on this board but this is why fan delusion is referred to as the full Marvin here. Hard to get a shot when gore is in front of you? When smith is in front of you? Why would it be hard to get a shot of those two are as useless at this stage of their careers as you (now) claim?
When you have to retreat behind the fact that you aren't being definitive you've fecking lost.
If all you're claiming is a tautology like something is within the realm of a universe of possibility, you are not making a claim with substance worth typing.
I like having you here marv so quit trying to die on every damned hill you see. The five foot hill with horse crap at the summit has no tactical value.

Dude.

Never said those guys were useless. Just said they weren't the same player they had been in the past and Harbaugh/Roman/Fangio were all about keeping those vets in there. I've read all about it right here in this board.

There are a numer of fairly high draft picks who have yet to get a real shot on the team because they had a vet in front of them. That isn't opinion. That's a fact. Its very likely Gore would have been offered a larger contract had Hyde not been on the roster. Gore said he'd have stayed if they'd matched the offer from Indy.

I realize how much easier it is to write off a team when looking at it through the prism of players lost, but I find it highly unlikely if people removed the team name, colors, and history from the 2015 Niners and just looked at the roster they'd predict a 4-12 season.

Moreover, if simply use 2014 as a baseline for an 8-8 season and then subtract players to arrive at your season prediction, you completely ignore that 17 players were on IR last year, including 1 who retired and 2 of the other retirees were hurt and missed significant time last year. You also ignore the public debacle of the Harbaugh situation all year and the fact that Greg Roman was flat awful as an OC.

Tomsula? Peeps who write him off based on his introductory interview are pathetic. Players love the guy. He's been one of the best D-Line coaches in the NFL. Will he make a great HC? Who knows, but Vegetable? ESL? Idiot Savant? That's just pathetic man. Those comments say far more about you than him.

Can't wait for the damn season to start.

I am not here to sing the praises of the 2015 Niners because I have no idea how all those new players getting a shot will perform, but peeps here who call me a homer or say I'm being delusional to think its even POSSIBLE this could be a playoff team have no clue what they are talking about.

Whether you want to see it or not or you just wanna make jokes (totally your right BTW), it ain't as bad as peeps are letting on.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2sydz8bu said:
hawk45":2sydz8bu said:

Dude.

Never said those guys were useless. Just said they weren't the same player they had been in the past and Harbaugh/Roman/Fangio were all about keeping those vets in there. I've read all about it right here in this board.

There are a numer of fairly high draft picks who have yet to get a real shot on the team because they had a vet in front of them. That isn't opinion. That's a fact. Its very likely Gore would have been offered a larger contract had Hyde not been on the roster. Gore said he'd have stayed if they'd matched the offer from Indy.

I realize how much easier it is to write off a team when looking at it through the prism of players lost, but I find it highly unlikely if people removed the team name, colors, and history from the 2015 Niners and just looked at the roster they'd predict a 4-12 season.

Moreover, if simply use 2014 as a baseline for an 8-8 season and then subtract players to arrive at your season prediction, you completely ignore that 17 players were on IR last year, including 1 who retired and 2 of the other retirees were hurt and missed significant time last year. You also ignore the public debacle of the Harbaugh situation all year and the fact that Greg Roman was flat awful as an OC.

I am not here to sing the praises of the 2015 Niners because I have no idea how all those new players getting a shot will perform, but peeps here who call me a homer or say I'm being delusional to think its even POSSIBLE this could be a playoff team have no clue what they are talking about.

Whether you want to see it or not or you just wanna make jokes (totally your right BTW), it ain't as bad as peeps are letting on.

At least that is your HOPE. I think you're in for major disappointment this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2b53z0oa said:
Marvin49":2b53z0oa said:
hawk45":2b53z0oa said:

Dude.

At least that is your HOPE. I think you're in for major disappointment this year.

Possibly. At least I admit that unlike some who call me homer for even thinking it possible.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":lc37thgf said:
hawk45":lc37thgf said:

Dude.

Tomsula? Peeps who write him off based on his introductory interview are pathetic. Players love the guy. He's been one of the best D-Line coaches in the NFL. Will he make a great HC? Who knows, but Vegetable? ESL? Idiot Savant? That's just pathetic man. Those comments say far more about you than him.

Can't wait for the damn season to start.

Keep polishing that turd Marvin, it makes for great free entertainment. :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2bnqujv2 said:
rideaducati":2bnqujv2 said:
Marvin49":2bnqujv2 said:
hawk45":2bnqujv2 said:

Dude.

Possibly. At least I admit that unlike some who call me homer for even thinking it possible.

Possible? Yes...Probable? Not in my opinion.

As I have stated elsewhere, EXPECTING the niner D-line to be better when the three guys that will be manning the D-line have fewer total NFL snaps than Ray McDonald had LAST SEASON seems to be overly optimistic to me, but we see niner fans expressing that very sentiment quite a bit.

Niner fans seem to expect a guy that has a total of 83 carries in the NFL to be an improvement on Frank Gore too. That would be like me telling niner fans that I thought the Seahawk running game would be better if Marshawn Lynch was gone and Robert Turbin was now going to be the main back. Possible? Yeah, right.

Top those expectations off with niner fans thinking that their secondary IS, without a doubt, improved when we haven't even seen these guys play much, if at all, and we are bordering on delusion.

I won't even get into the coaching changes because that would just be rubbing it in.

Sure, ANYTHING is possible I guess...

NINEster

Reaction score
Scottemojo":24wgf0wa said:
Yeah, Harbs was an ass, but how do you replace his in game instincts?

The in game instincts that managed to lose to the eventual Super Bowl champion 3 years in a row? Kyle Williams on punt returns,the brilliant play calling inside the 5 yard line against the Ravens (and calling a timeout on the one legitimate play), and the end of the 2013 NFCC?

There's more I'm sure. Probably the two greatest coaching instincts I've ever seen harbaugh run would be lost from most here:

An onside kick against the Giants in 2011 regular season.
Fake punt against the Patriots in 2012 regular season.

LOL.

His great coaching "instinct" is just to play good ole smash mouth football.....defense, running game, and conservative passing. That's it. Oh, and he declined a safety against the Hawks in Wilson's first game against the 49ers to make the win easier while disappointing gamblers. That one too.

Just on the basis of his over-reliance on defense (which he plays no responsibility for), I'll ride out with the change. Harbaugh could have been a safe pick to get the Niners back to the playoffs this year, but then what? A one and done loss?

You know how many Andy Reid haters there are in Philly because he never got it done? Fair or unfair, it's how it is. And frankly Harbaugh is more at fault than Reid ever was because his stubborn mentality of not changing his offense (aka replacing Greg Roman who was running Harbaugh's offense) had a huge part to do with it. All of this while having a BROTHER in the league who did just that to great results.......TWICE.

There's a lot of uncertainty in SF, but at the same time plausible arguments were there that last year the 49ers were going to be better than 2013 on offense and worse on defense and that didn't happen. Many on here predicted the 49er offense would improve last year, and the defense would fall off a lot just like the mainstream coverage predicted.

The fact that the 49ers actually had decent first half offensive showings most of the season but utter crap in the 2nd half, every single time has to be a glaring mark on the coaching staff.

Looking at it as objectively as possible, the Harbaugh built Niners had a nice little run with their setup. Unfortunately that time ran out on that scheme of theirs offensively. Players succeeding in spite of the system (while physically losing it at the same time). NFC West defenses proclaiming to know the 49er offense just as well as the Niners themselves.

It's exciting times because it's different and the SB or bust expectation is gone (or at least on hold for us glass half full types). One thing that is undeniable even to .NET nation is that the 49er offense will no longer be as predictable as it once was. From traditional run blocking to zone, and only Kendall Hunter and his 30 snaps against the Seahawks remains from that backfield. No more Michael Crabtree.

A lot of changes are coming, and it's not like it will overwhelm any particular team. It's just that now it should be about physical talent vs. physical talent.

So my mantra will probably hold true this year: "The {insert team here} isn't as good or as bad as you think they are".

rideaducati

Reaction score
NINEster":n2techsl said:
Scottemojo":n2techsl said:
Yeah, Harbs was an ass, but how do you replace his in game instincts?

The in game instincts that managed to lose to the eventual Super Bowl champion 3 years in a row? Kyle Williams on punt returns,the brilliant play calling inside the 5 yard line against the Ravens (and calling a timeout on the one legitimate play), and the end of the 2013 NFCC?

There's more I'm sure. Probably the two greatest coaching instincts I've ever seen harbaugh run would be lost from most here:

An onside kick against the Giants in 2011 regular season.
Fake punt against the Patriots in 2012 regular season.

LOL.

His great coaching "instinct" is just to play good ole smash mouth football.....defense, running game, and conservative passing. That's it. Oh, and he declined a safety against the Hawks in Wilson's first game against the 49ers to make the win easier while disappointing gamblers. That one too.

Just on the basis of his over-reliance on defense (which he plays no responsibility for), I'll ride out with the change. Harbaugh could have been a safe pick to get the Niners back to the playoffs this year, but then what? A one and done loss?

You know how many Andy Reid haters there are in Philly because he never got it done? Fair or unfair, it's how it is. And frankly Harbaugh is more at fault than Reid ever was because his stubborn mentality of not changing his offense (aka replacing Greg Roman who was running Harbaugh's offense) had a huge part to do with it. All of this while having a BROTHER in the league who did just that to great results.......TWICE.

There's a lot of uncertainty in SF, but at the same time plausible arguments were there that last year the 49ers were going to be better than 2013 on offense and worse on defense and that didn't happen. Many on here predicted the 49er offense would improve last year, and the defense would fall off a lot just like the mainstream coverage predicted.

The fact that the 49ers actually had decent first half offensive showings most of the season but utter crap in the 2nd half, every single time has to be a glaring mark on the coaching staff.

Looking at it as objectively as possible, the Harbaugh built Niners had a nice little run with their setup. Unfortunately that time ran out on that scheme of theirs offensively. Players succeeding in spite of the system (while physically losing it at the same time). NFC West defenses proclaiming to know the 49er offense just as well as the Niners themselves.

It's exciting times because it's different and the SB or bust expectation is gone (or at least on hold for us glass half full types). One thing that is undeniable even to .NET nation is that the 49er offense will no longer be as predictable as it once was. From traditional run blocking to zone, and only Kendall Hunter and his 30 snaps against the Seahawks remains from that backfield. No more Michael Crabtree.

A lot of changes are coming, and it's not like it will overwhelm any particular team. It's just that now it should be about physical talent vs. physical talent.

So my mantra will probably hold true this year: "The {insert team here} isn't as good or as bad as you think they are".

I think Harbaugh's in game adjustments were definitely lacking.

Harbaugh was the last piece of the puzzle and now that the puzzle is finished, it's time to take it apart and put it back in the box and start a new one. Baalke grabbed a handful of puzzle pieces and shoved them into his pocket so he can get all the credit for finishing it later...The bad thing is, Baalke is going to have to go to bed before the puzzle gets finished because he is making the people he put in charge of the puzzle put it together face down.