Norv Turner Resigns From Minnesota. Seattle Should Pay Attn.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3s22z5m1 said:
To answer your question: the offense is playing poorly so far this year as well. Fewer sacks or not this offense doesn't scare anyone. Or if you think it does I'd be interested to hear where you think this offense shows potency.

Oh, the offense is putrid. I'm merely saying that I feel that the OL isn't as bad as we all think for pass pro is all. We used to be the exact opposite and I'm wondering how and when the shift happened.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3h8mv36l said:
I really want to know what amazing play caller we have waiting in the wings that will just flip a magic switch and correct all the offensive woes.
The bar is pretty low. It wouldn't be that difficult most to "step" over it.
8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":nnpid7my said:
Hahaha. Oh my oh my. I remember when the Niners were winning people were saying we need to fire Roman. Yes there were games they lost. But there were a ton of games won. Careful what you wish for. Fire Bevell you might end up hating it. Point is yes you lose a couple of games but your still in the drivers seat to win the West again and go to the playoffs. I'd do just about anything to switch places.

Here is a thought.

1. Fix that shitty o line
2. Get a true #1 receiver that the D fears.

The Hawks would be very tough to beat.
I think Roman is a bad OC, but our current guy makes him look like an offensive mastermind. Sign me up for Roman, or even the gawd awful Jeremy Bates.

HawkGA

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2a5qdf0m said:
Hasselbeck":2a5qdf0m said:
I really want to know what amazing play caller we have waiting in the wings that will just flip a magic switch and correct all the offensive woes.

Seriously. Would people rather Tom Cable call all the plays? Cause that's what we would get.

At least the team would go out and hit somebody. I mean, it might be the OC hitting somebody, but whatever.

HawkGA

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3np6fzo0 said:
Norv left voluntarily because they have no offensive tackles and no running game. With Peterson and both starting tackles out indefinitely, there's really no hope for that offense. Norv probably didn't want to be the irrational fall-guy for their fanbase, like another successful OC (in the Northwest) who's dealing with the same problems that are out of his control.

Zimmer was taken by surprise and sad to see Norv leave.

So Norv is a quitter? That's weak sauce. Reminds me of how What's-his-name left South Carolina because they weren't going to win that season.

Hawks46

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3luirhe9 said:
CodeWarrior":3luirhe9 said:
To answer your question: the offense is playing poorly so far this year as well. Fewer sacks or not this offense doesn't scare anyone. Or if you think it does I'd be interested to hear where you think this offense shows potency.

Oh, the offense is putrid. I'm merely saying that I feel that the OL isn't as bad as we all think for pass pro is all. We used to be the exact opposite and I'm wondering how and when the shift happened.

Pass protection hasn't been the issue as in years past. We're not letting immediate penetration up the middle, which is what killed our offense in the first half of last year. Our Tackle play is poor, but Carolina showed how to over come that with a mobile QB and crushing running game last year.

The problem with our offense is that we aren't running well which means teams don't have to stack the box and have an extra defender in coverage. We still use PA, but it's useless as teams don't believe it and we're not hitting defenses over the top like we're used to. Which means secondaries don't get stretched out, and sit on the short passing game, which we need to establish because our Tackles are weak and Wilson gets pressured fairly quickly. Also, running right at pass rushers slows them down and tires them out.

So to summarize: our run game sucks, it effects the passing game and we haven't been able to make adjustments in the passing game because most of our route trees are rudimentary. Which has been said for 3 or 4 years now.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Season is half over with no adjustments, no accountability and one of the worst offenses in the league.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'm excited to see what the offense does as Russ, Doug, Tyler, and Rawls get healthy.

The online is young and missing on execution.

Good things are on the way, please stand by.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Hawks46":35231rii said:
OkieHawk":35231rii said:
CodeWarrior":35231rii said:

Pass protection hasn't been the issue as in years past. We're not letting immediate penetration up the middle, which is what killed our offense in the first half of last year. Our Tackle play is poor, but Carolina showed how to over come that with a mobile QB and crushing running game last year.

The problem with our offense is that we aren't running well which means teams don't have to stack the box and have an extra defender in coverage. We still use PA, but it's useless as teams don't believe it and we're not hitting defenses over the top like we're used to. Which means secondaries don't get stretched out, and sit on the short passing game, which we need to establish because our Tackles are weak and Wilson gets pressured fairly quickly. Also, running right at pass rushers slows them down and tires them out.

So to summarize: our run game sucks, it effects the passing game and we haven't been able to make adjustments in the passing game because most of our route trees are rudimentary. Which has been said for 3 or 4 years now.

This. If we can't sell PA our offense doesn't click. Can't hit our explosive plays, the hallmark of our offense in years past.

Pass protection is also poor though.

NINEster

Reaction score
rlkats":2eg116f9 said:
Hahaha. Oh my oh my. I remember when the Niners were winning people were saying we need to fire Roman. Yes there were games they lost. But there were a ton of games won. Careful what you wish for. Fire Bevell you might end up hating it. Point is yes you lose a couple of games but your still in the drivers seat to win the West again and go to the playoffs. I'd do just about anything to switch places.

Here is a thought.

1. Fix that shitty o line
2. Get a true #1 receiver that the D fears.

The Hawks would be very tough to beat.

Where are you going to get money to pay for those things?

Get the RB, and focus on getting the run game going again.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Saw a headline today that Bradford found out Turner quit when his wife texted him the news alert she got. Ouch. I don't know Sam Bradford from Yosemite Sam, but I will say the poor guy's career does seem rather snake bitten. I'd be tempted to feel bad for him if he hadn't made millions from that crappy career.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LegendKiller":rpa3cwp2 said:
The reason our defense is so good is because they hold themselves to the highest standard. Apparently the offense does not

Are you sure it's not because our GM and coach have decided to dedicate almost 70% of our cap space to the defensive side of the ball so we have all pro type players all over the defense...............and a bunch of projects, has beens, never was's and inferior talent on the offensive side of the ball?

Defense
Earl Thomas - all pro
Richard Sherman - all pro
Bobby Wagner - all pro
Michael Bennett - all pro
Cliff Avril - all pro
KJ Wright - borderline all pro
Kam Chancellor - former all pro
Frank Clark - future all pro

Offense
Russell Wilson - all pro (hurt)
Jimmy Graham - former all pro (dinged up all the time)
Doug Baldwin - borderline all pro
Tyler Lockett - all pro special teams (hurt)

But yes, I'm sure it's the O-coordinator and because the offense doesn't hold themselves to a higher standard like 8 all pro type players out of 11 on defense.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who the OC is, the "fire the OC" thing will never change. People don't understand what they're seeing out there.

Threedee

Reaction score
HawkFan72":o8xppm03 said:
Hasselbeck":o8xppm03 said:

Seriously. Would people rather Tom Cable call all the plays? Cause that's what we would get.
Can't we just fire Bevell, and replace him with Turner, or Trestman, or Roman, or anyone...?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Threedee":hb01dd1l said:
HawkFan72":hb01dd1l said:
Hasselbeck":hb01dd1l said:

Can't we just fire Bevell, and replace him with Turner, or Trestman, or Roman, or anyone...?
No, because that would lead to more losses.

Threedee

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":gs20d25c said:
Threedee":gs20d25c said:
HawkFan72":gs20d25c said:
Hasselbeck":gs20d25c said:

How is this possible? Because we're midseason? If that's the case, the need to fire Bevell precedes the current season by considerable time.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Threedee":1dc04mjo said:
Siouxhawk":1dc04mjo said:
Threedee":1dc04mjo said:
HawkFan72":1dc04mjo said:

How is this possible? Because we're midseason? If that's the case, the need to fire Bevell precedes the current season by considerable time.
No. Simply because all those other OCs are inferior to Bevell in extracting peak production from our offense.

nanomoz

Reaction score
. . . Because his ass looks nice when he is walking away? I can think of no better reason.

Latest posts