Nothing But Love

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am old enough to realize that the post season is not a given or a right. It's a rarity and privilege each and every time.

11-5, won a wildcard playoff game and just fell short by 5 points on the road to make it to the NFC Championship, all while being incredibly depleted with injuries.

Not. Too. Shabby.

Once again, thank you Seahawks for another thrilling, frustrating, exciting, wonderful season.

12-4 or 13-3 next season sounds about right. Go HAWKS! See ya in August.

Rat

Reaction score
Good post. Impossible to not be sad it's over, but it was a great ride.

I think this is going to be an exceptionally fun offseason too. I'm kind of excited for it.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Agreed. This team gave its all, all season (and postseason) long, and I appreciate the entertainment they provided. They got further than I expected, and it was a fun ride from start to finish.

Here's hoping the team can bolster its defense and O-line in the offseason, and go into 2020-1 better prepared to make a legitimate run at the title.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Agree. Injuries were tough this year. Need a little bit of luck next time around. Not bad for a rebuilding year. Some things to correct as there always are.

THE TABS

Reaction score
In August, I would have gladly taken 11-5 and a playoff win, especially being #2 in the league in man games missed due to injury. However, after being 10-2 and being in position to stay home for the playoffs, I’m pretty disappointed how the season ended, especially since we always play well down the stretch.

We are in a great spot to take a giant leap this coming offseason. Anywhere between 60-80 million in cap space, along with 12 draft picks (counting comps). We all saw what JS could do with 4, and now he’ll have 12 (there’s that number again).

I’d just like to see some fundamental philosophical changes, such as a quicker, shortened up passing game, a smarter, more aggressive defense, and of course, a blown up, completely rebuilt offensive line.

Pete and John, you have your orders. Go to work.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just watched Pete's post game presser. He mentioned how this team feels like that 2012 team all over again. It was clear how truly passionate he feels about this particular group of players. KJ made a point on KJR a couple weeks back to mention how incredibly good they have it in regards to team chemistry.

The rebuild phase is long over. Now just be smart and make the proper additions and we are well on our way to another Championship.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
We got to get a #1 seed next year,we have never been to the Super Bowl without it.

I know people were making the silly "We're 8-1 on the road" comments but winning on the road in the playoffs is hard. The Packers are not the Steelers or Browns. We need HFA

chris98251

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":fajl99d1 said:
We got to get a #1 seed next year,we have never been to the Super Bowl without it.

I know people were making the silly "We're 8-1 on the road" comments but winning on the road in the playoffs is hard. The Packers are not the Steelers or Browns. We need HFA

We need health above everything.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It's been the best decade of Seahawk's football period.
Those screaming to blow it up now perhaps didn't live through the 80's and 90's, and maybe can't understand that.
This team battled through all the injuries and adversity, and made it to the divisional round of the playoffs.
Proud of these guys, the Hawks have a winning tradition, we're a lucky fan base.
Can't wait for next season!
Go Hawks!

MrThortan

Reaction score
I'm not even mad. Got to watch two extra games of my favorite football team. Excited for the future. I think we have a ton of draft picks this year so that should be exciting. It would have been amazing to have two more games, but we came up short today. I am sure Pete is already thinking about next year. Let's hope he makes some wise decisions.

John63

Reaction score
Thanks to the players, coaches not so much

kf3339

Reaction score
Thank you for the season Hawks. I'm over it and on to the next step.....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Already stoked for next season. If someone couldn't enjoy that season, I don't know what to tell you.
That was a blast.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
No Prosise next year! So, at least we know we won’t have to worry about one constant injured player on the 53 next year!

We have a lot of cap space and lots of picks. Looking forward to free agency and draft. Looking for the next Carson, Dissly, Griffin in the 2020 draft!

sutz

Reaction score
It was basically a great season of overachieving and a lot of 'next man up.'

Solid foundation to build on next year. All those young kids got a lot of good experience. Plug in a few more pieces, get healthy and back into shape and 2020 should be a blast.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This year went way beyond where I thought it would go.

11-5? How'd that happen?

The playoffs? Win one? Wow.

We got JaDeveon Clowney?

Lynch came back and gave us a couple of Beast moments?

Enough players on IR to almost make a complete team? And we still did all of that? Amazing!

And still, nobody wanted to play the Seahawks.

Sad ending, but I'm looking forward to studying the draft, and rebuilding the roster.

I'm all for bringing Marshawn back as a short down back like someone mentioned.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but outside of a few core guys: Wilson, Brown, Wagner, Wright, is this not a pretty young team? And I should preface that in that Wilson is not exactly old, for a QB

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is our new ceiling now. If you enjoy the ride until the ceiling? It is fun.

But I didn't bother to watch the 1st half, of a divisional playoff game because I have learned it rarely matters. I used to watch our 2 win teams back in the day. But I won't watch our 1st halves now.

We lost because we couldn't make up for a 3 TD deficit in the first half. Just like every other divisional playoff game since the Super Bowl loss.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2q7xhr0z said:
We lost because we couldn't make up for a 3 TD deficit in the first half

We lost because we were decimated by injuries and have a mediocre defense (and that's being kind), and if not for Russell we would have never even sniffed the Divisional round of the playoffs.

If you thought that Hawk team yesterday could win a SB? Then you were way too optimistic, reality is we overachieved because Russell had an MVP caliber year.

No way in hell if we pulled off that win yesterday with even more injuries to Clowney, Jefferson, etc that we were going to SF and winning, or beating whoever wins the AFC.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1l1gq4o7 said:
Already stoked for next season. If someone couldn't enjoy that season, I don't know what to tell you.
That was a blast.

Disappointment and criticism are normal.

But if you couldn't enjoy any of this season, you're going to be perpetually miserable. And who wants to live like that?

Latest posts