Nothing has really changed

HawkGA

Reaction score
The Seahawks are still likely to get the #2 seed in the playoffs. I think they will win out and I think the Lions lose at least 1 game, maybe two. Heck, they probably should have lost to the Bears yesterday.

We've seen all season long that the Bad Seahawks can lose to anybody.

We've also seen that the good Seahawks can beat anybody.

It all depends on who shows up.

All of that was true on Saturday. All of that is true today.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkGA":3qyx8hp8 said:
The Seahawks are still likely to get the #2 seed in the playoffs. I think they will win out and I think the Lions lose at least 1 game, maybe two. Heck, they probably should have lost to the Bears yesterday.

We've seen all season long that the Bad Seahawks can lose to anybody.

We've also seen that the good Seahawks can beat anybody.

It all depends on who shows up.

All of that was true on Saturday. All of that is true today.

Very true.

Seahawks will be the 2 seed. That didnt change at all yesterday.

The only thing that we learned yesterday is what we kind of suspected anyway.....this particular team, for whatever reason is very bipolar.

Capable of beating the best team in the NFL on the road. Capable of playing TERRIBLE.

Hopefully the good hawks show up when it matters most.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The aura of strength is diminishing with this team with every bad loss.

Wilson has looked anything but the QB we all saw against New England.

In some degree, this may not matter to the Hawks. They may be able to put this aside and move forward with relative ease. I just don't think any NFC playoff team is all that worried about facing Seattle at the moment.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Uncle Si":xhhpoqaz said:

In some degree, this may not matter to the Hawks. They may be able to put this aside and move forward with relative ease. I just don't think any NFC playoff team is all that worried about facing Seattle at the moment.

Nobody was worried about Green Bay a month ago.

Everybody was fawning Dallas until last night.

Giants suddenly look strong.

NFL "strength" is always in flux. Who cares if NFC teams arent trembling about playing Seattle right now. Its January that counts. If they can pull their stuff together, this matters little.

Time will tell.

classicaaron

Reaction score
nothing has changed and that's exactly what the problem is.

one week they are great the next they are terrible. cant win it all playing this way. so basically all this means is if they win the first playoff game they will just get blown out in the next one because they wont show up. we just have to hope the first playoff game they play isn't the one they don't show up in because then we wont even get the chance to watch a second playoff game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It is what it is. Green Bay is really playing well, just like Tampa Bay was. They lost a game, 80 plus games w/out a double digit loss. Move on and get ready to get that W on Thursday.
Hawks 30-13

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Things have changed, the Hawks now have the 4th best record in the NFC and had lost control of their own destiny to take the #2 seed. Detroit has 3 tough games remaining and the Hawks have 3 divisional games which are always tough. The Hawks need to make up two games on Detroit to now recover the 2 seed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1fa7ydqf said:
Uncle Si":1fa7ydqf said:

Nobody was worried about Green Bay a month ago.

Everybody was fawning Dallas until last night.

Giants suddenly look strong.

NFL "strength" is always in flux. Who cares if NFC teams arent trembling about playing Seattle right now. Its January that counts. If they can pull their stuff together, this matters little.

Time will tell.

Yeah, but the OP suggested nothing has changed.

Something has changed. The Hawks, for the first time in the Wilson era, have been beaten badly. It can be done. It has been done.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3nyog28c said:
Yet is has no bearing on the results we will se on Thursday night. Blowout

Beware the team with nothing to lose vs the team with everything to lose.

All depends on which version of the Hawks show up, and I don't think even they are certain which one that will be come Thursday.

classicaaron

Reaction score
im really depressed with this team today but I just have to say they have no chance of winning it all.

everyone around here tries to justify the losses, rams are a divisional tough game, tampa is just getting hot, Rodgers is just finding his stride. who exactly do you think makes the playoffs? every game is made up of a hot team, a player getting hot and the hawks are somehow going to rattle 4 straight wins off to win over good teams while playing emotionless half the time.

its just not going to happen. I hate to be a downer and don't want it to be true but it just is what it is. otherwise you sound like a stupid eagles fan with no concept of reality or football knowledge.

no superbowl worthy team has to try to justify losing to teams with worse records including some with terrible records or complaining about not playing in the cold or on grass. just stop the excuses, the team is slightly above average, will win the division and possibly a divisional round game if they get the bye and then get crushed the week after.

flame away but just being a realist

Uncle Si

Reaction score
classicaaron":cl5lx35i said:
im really depressed with this team today but I just have to say they have no chance of winning it all.

everyone around here tries to justify the losses, rams are a divisional tough game, tampa is just getting hot, Rodgers is just finding his stride. who exactly do you think makes the playoffs? every game is made up of a hot team, a player getting hot and the hawks are somehow going to rattle 4 straight wins off to win over good teams while playing emotionless half the time.

its just not going to happen. I hate to be a downer and don't want it to be true but it just is what it is. otherwise you sound like a stupid eagles fan with no concept of reality or football knowledge.

no superbowl worthy team has to try to justify losing to teams with worse records including some with terrible records or complaining about not playing in the cold or on grass. just stop the excuses, the team is slightly above average, will win the division and possibly a divisional round game if they get the bye and then get crushed the week after.

flame away but just being a realist

Well I can certainly understand your pessimism...

But the 2014 Patriots lost 33-20 to the Dolphins and 41-14 to the Chiefs....

Neither of those teams made the playoffs...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm a big picture guy after losses, and you're right nothing's really changed other than dropping out of the #2 seed spot.

But Detroit has a much harder remaining schedule than us, AND Stafford is hurt. So I like our chances.

That doesn't change the fact that our last two losses have been alarming to say the least. Pete Carroll teams don't get pushed around the field by inferior opponents late in the year, not like this.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1e1zyymw said:

This. Now teams know if they get up on the Seahawks, it's possible to take them out of the game and blow them out. You look at the players' body language in the 2nd half; they were beat and they knew it. Wilson had a freaking 1000 yard stare going on. Team looked in shock in the 4th quarter.

It also changes the perception that we're going to the Superbowl. Seeing as we're going to have to go on the road a minimum of 1 time, I'm not confident in our offense making that flight.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Hawks46":789oquab said:
Uncle Si":789oquab said:

This. Now teams know if they get up on the Seahawks, it's possible to take them out of the game and blow them out. You look at the players' body language in the 2nd half; they were beat and they knew it. Wilson had a freaking 1000 yard stare going on. Team looked in shock in the 4th quarter.

It also changes the perception that we're going to the Superbowl. Seeing as we're going to have to go on the road a minimum of 1 time, I'm not confident in our offense making that flight.
This last part is incorrect - we could be the #2 seed and not play away from CLink until the Superbowl.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3fbqavty said:
SoulfishHawk":3fbqavty said:
Yet is has no bearing on the results we will se on Thursday night. Blowout

Beware the team with nothing to lose vs the team with everything to lose.

All depends on which version of the Hawks show up, and I don't think even they are certain which one that will be come Thursday.
Exactly! Although I do believe the team as a whole will have some gusto to try and redeem themselves. Also, the Rams with a temporary head coach and knowing they can beat us will try to do something on prime time! Win or lose we just can't have anymore injuries from the dirty Lambs!

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Unless Pete can light a fire under this team, the number 2 seed is fading fast! Giants and Lions are catching fire while ours is going out!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":a07hkyfz said:
Unless Pete can light a fire under this team, the number 2 seed is fading fast! Giants and Lions are catching fire while ours is going out!

True, but they play each other next weekend, and the Lions have to play the Packers and Cowboys after that. So realistically they could lose out.

Giants have Lions, Eagles and Skins..........all three tough games.

So I'd agree with you if we didn't have by far the easiest remaining games, and two at home. If we don't get the #2 seed? We don't deserve a SB opportunity.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I disagree HawkGA, if we don't win every game 63-0, we are clearly terrible.

But really - THANK YOU for this post. Does it suck we got drubbed yesterday? Of course it does. But rest assured, we will win out to end the year. The Lions aren't going to do that.

We will be the 2 seed, we will get our coveted home playoff game, and who knows.. maybe Dallas is exposed and we host the NFCCG. Its not that far fetched.

Yes - it sucks how up and down this team is, but there's a lot of football left folks. And the Seahawks are going to be right in the thick of it.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Why do you guys keep bringing up the Giants? The best seed they can get is the 5th seed (unless they somehow pass up Dallas, in which case Dallas is the 5th seed).

Latest posts