Odhiambo

jammerhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1gz24s9c said:
Cable's saving grace might be Ethan Pocic, who I'm pretty sure was drafted without Cable's input. Put Pocic in at left tackle.

Is there any evidence Coach Cable had no input into drafting Pocic?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He did look pretty interesting early but that is not much basis for thinking Coach Cable was involved and in his drafting.

It,s sad that a 2nd round pick isn't seen by him to be good enough to crack the starting roster with the 'talent' ahead of him.

hawk45

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1yovbyh1 said:
MontanaHawk05":1yovbyh1 said:
Cable's saving grace might be Ethan Pocic, who I'm pretty sure was drafted without Cable's input. Put Pocic in at left tackle.

LT is the one position Pocic has never started at.

George Fant, Garry Gilliam, Drew Nowak, and J.R. Sweezy all say hello. Justin Britt at Center too.

The team has shown it will start an interpretive dancer at tackle. LOL at Pocic being a reach at any of the 5 positions.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pocic has been "double trained" like all our olinemen. Seems to be working well as we do have a very good backup center now. :2thumbs:

We always kind of double-trained guys, and we’ve seen how it’s paid off, especially in the last two years,” Cable said. “Most of the time, it takes a little more effort, a little more time from the coach’s side, because it’s a bigger investment. You’ve got to do more and work more.

“There’s also the ego of a player who says, ‘By God, I’m just a right guard, and that’s all I’ll be.’ That’s OK. They can go play for somebody else. They come here, and it’s one of the first things we tell them. We’re going to ask you to do a couple things. They know where they sit right away.”

hawk45

Reaction score
I will say that since Pocic was drafted by our team he probably sucks as well he's just waiting to get into real games to show it. I mean Odhiambo didn't look disastrous in pre-season. Glowinski once showed promise. The list goes on.

Maybe it's better he never sees the field and we can just live in the glow of the memories of his decent pre-season.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1mpvselw said:
hawknation2017":1mpvselw said:
MontanaHawk05":1mpvselw said:

What's that matter? Fant hadn't either. At least Pocic has post-middle school offensive line experience.

That's funny right there.

But then after laughing, I realized you weren't joking. Then I was sad.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawk45":2d7hfw15 said:
I will say that since Pocic was drafted by our team he probably sucks as well he's just waiting to get into real games to show it. I mean Odhiambo didn't look disastrous in pre-season. Glowinski once showed promise. The list goes on.

Maybe it's better he never sees the field and we can just live in the glow of the memories of his decent pre-season.

That could be part of the plan, keep him in the closet so grandma doesn't ask any questions and stir up more crap. This way we are free to go about our work, and spend another top pick on Ifedi or Fants backup next season.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":1dqhjl1f said:
Seanhawk":1dqhjl1f said:
hawknation2017":1dqhjl1f said:
MontanaHawk05":1dqhjl1f said:

What's that matter? Fant hadn't either. At least Pocic has post-middle school offensive line experience.

That's funny right there.

But then after laughing, I realized you weren't joking. Then I was sad.

Giphy