Offensive Coordinator replacement for 2016

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I would like to see us hire Michigan OC Tim Drevno. IMO, he was one of the main reasons behind Stanford's dominate style of play from 2007-2010 and the 49ers dominant play from 2011-2013. We witnessed what happened to the 49er offense in 2014 when Drevno left to coach at USC for a season. Now he has helped Michigan, which went through a decade of finesse offensive play, transform into playing physical, hard-nosed football. He was also Harbaugh's original play caller at San Diego when they were regularly putting up 40+ points per game in physical fashion.

Drevno has been with Harbaugh for most of his career, but he showed a willingness to leave him in 2014 when the right money and opportunity arose. He did some amazing things with Andrew Luck at Stanford, and even Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick showed flashes of good play when Drevno was there coaching. I think Drevno would be able to utilize our strengths better than Bevell, bringing creativity to the running game, and maximizing our usage of Jimmy Graham. His physical style would complement Tom Cable nicely as a play caller.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawknation2015":15b8ngxj said:
I would like to see us hire Michigan OC Tim Drevno. IMO, he was one of the main reasons behind Stanford's dominate style of play from 2007-2010 and the 49ers dominant play from 2011-2013. We witnessed what happened to the 49er offense in 2014 when Drevno left to coach at USC for a season. Now he has helped Michigan, which went through a decade of finesse offensive play, transform into playing physical, hard-nosed football. He was also Harbaugh's original play caller at San Diego when they were regularly putting up 40+ points per game in physical fashion.

Drevno has been with Harbaugh for most of his career, but he showed a willingness to leave him in 2014 when the right money and opportunity arose. He did some amazing things with Andrew Luck at Stanford, and even Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick showed flashes of good play when Drevno was there coaching. I think Drevno would be able to utilize our strengths better than Bevell, bringing creativity to the running game, and maximizing our usage of Jimmy Graham. His physical style would complement Tom Cable nicely as a play caller.

I'm on board with Drevno. I believe that Tim could be the OC and OL coach. This would be an upgrade over two guys - Bevell and Cable. One guy that excels in both areas. Definitely!!! :th2thumbs:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3f7r7707 said:
hawknation2015":3f7r7707 said:

I'm on board with Drevno. I believe that Tim could be the OC and OL coach. This would be an upgrade over two guys - Bevell and Cable. One guy that excels in both areas. Definitely!!! :th2thumbs:

Drevno has also worked in an offensive coordinator/co-offensive line coach role before with Stanford and the 49ers alongside Greg Roman. He could do that again with Cable.

Bwarren

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1vmd3zze said:
Bwarren":1vmd3zze said:
Linehan from Dallas, Washington Boy.
Why would Jerruh let him go?

Scott has wanted to return to Washington State and coach for a long time. A family thing. He gets a little tired of all the meddling

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Jason Garrett might get fired and he would be a great OC. Mike McCoy in San Diego might be out at the end of the year, and he's a good one.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I haven't read this entire thread to see if Norm Chow has been discussed, but Hawaii just poopcanned him.

nash72

Reaction score
Boy the offense really progressed today. I don't know who will replace Bevell, but it needs to be somebody. You cant defend him anymore.

andyh64000

Reaction score
We were lucky to win...incredibly stupid playing for the FG on the last drive with that much time left knowing they have a great FG kicker.

Cartire

Reaction score
Okay STOP.

Anyone who blames Bevell for our points today needs to relax and look at the game.

RW made plays that helped us. HE ALSO MISSED on many great plays. Im sorry. But RW was off for a long time today. He missed on wide-open guys. You guys can keep playing the cop-out thing and blame bevell. Or you can see what happened. Some great plays were missed because RW was scared in the pocket AND on the run.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vehyrdq said:
Siouxhawk":1vehyrdq said:
kearly":1vehyrdq said:
DavidSeven":1vehyrdq said:
If you try to go out any further than that, you're just talking about a young coordinator who likely isn't going to get a lot of HC opportunities. Again, if we apply this logic leage-wide, Kyle Shanahan, Pep Hamilton, Scott Linehan, etc. must suck too, as they also haven't been handed any HC jobs.

Pep Hamilton has been an OC for 2 years. Kyle Shanahan was fired by his own father. Scott Linehan is a former head coach and a crappy one at that.

I never said Bevell was so bad he couldn't get interviews. But interviews are often just part of a brainstorming session by teams.

Tenth year in the league, nobody has said yes to the guy. It's really hard for me to not put stock in that. Especially when the Bevell comments I hear outside of Seattle from league followers seem to wear a smirk every time. When that one league observer talked about Bevell going 'guru mode' before the SB, that's when I started to realize that the book is out on the guy.
As many comments you've heard besmirching him, I've heard as many more admiring him, especially around Minnesota, where they had to endure Musgrave for a few years. And speaking of Minnesota, that whole front office as a train wreck after Childress was let go. Rick Spielman is probably the lamest GM in the league, so you're not proving anything by saying it was a slap in the face to Bevell that the Vikings didn't retain him.

Besides, it's still my belief that Bevell is slated to be Pete's replacement when that time comes. And I'd be 100 percent behind it.
:34853_doh: :177692:

Lol. I'd rather have tomsula.
And he farts in pressers.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of Bevel's play calling but when it goes on this long it's not the OC. The guy is running Pete's offense to Pete's specifications. So I guess we Peted this one out . You don't get points for style in the NFL. A win is a win.

Latest posts