Offensive Coordinator replacement for 2016

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Why is this thread alive tonight?

Totally, totally embarrassing that Seahawks fans are talking about the offensive coordinator losing his job after that game.

We're better than this, aren't we?

chris98251

Reaction score
Norm Chow had a falling out with Pete I thought at some point, probably due to Chow being aggressive offensively, I think Barkley was the QB also and he was turning the ball over a lot.

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1k00qomq said:

Totally, totally embarrassing that Seahawks fans are talking about the offensive coordinator losing his job after that game.

The ineptitude of the game plan and also the execution of the offense is still a huge problem, getting away with a win and saying all is well is ignoring the Pink Elephant in the room.

With your knowledge and own web blog history you can't ignore this fact.

Enjoy the win, but acknowledge this offense has huge issues to fix still.

edogg23

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3afx0okq said:

We beat a team with their backup qb by 1 pt when our defense did not give up a single touchdown. Our offense was embarrassing, not the fans smart enough to realize when we have a serious problem.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3pbu594k said:

I don't see how you ignore deep bombs to 5'10" wide receivers on 3rd and short.

hawk45

Reaction score
I was pretty okay with bevell until the deep pass to Baldwin who was predictably blanketed up the sideline. On third down. The only time that works is if lightning strikes the cornerback. It was on a critical drive as well.
I thought Russ missed some today but always the same story with bevell. He's always there to call a WTF and not help matters at the worst time.
Thankfully after 3 years of bad OL play bevell decided shorter routes were a good idea (which Russ handled just fine). I guess he should get a cookie for that or something.

mrt144

Reaction score
Bevell seems determined to ignore what works and play away from that in some sort of weird anticipation that the defense will correct their mistakes.

Optimus25

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2jy7mrdy said:

Well, there was an embarrassing array of drives mixed in there today. And i mean third and four deep fade kind of embarrassing.

But hey, a win in spite of Bevell is a win. I'll always take it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thinking about it, Mike Price or Dennis Erickson, both are older granted, but both have great history with QB's both had great offenses where they went, Price's heat should be off now and Erickson as a OC I am sure would be a great fit without the higher profile of being a Head Coach.

Both Washington Natives ala Cable.

randomation

Reaction score
Frank Reich might be free after this season if SD cleans house would be interested to see what he can do.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
People are seriously suggesting Norm Chow as a viable replacement?

Laughable.

You all need to give your head a shake. Enjoy the win and stop this nonsense.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
This entire thread is out of Mr. Rogers Land of Make Believe.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1blc9mml said:
People are seriously suggesting Norm Chow as a viable replacement?

Laughable.

You all need to give your head a shake. Enjoy the win and stop this nonsense.

Yeah those suggesting Chow haven't seen a Chow lead offense since the USC days apparently.

massari

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":1hthkxml said:
OC Pep Hamilton just got fired from Colts today. Would we take a look at him?

A lot of "experts" think he's one of the best OC's in the NFL. What do you guys say, would he be a good fit for the Seahawks?

chris98251

Reaction score
I will say this, Matt looked good playing in that offense, Wilsons decision making is more along the line of Matts and could replicate his same success, the one thing Russell would have to learn is throwing into tighter windows though, that would take Pete saying play football and make good decisions, the defense will have your back if you make a mistake.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pep Hamilton was fired in the middle of the season for orchestrating a dumpster-fire, turnover-laden offense. I think he's being scape-goated a bit, but he's not some guru. He failed.

The funny thing about this suggestion is that he actually called a pick-slant at the goal line (yes, the same one as called on the Malcolm Butler INT) on 3rd down just a few weeks ago. Indy scored on it. Interestingly, no one here mentioned it was the worst playcall of all time then.

Whiz? Norm Chow? Come on.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Posted this in the Whiz thread in the NFL forum, but he really is one of the most overrated coaches in the history of the sport. Outside of his few years with Warner.. he hasn't been some offensive sage.. far, far from it actually.

Steelers offensive rankings under Whiz: 11th, 9th, 12th
Chargers offensive ranking under Whiz: 12th
Cardinals offensive ranking under Whiz WITHOUT Kurt Warner: 26th, 24th, 31st
Titans offensive ranking under Whiz: 30th, 31st (through 8 games)

Seahawks offensive rankings under Bevell: 9th, 8th, 10th

Not to mention he has NEVER developed a young quarterback. This is a huge reason why the Titans cut ties now.. they were taking Mariota no matter what in the draft, but they need a coach to develop him. That's clearly not Whisenhunt who failed with Leinart, Kolb, and Roethlisberger took off as a passer after Whiz left to Arizona.

Definitely not the coach you want to develop Russell Wilson further.

Latest posts