Offensive Coordinator replacement for 2016

Hawks46

Reaction score
DavidSeven":w5wdosq8 said:
Pep Hamilton was fired in the middle of the season for orchestrating a dumpster-fire, turnover-laden offense. I think he's being scape-goated a bit, but he's not some guru. He failed.

The funny thing about this suggestion is that he actually called a pick-slant at the goal line (yes, the same one as called on the Malcolm Butler INT) on 3rd down just a few weeks ago. Indy scored on it. Interestingly, no one here mentioned it was the worst playcall of all time then.

Whiz? Norm Chow? Come on.

You're kidding, right ? Hamilton took the fall for all the poor personnel decisions by Grigson the last few years. Drafting Dorsett in the 1st was terrible, when they needed OL help and defensive talent. Also, I heard on the radio that Indy has the 4th most amount of money tied up in their defense. That's way over paying for production.

Looking at when Hamilton was successful, he was great a run centric pro style offense that featured 2 TE sets and passing to the TE. I think that fits into Pete's philosophy. I think Hamilton would be a good fit here, but I don't think we get a sniff at him. Team presidents and owners with half a brain could see that Hamilton took the fall for Grigson and Pagano. I think him and Hue Jackson are two of the hotter names for HC gigs next year.

Latest posts