Offensive Coordinator replacement for 2016

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I don't think the OC is as much of a problem as we are out of context on player expectations.....Graham was in an offense with weapons like Devery Henderson, Marques Colston, Lance Moore and countless other WR's to compliment Graham. You also had an all time offensive game plan in Sean Payton.

The only real option is whether the front office starts to make moves before the November 3rd trade deadline which is during our bye week. If you trade a 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder for an Alshon Jeffrey, you at least have a true #1 WR, a true #2 in Lockett and #3 in Baldwin, with a true TE in Graham.

With cap savings of Harvin and Mebane coming off the books next year, you can sign Jeffrey to an extension. You also have potential savings with Marshawn Lynch and Okung after 2016 season.

As far as OC candidates, you can find reasonable playcalling for a song, but you also have to have someone willing to defer to Pete Carroll and right now, the buck starts and stops with Pete. He owns this process and anyone that could challenge Pete for leadership could be problematic.

uncle fester

Reaction score
The history with this Front Office suggests they would more than likely promote from within. So you fire Bevell, you get Cable as co-ordinator. Or Cable gets passed over for one of the current position coaches (as was Norton Jnr) and probably leaves. (Leading to yet more uncertainty on the O line - now you've got a handful of defensive project players starting with an O line coach who isn't used to the idea.)

There's your hire.

ARhawk

Reaction score
I would love it if we could have Sean Payton calling plays if he gets fired. Although I don't think Pete would be willing to completely change the offensive identity that would come with Payton.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ARhawk":3rlekfqu said:
I would love it if we could have Sean Payton calling plays if he gets fired. Although I don't think Pete would be willing to completely change the offensive identity that would come with Payton.

Payton will get a HC job somewhere. Book it.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":1o66de0h said:
The only real option is whether the front office starts to make moves before the November 3rd trade deadline which is during our bye week. If you trade a 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder for an Alshon Jeffrey, you at least have a true #1 WR, a true #2 in Lockett and #3 in Baldwin, with a true TE in Graham.

Why would Chicago ever make that trade? #1 caliber wide receivers on rookie contracts aren't traded for 3rd rounders. The delusion on .NET sometimes...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Chip Kelly might be available - though I think he would prefer to return to college. Otherwise I like SeatownJay's idea.

Whoever it would be, I don't think it will matter. Pete has a box and he wants people to buy into it. Which works on D; not so much on O.

nategreat

Reaction score
I know a guy who sells hotdogs outside of the stadium. He'll do.

kf3339

Reaction score
If PC wants another SB win or two before he retires then the best choice is Sean Payton. If anyone can work with Wilson and get him to the next level it is him. Also you have to figure he can get Graham to ball which right now isn't happening at all.

Fade

Reaction score
Pipe Dream - Mike Shanahan
Realistic - Sark
Reality - Bevell :pukeface:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Since we are throwing spaghetti at the wall, how bout, Aaron Roderick-Utah or Jake Spavita- Texas A&M.

Threedee

Reaction score
Payton is a notorious douche, so I'm not sure we want that baggage.

Sark is intriguing, and since his wife recently left him, he might bond well with Russell, as they'll have a bit in common.

I wanted Trestman before, although after that terrible play calling on TNF against the Steelers, I'm not sure anymore. He looked like Bevell, and the Ravens escaped because of Mad Dog Vick and the Steelers kicking game.

mrt144

Reaction score
Someone who wants to leverage it into a HC position, has schemes that can leverage RW but is also cognizant that passing in needs to have opportunities to succeed.

Can we send Bevell to football camp in the off season?

Latest posts