OFFICIAL GAMEDAY COUNTDOWN!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
My #92 memory is not a good one. It should have been a great one, but the refs ruined it.
It was the start of the 2017 season. As always in the Schneider/Carroll era, so much promise as the season started. I was so excited when the Seahawks got Sheldon Richardson (he got uniform number 91, which I think is today's number, but I'm telling a #92 story a little late because I was out listening to samba and eating feijoada yesterday... @pmedic920, I don't mean any disrespect by doing this, but if you remove this post, I'll understand, because you did state at the beginning quite clearly that we should keep it on that day's number). The season started with the Seahawks #92 at the time, Naz Jones, getting a pick-six against Aaron Rodgers. On that play, that dirty cheater Davante Adams punched Jeremy Lane and clearly should have been ejected, but the officials instead ejected Lane and used it as an excuse to take back the pick-six. It was an egregious error by the officials, a warning (I didn't heed) of the crap that was to come that season, and since then, I have never referred to that receiver (from the Packers and now the Raiders) without prefixing his name with "that dirty cheater." It's so appropriate that that dirty cheater Davante Adams has gone to play for a team that has historically been proud of playing dirty and cheating.

As for 91, @Aros clearly got the one who did the most with Seahawks number 91.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My #92 memory is not a good one. It should have been a great one, but the refs ruined it.
It was the start of the 2017 season. As always in the Schneider/Carroll era, so much promise as the season started. I was so excited when the Seahawks got Sheldon Richardson (he got uniform number 91, which I think is today's number, but I'm telling a #92 story a little late because I was out listening to samba and eating feijoada yesterday... @pmedic920, I don't mean any disrespect by doing this, but if you remove this post, I'll understand, because you did state at the beginning quite clearly that we should keep it on that day's number). The season started with the Seahawks #92 at the time, Naz Jones, getting a pick-six against Aaron Rodgers. On that play, that dirty cheater Davante Adams punched Jeremy Lane and clearly should have been ejected, but the officials instead ejected Lane and used it as an excuse to take back the pick-six. It was an egregious error by the officials, a warning (I didn't heed) of the crap that was to come that season, and since then, I have never referred to that receiver (from the Packers and now the Raiders) without prefixing his name with "that dirty cheater." It's so appropriate that that dirty cheater Davante Adams has gone to play for a team that has historically been proud of playing dirty and cheating.

As for 91, @Aros clearly got the one who did the most with Seahawks number 91.
Dave Wyman wore #92. Solid player and he is still around the Seahawks as their radio play by play analyst. More recently, Brandon Mebane wore that number too.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Dave Wyman wore #92. Solid player and he is still around the Seahawks as their radio play by play analyst. More recently, Brandon Mebane wore that number too.

Oh, I know. Mebane is pretty clearly the player who did most with that uniform number in Seahawks history, and Wyman is pretty clearly second. Lamar King, mentioned above by @SonicHawk, is pretty clearly third. And after that, there's really very little. Naz Jones may well be the fourth-most-productive #92 in Seahawks history.

But there are only 91 days before the Seahawks' season opener. @Aros already identified the guy who did the most with that uniform number: Clemons.

Mone currently holds uniform number 91. He used 92 for a season, but I'm trying to get us on 91 to minimize the trouble I'm in with @pmedic920 for having reopened the discussion of 92 today. 😬

Sheldon Richardson did reasonably well in his one season with the Seahawks, when he used uniform number 91. Nothing special, not a Pro Bowl-worthy season, but still pretty good for that number for the Seahawks. This Seahawks uniform number is very clearly Clemons's for the moment. Another player could still easily make it "his," because Clemons only used it for four seasons, but for now, there are clearly two categories of players that have worn #91 for the Seahawks: the "Clemons" category and the "everybody else" category.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
90 days to real Seahawks football!

I agree with @pmedic920's choice, even though I think Reed is probably just the second-most-productive with uniform number 90 in Seahawks history.

Reed used uniform number 90 from 2016 through 2018, then again in 2020, and has reacquired it now for the 2023 season.

In 2019, you may recall, Reed and Jadeveon Clowney came to an agreement so Clowney could use uniform number 90 for the season. When I went to the only Seahawks home game I've attended so far, Reed and Clowney were both there. Reed was wearing a number that has already gone by in this countdown (yesterday's number), and Clowney was wearing #90.

So who do I think probably did more overall with Seahawks uni number 90 than Reed? Terry Wooden, a linebacker who played in 89 games for the 'Hawks (started 87 of them) from 1990 through 1996.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
90 days to real Seahawks football!

I agree with @pmedic920's choice, even though I think Reed is probably just the second-most-productive with uniform number 90 in Seahawks history.

Reed used uniform number 90 from 2016 through 2018, then again in 2020, and has reacquired it now for the 2023 season.

In 2019, you may recall, Reed and Jadeveon Clowney came to an agreement so Clowney could use uniform number 90 for the season. When I went to the only Seahawks home game I've attended so far, Reed and Clowney were both there. Reed was wearing a number that has already gone by in this countdown (yesterday's number), and Clowney was wearing #90.

So who do I think probably did more overall with Seahawks uni number 90 than Reed? Terry Wooden, a linebacker who played in 89 games for the 'Hawks (started 87 of them) from 1990 through 1996.
It’s perfectly acceptable if you want to add your own pix.
There is no reason we can’t have multiples on each or some days.

And I’m certainly not trying to make this about most productive or popular by any means.
Hell, a few of these I’ve struggled to find a picture that wasn’t copyright protected and would allow me to post.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There are two greats who wore 89 but I think I know which one he is going for...

BASF

Reaction score
My number 90 would be the unsung Marcus Tubbs. Everyone and their mother talks about the 2005 offense, but the major improvement that season was with the defense. The '05 defense was our first good defense in fourteen years, and the big man in the middle was the rock that allowed rookie Lofa Tatupu to make a major impact. His career was plagued by injuries and ultimately cut short, but I loved the way he played. No one really remembers that Tubbs injury in the middle of the season was the reason our winning streak was in jeopardy as we beat the Niners by two and the Giants by a field goal. Those two games saw their running game controlling the clock. Who knows how his career would have turned out if his knees could have stayed healthy.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I'm guessing just about everyone sees it the way I do: there are two players at the top here.
The one @pmedic920 identified as his second-favorite is also my second-favorite, but there is a decent argument that that player is the one who did the most with that uniform number for the Seahawks, at least in part because he was around longer.
There's a decent argument, but In the end, I think I still take the other one - the one who was around more recently, and who was my all-time favorite with that number - because the one pictured above never had a season anything like #89 had in 2015. In fact, he never even had seasons as good as the ones #89 had in 2013, 2016, or even 2017.
In my view, BB was around longer, but DB had seasons that were sufficiently better to make up the difference.
I like both quite a bit, though. This number has been good for the Seahawks. And I certainly understand if other Seahawks fans prefer BB.

I'm hoping the current holder of #89 for the Seahawks, Uncle Will, has a great season with it in 2023.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Brian Blades was one of those guys that when I first started watching the Hawks I loved. It's just I get to associate Doug with the above picture and BB with so many mediocre seasons.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I hear you, but he's still deserving of a 89 Days Left pic... (y)

Capture