OFFICIAL GAMEDAY COUNTDOWN!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
From memory, it really didn't feel like he was here that long.

Yeah, too lazy to look his tenure up. He was a great player but I never thought of him as a "true" Seahawk. I think it's because of the comments he made after he left. I don't recall them now all these years later but I remember thinking at the time "don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya". His allegiance was elsewhere even if he did make some great plays for us. As good as he was, I rarely think about him unless someone brings his name up.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Because he got left out yesterday.

Will Dissly

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1415.jpeg
    IMG_1415.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Strangest number so far.
I don’t even remember most of the players that wore #85

Mike Pritchard 1996-99 (because he seems to be the guy that offered the most value out of them all). 1991draft he was 13th overall, one of 9 players drafted out of Colorado that year.
I honestly don’t remember him playing for us.

Attachments

• IMG_1431.jpeg
    IMG_1431.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1430.png
    IMG_1430.png
    256.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe Paul Johns (could find any images of him with that number) and Doug Thomas wore#85

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Joey Galloway
(Anyone remember my Got Galloway? Shirts?)

C764B14D D655 4243 AD74 454B92610CD0

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Dareke Young currently has Seahawks uniform #83.

I think Raible certainly deserves special attention because of his contributions in the booth after his playing days. I can "hear" in my head two specific phrases without even trying: "holy catfish!" and "touchdown Seahawks!" I tried to find a way to be able to hear his broadcasts of Seahawks games rather than have to listen to crap like Aikman and (dum)B(f)uck or that senile idiot Dick Stockton, but none of the free VPNs I found fooled the listen-via-internet site into thinking I was within 100 miles of what was then the CLink (now Lumen Field).

It's weird, but Branch might well be the player who did the most with uniform number 83 for the Seahawks.
Lockette was one memorable player who used it fairly recently. The injury that ended his career was scary.

The memory of Seahawks uni number 83 that comes to mind immediately is from the first game I ever watched with other Seahawks fans, which was in November of 2018 even though I've been a Seahawks fan since '76.

I had gone to Las Vegas for the big annual Amazon Web Services event called Re:Invent in late November of 2018.
At the airport, when I was standing in line to get some Re:Invent-related stuff before going to the hotel, I saw some guys in line and at least one of them was wearing a Seahawks cap. I said "go 'Hawks!" and we talked a little. When I arrived at my hotel (the MGM Grand), football games were on big screens behind the check-in desks. I already knew that the Seahawks-Panthers game had started, and I quickly found the screens showing it. After checking in, I ran up to my room, put on a Seahawks jersey, and went down to the MGM Grand's sports book to watch the Seahawks game. I remember thinking the Seahawks pretty much had to win to have a shot at the postseason, but I have to confess I don't remember the details as I write this, so I'm going to look at the numbers...
OK, the Rams were 10-1, the Saints 9-1, the Bears (!!) 7-3, the Panthers and Washington 6-4, the Vikings 5-4-1, and the Seahawks and Cowboys 5-5. "Only" six teams from each conference made the playoffs (the NFL is still not at NHL/NBA levels of ridiculousness, where those two leagues play 82-game seasons to eliminate fewer than half the teams, but seven teams per conference is already pretty ridiculous), and the Seahawks were seventh in the conference at the time.

When I got to the sports book, I saw that all the NFL games being played (plus a bunch of other sports events) at that time were on big screens. Some games were on multiple screens. And I was thrilled to see that there were a bunch of other people around wearing Seahawks gear. I met a few who came and stood close to where I was standing, including the guys I had met at the airport (when we were at the airport, I didn't know we were staying in the same hotel, because Re:Invent was being held at seven hotels, plus I knew that a friend who was working at the same company as I and was also at Re:Invent had had to get a room at a hotel near mine, because there were no rooms left in any of the seven Re:Invent hotels). It was so cool to be able to talk live (not in an online forum discussion) with other Seahawks fans about players, plays, the state of the game, everything.
Late in the fourth quarter (3:33 remaining, and yes, I had to look that up), with the Seahawks down by seven, the Seahawks had the ball and was fourth down (that part I remembered) and short (looked it up: 4th and 3). Then the play at 9:35 in the video linked below happened (I tried to make a link with the specific time of the play, but because the NFL doesn't want people watching this video from sites other than YouTube, it'll show "video unavailable" here, so you'll have to click on "watch on YouTube" to see it, and the time part of the URL ("&t=575") doesn't stick when that happens, so just jump to 9:35 in the video on YouTube :rolleyes:)

After more than 42 years of being a Seahawks fans, I was able to celebrate a big Seahawks moment with other Seahawks fans for the first time. It's hard to express how happy that made me.

I liked Moore, and he participated in several memorable plays in his time with the Seahawks. I think this one was the best. The Seahawks tied the game with that big ol' TD and the extra point, and then actually won at the very end of regulation time - no overtime needed - with a field goal.

Other memorable things happened in that game, but they involved uniform numbers we won't see in this thread for a while yet. There's one in particular I might post here 51 days from now.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Luke Wilson (one of my personal favs)

IF you want to hear some of the best SB49 player opinions go listen to him on KJ’s podcast posted just below. He discusses “the play” in detail, Jimmy Graham, Pete, and some other very interesting stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpeg
    IMG_1438.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: