OFFICIAL GAMEDAY COUNTDOWN!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kevin Bentley also wore #57 for the Seahawks. He played a key role in the 2005-06 NFCCG against the Panthers. He would engage Steve Smith at the LOS and knock him off his route. Smith got so frustrated by this. Smith only had 5 receptions for 33 yds receiving. Seahawks won that game 34-14.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Seahawks uniform number 55 is currently being used by new acquisition Dre'Mont Jones.

As a representative of the "get off my lawn" demographic here on .NET, I'll include a pic Michael Jackson, a linebacker for the Seahawks from 1979 (third-round pick) to 1986, and possibly the player who did the most with that number in the history of the team.
I grew up in Maine, so news about the Seahawks in locally available media was quite limited (my parents got me a subscription to the Seahawk Report because of this). One thing I remember being reported was when Seahawks linebacker Michael Jackson was hospitalized at some point in the 1980s, and a bunch of people who heard that Michael Jackson had been hospitalized thought it was the singer Michael Jackson and went to the hospital to wish him well.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
54 days until the first real Seahawks game of the season.
The player currently using Seahawks uniform number 54 is the greatest ever to wear it. He has been a key part of the Seahawks defense since his rookie season, including the great defenses of 2012-2016. He's been first-team All-Pro six times and second-team All-Pro three times. He even got a vote for league MVP in 2014. I expect him to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as soon as he's eligible. Even with the addition of uniform number 0 (zero), the Seahawks can only retire a few more numbers. It's pretty clear to me that uniform number 54 should be the next one retired.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Superbowl MVP Malcolm Smith days away from kickoff!

Attachments

• malcolm-smith-super-bowl-xlviii-mvp-1jpg.jpg
    malcolm-smith-super-bowl-xlviii-mvp-1jpg.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1

Jerhawk

Reaction score
One of my favorite players. Lofa Tatupu. Fun fact: The photographer at my wedding was his sister, or so she claimed.

It was a joy watching Lofa play with so much tenacity and heart. For an undersized player, he made a big impact on our '05 squad. He played with a unique style, lining up about 10-15 yards behind the LOS, but boy when he got moving watch out. He was the little engine that could out there.

Attachments

• 78788690_crop_north.jpeg
    78788690_crop_north.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
We're 50 days away from the first regular-season Seahawks game.
The player currently using Seahawks uniform number 50 is Vi Jones.
As for players that have worn Seahawks uniform number 50 previously, I'm gonna post a pic of a player from "the old days" and a player from the Carroll-Schneider era. They are quite clearly the two players who did the most with that uniform number in Seahawks history.

I choose Fredd Young to represent "the old days." Young was drafted by the Seahawks in the third round of the 1984 draft. He didn't start in his rookie season, but played in all 16 games and made the Pro Bowl as a special-teamer. He also made the Pro Bowl in his second and third seasons, as a special teamer and then as a linebacker, and then in his fourth season, he was first-team All-Pro as a linebacker and placed third in the voting for Defensive Player of the Year, the only player to get votes other than Reggie White with a 21-sack season and Bruce Smith in his first truly great season.

After that great 1987 season, Young went to the Colts, never made another Pro Bowl, and retired after three years due to injuries. However, he was really good for his entire tenure with the Seahawks. Before the Carroll-Schneider era, Young was clearly the player who had done the most wearing Seahawks uniform number 50.

To represent the players from Carroll-Schneider run of success, I choose the player most people associate with the number 50 for the Seahawks: K.J. Wright. Wright only made one Pro Bowl in his ten years with the Seahawks, but he was a really important part of the Seahawks defense and a player many fans liked, and I don't recall running across any Seahawks fans that didn't like him. Wright is very clearly the player who did the most wearing Seahawks uniform number 50, easily surpassing Young.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Hollister, despite only having worn Seahawks uniform number 48 for a single season (2019), is in the running for the player who did the most with it. This is probably the uniform number, out of all the ones we've seen so far (48-99), that offers the most opportunity for a player to make it "his" and be the Seahawks player who did the most with it.

Nobody on the current Seahawks roster is using this uniform number right now. It's one of the very few non-retired Seahawks uniform numbers not in use.

Latest posts