Official SBXLVIII Patch

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I couldn't tell...I wish they would have a close up of the patch, but what turns me off is that the patch is on the wrong side. For some reason many jerseys are being sold with the patch on the right breast even though the players wore the patch on the left breast. That may not matter to some but that is precisely the kind of detail that would bug the crap out of me. :D

And another reason why I want the authentic patch so I can get a custom authentic jersey and have it sewn on in the exact right location.

Stupid graphic designer in me. :)

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Aros
we must be cut from the same cloth!!

(lets not talk about the SB ring design!)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3c5buv4l said:
I hope those don't become impossible to find. I don't want any cheap knock offs...Dang...Okay I will keep looking...
LOL, I think I got a way to get one of those patches :mrgreen:
Just buy one of the Broncos XLVIII game played jerseys, take a pair of scissors or exacto knife, and voila :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":1133khre said:
I couldn't tell...I wish they would have a close up of the patch, but what turns me off is that the patch is on the wrong side. For some reason many jerseys are being sold with the patch on the right breast even though the players wore the patch on the left breast. That may not matter to some but that is precisely the kind of detail that would bug the crap out of me. :D

And another reason why I want the authentic patch so I can get a custom authentic jersey and have it sewn on in the exact right location.

Stupid graphic designer in me. :)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was bugged by this.

Not to mention we wore the away jerseys and they're throwing the patch on the opposite side on all the jerseys.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Aros":niv5ipnz said:
Actually there is a difference. If you look at the official player's patches (in my photo of the Broncos jersey, that's one of the actual Bronco player's jerseys) it looks like there is a concentric line pattern that follows the lines of the letters XLVIII and even the football. Yours has a spackle or dotted effect. However, it appears that yours is the same exact design/mold, just with a different texture. I would still be good with that, but now I'm on a mission to get one of the actual, official authentic patches. :)

The NFL shield is on the Lombardi on the authentic one too. There is no shield on that one.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seanhawk":2nnaih3e said:
The NFL shield is on the Lombardi on the authentic one too. There is no shield on that one.

Good catch!

Alright, SOMEBODY has to have a connection out there that can find us the authentic patches! Come on 12's!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's some better quality photos of the patch. You can really see the lines within the letters and Lombardi.

Everything I have seen on eBay and on the Internet for sale are cheap imitations. The version pmedic has is the closest quality replicas I have seen and if indeed I cannot get my hands on the original authentic, those will work. But I refuse to give up!

Attachments

• 1391034751000-AP-Super-Bowl-Football.jpg
    1391034751000-AP-Super-Bowl-Football.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,959
  • patch-300x300.jpg
    patch-300x300.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,959

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aros":1d86qlup said:
Here's some better quality photos of the patch. You can really see the lines within the letters and Lombardi.

Everything I have seen on eBay and on the Internet for sale are cheap imitations. The version pmedic has is the closest quality replicas I have seen and if indeed I cannot get my hands on the original authentic, those will work. But I refuse to give up!

Problem is I can't even find them being sold separately.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawks46":flj1h6wo said:
Aros":flj1h6wo said:
pmedic, that looks like the real deal to me. Even if it's not, I'm good with that version. It sure looks authentic.

I had the same thought. If that's not the "original" game worn one, it looks good enough for me.

That came on one from the NFL site ?

Anyone know if the ones on fanatics.com are of this quality ?

Just asked my wife. The jersey she got me (pictured above) came from fanatics.

Riley12

Reaction score
The patch (or badge) is made of a material called Chromaflex. Anything that is embroidered (like most/all of them on ebay and amazon)
are not authentic.

Swedish and I, and quite a few others, have been discussing this for a while. I, too, want three authentic looking patches for a #12 custom jersey,
my son's custom #20 Lane and my daughter's #25 Sherman (custom from his rookie training camp days).

Also, I learned at the Pro Shop on Occidental today that they may start making customizable jerseys with the SBXLVIII patch, but the
contractor is super busy filling other orders, notably stuff for the impending Mariners season. They will hear more in about a month or so.
This was not from the manager (asian lady) but some guy stocking the shelves.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I ordered my custom as soon as I could. W/O the patch. I just knew these things would be easy to come by. Shows how much I know, right. Where did all the Denver jerseys go? We could get all the patches we need from them. Not worth a trip to some 3rd world country, but almost.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
pmedic920":v6dxnza9 said:
This is on the jersey my wife got me. It came from one of the official sites.

Again the patch is not embroidered, it is a rubbery/ plastic type material.
I do not know if the actual players game jerseys have the same patch or not. If anybody know for a FACT please post up.

u7epevu9.jpg

uny7y9u5.jpg

That patch is the real deal. It is NOT the same exact as the player's jerseys but it is the patch made by the same company. Those should be the ones to keep an eye out for.

Riley12

Reaction score
^
Right! THAT is a ChromaFlex. Different texture inside the numbers and no NFL shield on the Lombardi, but very close.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
The player's jerseys patches have the same lines or ridges as the one pictured above (behind the roman numerals) that run through out the silver of the Lombardi trophy.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I missed the original thread on this issue Riley12. I see a fellow Brother in Arms is fighting the fight as well. Great! The more 12's on the case, the better chance we have to get some authentics, or at least the ones pmedic have which as you say are also the ChromaFlex variety, which is the only ones I want. Our Seahawks finally won the Super Bowl after 38 years of trying. I don't want no stinkin' imitation patch. I feel we deserve that much.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I think it boils down to greed by the NFL. Sell a $15 patch we can add to a jersey? Or force us to buy their New Jersey. At least they can make a $250 elite with a REAL patch.

Claden

Reaction score
That one from fanatics looks pretty good. But I too, am bugged by it being on the right chest instead. :/
I wouldn't mind a heads up on any player type patches if they can be found.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Since the other thread I missed was the original, I will stop posting in this one, and take up camp at the other one. Everybody else please feel free to do the same.