Official SBXLVIII Patch

depecheSeahawk

Reaction score
This is the closest I've seen as far as having the detailed lines. Has "champions" on it though. As cool as seeing champions on it is, I wish it didn't have it.

Seahawkschamp9a

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Sorry, gents. My buddy who's daughter works at Nike, just told me it's a one of a kind, that they aren't for sale anywhere.

pmedic920

Reaction score
depecheSeahawk":sa0ydwq8 said:
This is the closest I've seen as far as having the detailed lines. Has "champions" on it though. As cool as seeing champions on it is, I wish it didn't have it.

Seahawkschamp9a

To me this looks like a photoshopped picture. Or a conglomeration or two things. The patch it's self looks like the game worn chromaflex patch, but the word "champions" looks embroidered.
Notice the little gap at the bottom right side of the "V".
I'm just not sure what's going on with this one. Can you post a link to the source?

Edit: I just found the patch in this picture on eBay. In the description it states this is an embroidered patch. I'm guessing the photo is only to give an idea of how it will look.

Riley12

Reaction score
I didn't get nuthin' from no buddy

Sorry for the drunk post

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2swlwdfe said:
Riley12":2swlwdfe said:
Just got a set of these today from a wonderful .netter. The loops, etching and whorls match the player badges, not the consumer version. They are plastic, not rubbery, but I think I can make them work. Now it is time to get a jersey worthy of it.

IMG 0590 zps013953f5
That is awesome. How big is that patch? Pmedic posted a few pics in the other thread of the same exact patch, only a lot smaller and on a hat.

The plastic reproductions are true to size. Correct size as we've seen on the players jerseys.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice try. I wish we could find the real patch though. Sorry guys, he was just kidding. Nobody has that patch outside of the players.

Riley12

Reaction score
Yes, please stop quoting my post with the picture.

It was a bad joke gone wrong.

I will submit myself for my public lashings before the first preseason game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bump.
I don't always eat cookies I didn't bake myself. But when I do, I want them to taste like this.
24038334a400c03dc33d8f71263d9555.jpg

pmedic920

Reaction score
No, after some testing and talking to others, I went with the E6000 adhesive.
I applied it liberally leaving a boarder without glue, so it wouldn't seep out around the edges. I put a layer of non stick aluminum foil on both sides, then pressed it with a heavy weight ( 1000 rnd box of 5.56 ammo).
Left to dry without disturbing for 36 hrs.
It's not stuck around the very edge but it is stuck.
No glue showing.
I would recommend this way to others. I'm happy with the outcome.

Edit:
I forgot to mention what I feel is the most important step.
I used a wire wheel on variable speed drill to scuff the back of the patch. Like you would scuff a patch on a bicycle tire.
This gives the glue something to grab ahold of. It also left the patch slightly more flexible.
Be careful to do a little at a time, take it easy. Would be easy to burn through the patch if you go to fast.
If you don't have a wire wheel and drill, I think some course sand paper would do the job. Just make sure ALL dust and junk is off the patch before gluing.
Remember you want the back of the patch rough not smooth.
E6000 can be found at just about any craft store, hardware store. I got mine from the craft section of walmart.
4 small tubes on a card for less than $5
Y'all feel free to PM if you have any ?s

sc85sis

Reaction score
Don't know whether this was mentioned; the company that made the patches in the actual Super Bowl jerseys is Fiberlok Inc, 811 Stockton Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524. Phone:
(970) 221-1200

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Not a big deal. I gotta get a bigger Seahawks patch but I will soon because I'm just bout that action.

VwW5tIr

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":wj3q0alp said:
Not a big deal. I gotta get a bigger Seahawks patch but I will soon because I'm just bout that action.

VwW5tIr

that jacket is a thing of beauty.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":14lxmmvy said:

VwW5tIr

that jacket is a thing of beauty.