Officiating

253hawk

Reaction score
Cards = 1 penalty all day, a false start for 5 whopping yards. Last game was 1 false start and 2 offensive holds I think.

0 penalties on defense against us in 2 games. The only 2 games they've had 0 in all season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":pk0bw4qy said:
big time holding two plays in a row on Irvin....not called. they weren't questionable, they were obvious.
Yep, even my Wife was pissed about their holdings on Irvin and a few others that weren't being called.
I was busy with watching other Players on our Defense at the time, until she kept yelling at the TV, LOL, then on replay I saw what was pissing her off so much.
If we'd have lost a close game because of it (like in the past) it wouldn't have been quite so funny, eh?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
They certainly seemed to get the "call hands to the face tight" memo.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":wc5qw59m said:
Tech Worlds":wc5qw59m said:
Scottemojo":wc5qw59m said:
On Wilson's one sack Baldwin got knocked off his route 30 yards down field. No call.
Thank you for asking.

the Capt. has had too much to drink tonight, I think.

Time for beddy-bye, Dom.

You have obviously missed the post game interviews.....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
scutterhawk":fah7flrk said:
Smellyman":fah7flrk said:
big time holding two plays in a row on Irvin....not called. they weren't questionable, they were obvious.
Yep, even my Wife was pissed about their holdings on Irvin and a few others that weren't being called.
I was busy with watching other Players on our Defense at the time, until she kept yelling at the TV, LOL, then on replay I saw what was pissing her off so much.
If we'd have lost a close game because of it (like in the past) it wouldn't have been quite so funny, eh?
You want to see a team get away with holding watch a *allas sometime. Refs flat out swallow their whistles when Jerry's kids have the ball. They also get a away with a ton of OPI.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
:| officiating was completely 1 sided again, not surprisingly. i believe that by now pete and the players understand the league is against them. we win despite these outrageous (in this case 11 - 1) penalty ratios. the total bs PI call on max was an indicator. in addition, arizona offensive lineman were holding (irvin especially) all game long again, reminiscent of how the thanksgiving 49er game was officiated. once the refs realized there was no chance (about the 3rd Q), the refs subsided and gave way to the inevitable.

leave no doubt again this year guys, just crush em'

Sports Hernia":1136p1z2 said:
You want to see a team get away with holding watch a *allas sometime. Refs flat out swallow their whistles when Jerry's kids have the ball.

so, so blatant. make no mistake their oline is great at run blocking, but the league goes out of its way to ensure romo stays upright this season :pukeface:

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3jeh25tk said:
Smellyman":3jeh25tk said:

Yeah there were some blatant uncalled holds. Even more blatant than the normal ones we complain about.

I don't know how Irvin is going to get some respect. He gets blatantly held at least 2 times a game. Hell, he's been blatantly clipped and tackled and still no calls.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Hawks46":11yisp6d said:
HawkFan72":11yisp6d said:
Smellyman":11yisp6d said:

Yeah there were some blatant uncalled holds. Even more blatant than the normal ones we complain about.

I don't know how Irvin is going to get some respect. He gets blatantly held at least 2 times a game. Hell, he's been blatantly clipped and tackled and still no calls.

B5cXXInCQAE16US.jpg

Reaction score
Scottemojo":f6xaaj43 said:
On Wilson's one sack Baldwin got knocked off his route 30 yards down field. No call.
If I'm recalling correctly, didn't Wilson scramble to his right and out of the pocket? If RW was already out of the pocket when Baldwin got knocked off his route, then that is a legal play by their DB - our DB's are coached up to do that, and do it quite a bit. If he was still in the pocket, that's a different story.

vonstout

Reaction score
Two plays that pissed me off that nobody has mentioned:

1. RW getting speared in the chest and the guy drove him to the ground and landed on him with all his weight. It wasn't like the guy had time to stop, but the ball was long gone when he launched and I've seen a lot less get flagged. It took RW a couple of seconds to get up from ..... and no flag. I tried finding a video of it, but couldn't.
2. Fitz was on a crossing route and Thomas was watching the ball and would have had a pick and Fitz ran right into him. It should have been offensive PI, and again, no flag. Couldn't find the video for this one either, but as I was looking, I found this:

CALLS DON'T GO ARIZONA'S WAY

The Cardinals have benefitted from some dubious calls the last couple of weeks, but they didn't get the benefit of the doubt on their drive after Seattle's touchdown. Earl Thomas ran into Larry Fitzgerald but wasn't called for pass interference, then Richard Sherman ran into punter Kevin Butler and a flag was thrown, but officials then huddled and decided Sherman was blocked into the punter. Seattle started its drive on Arizona's 39-yard line.

I find it funny because ET was watching the ball and Fitz had no idea it was even coming. At least we didn't get screwed on the two call the Cards blogger was whining about above.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
vonstout":yv3xtmlf said:
Two plays that pissed me off that nobody has mentioned:

2. Fitz was on a crossing route and Thomas was watching the ball and would have had a pick and Fitz ran right into him. It should have been offensive PI, and again, no flag.

that was blatant as hell. yeah, that would have been a pick, and with where that was on the field paired with earls return ability, probably a pick 6

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I get that we play loose, that we play aggressive. This style will lead to some penalties.

But there is no way, it's an 11 to 1 type ratio. It's just unreal that games are getting called this way. :34853_doh:

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1qouk2pn said:
I get that we play loose, that we play aggressive. This style will lead to some penalties.

But there is no way, it's an 11 to 1 type ratio. It's just unreal that games are getting called this way. :34853_doh:

yep.

and all things being even, the only other way we dont drop a 60 bomb on those suckers yesterday is out of pity.

trharder

Reaction score
JSeahawks":32rgnuhs said:
Bennett's two straight lining up offsides must be a record. He was impressively over the line on both of them too.
As insane as this was, and I was screaming at my TV screen before the snap, the shear audacity of the belligerence of Bennett seemed to spark the Seahawks defense, who had looked average to that point.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35686x5g said:
scutterhawk":35686x5g said:
Smellyman":35686x5g said:
You want to see a team get away with holding watch a *allas sometime. Refs flat out swallow their whistles when Jerry's kids have the ball. They also get a away with a ton of OPI.
It's going to be interesting if that manage to get by Detroit or Green Bay and matchup with us again. If you ask me too interesting for comfort.

SirTed

Reaction score
As others have said, I couldn't care much less about the penalties against us. Specifically the "aggression penalties" on defense. That's going to happen. The procedural stuff on offense is pretty freaking annoying. But the lack of calls against the other team? That's got to be some weird subconscious thing from the refs. Pete said the same thing happened when he was with SC (which it did). It would be interesting to see the number of penalties called against Super Bowl Champion opponents through the years. I would wager there is a similar but less drastic trend.

Exittium

Reaction score
And to those who mentioned the center moving the ball forward. They're correct. I rewatched the game this morning, and the AZ center actually seems to do it faithfully quiet a bit at the start of the game until AZ gets called for the false start then it seems to stop. Literally that center moves the ball forward from their 1st possession of the game until they're called for false start.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Exittium":258a6k4d said:
And to those who mentioned the center moving the ball forward. They're correct. I rewatched the game this morning, and the AZ center actually seems to do it faithfully quiet a bit at the start of the game until AZ gets called for the false start then it seems to stop. Literally that center moves the ball forward from their 1st possession of the game until they're called for false start.

Interesting.

Bennett isn't an idiot... I just can't imagine he'd do this twice in a row. The second one he was just walking around bewildered like "what just happen, I don't get it."

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Most of our penalties come pre snap . It's kinda hard to argue them .