Officiating

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mikeak":wghx2a2p said:
Maxwell PI was 100% correct.

You have to turn your head in the NFL. You cannot play the receivers hands. Maxwell does this over and over again. He completed the same penalty in the second half but didn't get called for it

A PI doesn't have to involve any contact with the receiver
Wrong, it was not PI!
I agree if he gets his head turned around quicker it probably doesn't get called, but it was still a bogus call.

He needs to watch Sherm and see how quickly he gets his head around.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ ok so we agree on the rules but disagree on what happened in the play. I didn't rewind it etc but would love a replay if anyone has a link.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":37j89u9b said:
Scottemojo":37j89u9b said:
On Wilson's one sack Baldwin got knocked off his route 30 yards down field. No call.
If I'm recalling correctly, didn't Wilson scramble to his right and out of the pocket? If RW was already out of the pocket when Baldwin got knocked off his route, then that is a legal play by their DB - our DB's are coached up to do that, and do it quite a bit. If he was still in the pocket, that's a different story.
You did recall correctly, and I had to wait for the all-22 to come out so I could really see what happened.
Baldwin ran his route perfectly, and had a step. The DB dove and ankle tackled him 35 yards from the LOS. Even though Russ was out of the pocket, that is illegal contact.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mikeak":32wce6os said:
^ ok so we agree on the rules but disagree on what happened in the play. I didn't rewind it etc but would love a replay if anyone has a link.
It's all good bro. :D

suppaball

Reaction score
Smellyman":1fhkcbkc said:
big time holding two plays in a row on Irvin....not called. they weren't questionable, they were obvious.
I saw those as well also, Fitzgerald got away with a blatant hold on a play as well.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I wish someone would put together a video of all the non calls alongside what real calls look like, and then include the data and graphics of how our opponents are getting historically low calls made against them. Especially if it showed the Baldwin PI that cost us a game alongside how that play has worked exactly as run and thrown when there was no PI. And on the Rams non fumble call, show the ref laughing and high fiving Fisher on the sidelines afterwards. And the Wilson spearing, and the hold that allowed a Dallas Td, etc.

All of it. Show it all. Make it blatantly clear what is happening.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I know the Hawks penalties are very high, but it doesn't help that easily 3/4s of the Hawks penalties are all false starts and offsides penalties that are legit calls and should have been fixed by like week 2.

Polaris

Reaction score
ZagHawk":ugg9xrz8 said:
I know the Hawks penalties are very high, but it doesn't help that easily 3/4s of the Hawks penalties are all false starts and offsides penalties that are legit calls and should have been fixed by like week 2.

Point: Missing it. The point is that the same officiating standards should apply to both teams, and the evidence is frankly on the border of overwhelming (certainly it's overwhelming statistically) that other NFL clubs are not being held to the same standards by the officials when they play Seattle as they normally would be. That has nothing to do with the penalties Seattle makes.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3vpcg0hp said:
I wish someone would put together a video of all the non calls alongside what real calls look like, and then include the data and graphics of how our opponents are getting historically low calls made against them. Especially if it showed the Baldwin PI that cost us a game alongside how that play has worked exactly as run and thrown when there was no PI. And on the Rams non fumble call, show the ref laughing and high fiving Fisher on the sidelines afterwards. And the Wilson spearing, and the hold that allowed a Dallas Td, etc.

All of it. Show it all. Make it blatantly clear what is happening.
Great point. I am sure someone at the VMAC could make this happen. Then send it to the League Office and simultaneously post it on youtube, Local TV (they would air it), send copies to ESPN etc. who may air it.

If I was able I would do it. Great idea!!

Go Hawks!!

RunTheBall

Reaction score
mikeak":252fkv3u said:
Maxwell PI was 100% correct.

You have to turn your head in the NFL. You cannot play the receivers hands. Maxwell does this over and over again. He completed the same penalty in the second half but didn't get called for it

A PI doesn't have to involve any contact with the receiver
LOL that wasn't PI, my how soft some fans have become.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2cbeea67 said:
Ad Hawk":2cbeea67 said:
When the officials realized at halftime that they weren't going to be able to affect the ultimate outcome of the game no matter how they flagged us, they decided to let the players play, thus the difference in the 2nd half penalties assessed to us.

:twisted:
East coast viewers had gone to bed.

^^ THIS.

It was absolutely stunning this was still a one-score game (14-6) until near the end of the 3rd quarter.
As much as I'd like to think "conspiracy!" the normally reliable Hauschka missed 3 FGs,, so it would mean he was in on it. Wide right, wide right, wide left. Myself, I think it was just the law of averages catching up, and Hauschka getting it out of his system all at once.

Then the floodgates opened, with the 35-6 final result.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":296k0twr said:
JSeahawks":296k0twr said:
Bennett's two straight lining up offsides must be a record. He was impressively over the line on both of them too.
On BOTH plays, the Cardinals Center picked up the ball after lining up and moved if forward to hike it at least a foot. When Bennett initially lined up, he was on-sides.

Would love to see a video/GIF of that from the sideline angle. I could see the 2nd one coming on TV before the snap, and I thought, "How dense!" The center moving the ball forward makes total sense. Of course NBC wasn't going to show us that.