Ok. This deserves its own thread.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Spike Lee is even shorter than Russel Wilson.

Hard to believe but true... ;)

Cartire

Reaction score
sdog1981":11puuv3z said:
Well, if my time on the University of Washington campus has taught me anything it's this: Dont disagree with Spike Lee.

I disagree completely. Being a Seattle Native, this is furthest from the truth (I guess, in my circumstance, because obviously, i cant canvas 20 million different residents over a decade.)

Spike Lee did great things in the last few decades of the 1900's. He brought voices to those that we're muted and defined by people who knew nothing of them. I respect him for that.

But the dude has gotten old and lost his drive. No one has stood up for him in a long time and it's because his credibility has sank. He doesn't have a coherent message anymore. He's just wanting the fame he once had and forgot how he earned it. Everything he does now is completely attention seeking and very rarely adds to any discussion. He preaches pro-black and liberal views (almost all i agree with), but its nothing we haven't heard and dont already understand a million times over. He's just always late to the game anymore.

On topic:
I really want this signing to happen. We've been SO DAMN fortunate to have a franchise QB with 0 work day misses. But we all know that it can't maintain. Eventually, time wins. To have Kaep as a backup would be amazing. So much experience. Real athletic ability (if he's maintained, I honestly dont know what his regiment has been since hes been out.) and an ability to mimic a large portion of our identity. Man, what a luxury if we got it on vet minimum.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^

The topic?

When I posted, it was being tweeted by a Celebrity that we signed CK.
CK was in the photo that was tweeted.

The thread has since evolved past that original report for obvious reasons.

So far, everyone's done a good job at posting their thoughts while not breaking the rules.

Feel free to ad to the conversation if you can.

Your question didn't hit that mark.

Cartire

Reaction score
pmedic920":2q748yh0 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

If this was directed at me, I don't know what it means. I don't think I asked a question.

If it's not directed at me, retract my statement. You will also notice that the person I quoted has since edited his comment. I commend him for that. Though still disagree with the premise.

Josea16

Reaction score
Cartire":1co6ziub said:
pmedic920":1co6ziub said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

If this was directed at me, I don't know what it means. I don't think I asked a question.

If it's not directed at me, retract my statement. You will also notice that the person I quoted has since edited his comment. I commend him for that. Though still disagree with the premise.
I figure it's at me. I'm trying to talk football but I guess I don't get it yet.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Cartire":26r8ip9u said:
sdog1981":26r8ip9u said:
Well, if my time on the University of Washington campus has taught me anything it's this: Dont disagree with Spike Lee.

I disagree completely. Being a Seattle Native, this is furthest from the truth (I guess, in my circumstance, because obviously, i cant canvas 20 million different residents over a decade.)

Spike Lee did great things in the last few decades of the 1900's. He brought voices to those that we're muted and defined by people who knew nothing of them. I respect him for that.

But the dude has gotten old and lost his drive. No one has stood up for him in a long time and it's because his credibility has sank. He doesn't have a coherent message anymore. He's just wanting the fame he once had and forgot how he earned it. Everything he does now is completely attention seeking and very rarely adds to any discussion. He preaches pro-black and liberal views (almost all i agree with), but its nothing we haven't heard and dont already understand a million times over. He's just always late to the game anymore.

On topic:
I really want this signing to happen. We've been SO DAMN fortunate to have a franchise QB with 0 work day misses. But we all know that it can't maintain. Eventually, time wins. To have Kaep as a backup would be amazing. So much experience. Real athletic ability (if he's maintained, I honestly dont know what his regiment has been since hes been out.) and an ability to mimic a large portion of our identity. Man, what a luxury if we got it on vet minimum.

As for Kap, don't care for his stupid attempts at activism, but a as a backup it's a likely a good move.

cheese22

Reaction score
My first thought after there being no news after his visit is that if they do sign him, maybe they wait until Memorial Day weekend has been swept up before announcing. Maybe I'm reaching a little too hard but I can only think of a couple other days in the year that might cause a louder backlash than Memorial Day. Correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Cartire":2h2ppgeb said:
pmedic920":2h2ppgeb said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's not directed at you, or Josea16

It appears that the post I'm referencing was deleted.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The Breh":3vt0lhmf said:
WmHBonney":3vt0lhmf said:
Spike Lee needs to keep his nose/politics out of Seahawk football. This is EXACTLY why we shouldn't go anywhere near Kraporpick.
Kraporpick is #2 ALL TIME as far as that pic % goes.
#5 on the other site I just looked at.
Keep up.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... career.htm

That may be so, but he is still a distraction and puts his political views ahead of his football. I don't want a guy trying to win games for the Seahawks when his head is somewhere else. You get payed to play football, so focus on football. Keep the rest of the crap off the field. He has proven he cannot do that and that is why no other team wants him. If he is so good, then there should be another team that wants him as a starter, not a backup. The 'Hawks don't need the distraction.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1g004kay said:
That may be so, but he is still a distraction and puts his political views ahead of his football. I don't want a guy trying to win games for the Seahawks when his head is somewhere else. You get payed to play football, so focus on football. Keep the rest of the crap off the field. He has proven he cannot do that and that is why no other team wants him. If he is so good, then there should be another team that wants him as a starter, not a backup. The 'Hawks don't need the distraction.
I have never seen or heard anything that suggests he skips practice or workouts or in any way puts politics ahead of football. In fact, all I have heard is that he's working his butt off to be NFL-ready should he get a phone call.

So he exercised his right to make a subtle statement by not standing for a song. if he wants to show solidarity to something, I don't see it as a problem. Any circus created as a result was done by the press, not Kaepernick.

The Breh

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3j9r9rgi said:
The Breh":3j9r9rgi said:
WmHBonney":3j9r9rgi said:
Spike Lee needs to keep his nose/politics out of Seahawk football. This is EXACTLY why we shouldn't go anywhere near Kraporpick.
Keep up.

Political views on an appalling issue that a certain group of people deny exists.
Kneeling before a game, the only thing people took notice for.
Not the 16/4, not the garbage he was surrounded with as a team. No. The 60 second song he decided to kneel for.
You equate his 60 second kneeling trying to make people aware of hypocrisy to his 60 mins on the field ? The game hadn't even started but you'd like him to "keep it off the field".
What exactly are you focusing on ?
Giants owner finally fessed up this week and said why he won't sign him. He is being punished for nothing else than kneeling.
It was supported in the Niners locker room, has since been supported by Hawks. The "distraction" is what YOU let the media tell you it is.

This-is in all it's purest form, the definition of "fake news".
Just like the recycled news story that Wickersham wrote last week in novel form.
It's amazing that people continue to do these mental gymnastics to tip toe around a real issue. Lives are being lost, period.
And these are grown ass men and women coming to these conclusions.
It's embarrassing :|

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'm rather surprised a deal hasn't been reached yet. Surely if they brought him in for a workout and background interview, etc, an offer would've been made by now. Kaep may still be holding out for more than $2 mil per.

Or the Hawks want to offer a multi-year deal and he only wants 1 year to get back on the market next season and a chance to start. Or perhaps he was only offered vet minimum and he wants to wait and gamble.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Redsand187":qff6z9tf said:
WmHBonney":qff6z9tf said:
The Breh":qff6z9tf said:
WmHBonney":qff6z9tf said:
Keep up.

He's only a distraction to the fans that want something to be outraged over.

He's a good player that has passion and obviously isn't all about himself... kind of like some other guy that is currently the QB for the Seahawks.

Anywho. I'm willing to bet a deal between the Seahawks and Kaepernick is a all written up. The Seahawks are pretty much the only team with the balls to take him on and the offense that he can play in. I'm sure it's a safety deal. They likely told him they will pay him far, far less than what he is hoping for, probably no more than $2 million, but that the offer is standing. There is no reason to pay his high asking price when the market is nonexistent for him, so they surely will be happy to let him shop around. If he can boondoggle someone into his high ask, then good for him. If he can't, he can take the small paycheck from the Seahawks and go from there.

It does make me wonder about how camp would go and what effect it would have on Wilson depending on how well Kaepernick performs. Having someone with as much potential as Kaepernick biting at Wilson's heels may not be the best thing for Wilson's physical health. We know he already pushes himself too hard, and that is without someone capable of taking his job right behind him.

Not sure why all this hype for him. He has been horrible the last few years and could not even win the starting jo b n that awful Niners team.

The Breh

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":a6nbip4j said:
Redsand187":a6nbip4j said:
WmHBonney":a6nbip4j said:
The Breh":a6nbip4j said:
Keep up.

He's only a distraction to the fans that want something to be outraged over.

He's a good player that has passion and obviously isn't all about himself... kind of like some other guy that is currently the QB for the Seahawks.

Anywho. I'm willing to bet a deal between the Seahawks and Kaepernick is a all written up. The Seahawks are pretty much the only team with the balls to take him on and the offense that he can play in. I'm sure it's a safety deal. They likely told him they will pay him far, far less than what he is hoping for, probably no more than $2 million, but that the offer is standing. There is no reason to pay his high asking price when the market is nonexistent for him, so they surely will be happy to let him shop around. If he can boondoggle someone into his high ask, then good for him. If he can't, he can take the small paycheck from the Seahawks and go from there.

It does make me wonder about how camp would go and what effect it would have on Wilson depending on how well Kaepernick performs. Having someone with as much potential as Kaepernick biting at Wilson's heels may not be the best thing for Wilson's physical health. We know he already pushes himself too hard, and that is without someone capable of taking his job right behind him.

Not sure why all this hype for him. He has been horrible the last few years and could not even win the starting jo b n that awful Niners team.
16/4 TD/int, again. With garbage.
Gabbert didn't "win" anything, it's tough for folks to admit.
But qb's are the scapegoat.
If you don't like him because he looks Saudi, has an Afro and took a knee it's "ok".
An owner finally admitted the latter.
People dance around their dislike for him when it's clearly something else.
Do you, tho :stirthepot:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It's not "something else" for me. I just don't like the way he plays quarterback. He plays with an uncertainty or with what I perceive as being skittish. He just doesn't take command and seems uncertain about himself and that trickles over onto the team. What will he be like in the quarterback room with Russ, Carl and Bev? Will he be the good soldier or pine for a starting role? For some of the same reasons I despise Jay Cutler, I wouldn't want Kaep on the Hawks.

The Breh

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2jo1tbkq said:
It's not "something else" for me. I just don't like the way he plays quarterback. He plays with an uncertainty or with what I perceive as being skittish. He just doesn't take command and seems uncertain about himself and that trickles over onto the team. What will he be like in the quarterback room with Russ, Carl and Bev? Will he be the good soldier or pine for a starting role? For some of the same reasons I despise Jay Cutler, I wouldn't want Kaep on the Hawks.
When surrounded by a team and a system that supports him he went to a SB that should have been won.
Russ wouldn't be as successful as he is without those things either.
Their runs are more similar than folks want to admit.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The Breh":1ho0j4v2 said:
Siouxhawk":1ho0j4v2 said:
When surrounded by a team and a system that supports him he went to a SB that should have been won.
Russ wouldn't be as successful as he is without those things either.
Their runs are more similar than folks want to admit.
Perhaps he needs to go to Canada and retweak his game before he starts turning heads again. If he lights it up there, he'll be employed in the NFL again.

Latest posts