Ok. This deserves its own thread.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherm is gonna be traded - Wrong
Kaep is signing with the Hawks - Wrong

Imagine that, a bunch of hype for nothing. Sure it could still happen, but the amount of people who seem angry at the Hawks for something they haven't even done is pretty funny. Let alone fans who say they are done w/the Hawks if they sign Kaep :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38app8t5 said:
Sherm is gonna be traded - Wrong
Kaep is signing with the Hawks - Wrong

Imagine that, a bunch of hype for nothing. Sure it could still happen, but the amount of people who seem angry at the Hawks for something they haven't even done is pretty funny. Let alone fans who say they are done w/the Hawks if they sign Kaep :roll:

Well I'm done with the Seahawks if we don't win another SB!!!.

However.....they have the rest of my life to do it. :twisted:

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
The Breh":2i9lbr0k said:
TorontoHawk":2i9lbr0k said:
Redsand187":2i9lbr0k said:
WmHBonney":2i9lbr0k said:
That may be so, but he is still a distraction and puts his political views ahead of his football. I don't want a guy trying to win games for the Seahawks when his head is somewhere else. You get payed to play football, so focus on football. Keep the rest of the crap off the field. He has proven he cannot do that and that is why no other team wants him. If he is so good, then there should be another team that wants him as a starter, not a backup. The 'Hawks don't need the distraction.
He's only a distraction to the fans that want something to be outraged over.

He's a good player that has passion and obviously isn't all about himself... kind of like some other guy that is currently the QB for the Seahawks.

Anywho. I'm willing to bet a deal between the Seahawks and Kaepernick is a all written up. The Seahawks are pretty much the only team with the balls to take him on and the offense that he can play in. I'm sure it's a safety deal. They likely told him they will pay him far, far less than what he is hoping for, probably no more than $2 million, but that the offer is standing. There is no reason to pay his high asking price when the market is nonexistent for him, so they surely will be happy to let him shop around. If he can boondoggle someone into his high ask, then good for him. If he can't, he can take the small paycheck from the Seahawks and go from there.

It does make me wonder about how camp would go and what effect it would have on Wilson depending on how well Kaepernick performs. Having someone with as much potential as Kaepernick biting at Wilson's heels may not be the best thing for Wilson's physical health. We know he already pushes himself too hard, and that is without someone capable of taking his job right behind him.

Not sure why all this hype for him. He has been horrible the last few years and could not even win the starting jo b n that awful Niners team.
16/4 TD/int, again. With garbage.
Gabbert didn't "win" anything, it's tough for folks to admit.
But qb's are the scapegoat.
If you don't like him because he looks Saudi, has an Afro and took a knee it's "ok".
An owner finally admitted the latter.
People dance around their dislike for him when it's clearly something else.
Do you, tho :stirthepot:

Just don't like him as a player, could care less what he looks like. I happen to love his Afro!!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":3st67bhq said:
Just don't like him as a player, could care less what he looks like. I happen to love his Afro!!

"Don't like him as a player" I can see as a starter, but as a backup in a scheme he actually fits well I don't really see at all.

Heard that Huard claimed on the radio that the Hawks want him at the vet minimum but he wants 3 mil (which is average backup money).

Maybe Huard was just speculating or the truth got lost in the game of telephone but I seriously can't understand the logic of wanting Kaepernick at one million but not at three million.

Of ALL the reasons a team wouldn't sign Colin Kaepernick, the difference between average back-up money and camp-arm backup money just really doesn't strike me as one of them.