Ok. When is it time to start worrying about the rams.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1veb2tqy said:
You guys will smash the Niners.

We will wreck the Cardinals on Thursday.

If you guys win in Arizona, you clinch the division.

In that scenario, you get a first round bye if Green Bay loses (not likely) or if Dallas loses (likely).

So that week 17 will most likely be something to play for. I can't wait for it - we should be 8-7 and playing for a chance to be above .500 for the first time in 11 years. Plus it will be a fantastic gauge of where the Rams are at - we've played lights out for 4 straight weeks now.

It's an unusual feeling for my Rams to be playing so well, but it makes me think back to the games we should have won....against Dallas and San Diego...and it just hurts.
Welcome to the reality of having a good team--can be kinda painful sometimes.

the ditch

Reaction score
I hate that Fischer keeps embarrassing us with trick plays even I saw the last one coming but we get them at home and that makes a difference.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
the ditch":351vqtp7 said:
I hate that Fischer keeps embarrassing us with trick plays even I saw the last one coming but we get them at home and that makes a difference.

No doubt. Your home field advantage is so insane that to me, losing by one score is almost a win. Seahawks just don't lose at home..

It would encouraging to see a competitive game. Like the 20-13 game from two years ago - that was encouraging. I don't think any realistic fan goes into Seattle expecting their team to win.

When we sent out the punting unit in that game, I was screaming at the TV that we better fake it.

Chapow

Reaction score
Ramfan128":yi179khs said:
I can't wait for it - we should be 8-7 and playing for a chance to be above .500 for the first time in 11 years.

You know it's been a loooooong, brutal stretch when fans are super stoked at the chance to be above .500.

I almost feel bad that the Seahawks are going to crush that dream.

Almost.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2aa3pfma said:
the ditch":2aa3pfma said:

No doubt. Your home field advantage is so insane that to me, losing by one score is almost a win. Seahawks just don't lose at home..

It would encouraging to see a competitive game. Like the 20-13 game from two years ago - that was encouraging. I don't think any realistic fan goes into Seattle expecting their team to win.

When we sent out the punting unit in that game, I was screaming at the TV that we better fake it.

We do lose at home, just not often. And I pity the team that faces us at the Clink after a home loss.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams have a habit of making us look bad, I am not counting any chickens yet. They play for pride and the chance to inflict damage on us, things are very close this year and a feather in their cap would be to beat us at home. We need to bring it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The game with them is still 3 weeks away, by that time they could have gone through 2 more QBs and 4 RBs.

And what is it Seahawks fans are supposed to be worried about anyways? The Hawks are turning into a WMD, the Rams are a B series Scud, capable of damage but rarely on the good target.

As long as Captain Average is coaching that team they will be The Same Old Sorry Ass Rams to me anyways. Fisher blew his wad in the first game and it took both of those scams to pull it off.

They will always play the Hawks tough, but I will "worry" in week 17.

RedAlice

Reaction score
If Hawks take care of their own busines, they shouldn't need a win week 17, right? Or, did I miss something?

The posts above are entertaining, and give you all some of the "arrogance' you were missing for a few weeks earlier this season. Nice to see you back on full charge and confident again.

Rams will always play tough, even with nothing to win. But oddly, I think Rams would play harder v Hawks if they are under .500 before the game, not at it as suggested.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
They appear to be coming together. Shaun Hill isn't playing all that bad, either. If they have good health and good QB play next year, sky is the limit.

As for right now, Seahawks only have to worry about them week 17. If the OL doesn't bring their A-game, it could get embarrassing. Their offense isn't horrid, either.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ib4unzz said:
If Hawks take care of their own busines, they shouldn't need a win week 17, right? Or, did I miss something?

Only if Arizona loses to the Rams this week and Seattle wins their next 2. That would put the Hawks at 11-4 and the Cards at 10-5, with Seattle having the tie breaker. If Arizona wins against the Rams and Seattle wins their next 2, both teams would be at 11-4, and if Seattle loses to the Rams in that scenario it would open the door back up for the Cardinals. However, it is true the Hawks control their own destiny inasmuch that as long as we win out, we win the west no matter what the Cards do.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2xvv132f said:
You guys will smash the Niners.

We will wreck the Cardinals on Thursday.

If you guys win in Arizona, you clinch the division.

In that scenario, you get a first round bye if Green Bay loses (not likely) or if Dallas loses (likely).

So that week 17 will most likely be something to play for. I can't wait for it - we should be 8-7 and playing for a chance to be above .500 for the first time in 11 years. Plus it will be a fantastic gauge of where the Rams are at - we've played lights out for 4 straight weeks now.

It's an unusual feeling for my Rams to be playing so well, but it makes me think back to the games we should have won....against Dallas and San Diego...and it just hurts.

I just hope that the Rams bring the same ferocity to the Cards that they do when playing the Hawks. They ALWAYS get up for the Hawks and seem to find something.

The Cards are hanging on by a thread that isn't even connected, but they have been squeaking out stuff all season. I would enjoy the Rams beating them down Thursday and pounding them with reality.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Worry about them when ever you want to. But remember this: worry is interest paid on borrowed grief.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RedAlice":319g3huv said:

The posts above are entertaining, and give you all some of the "arrogance' you were missing for a few weeks earlier this season. Nice to see you back on full charge and confident again.

Rams will always play tough, even with nothing to win. But oddly, I think Rams would play harder v Hawks if they are under .500 before the game, not at it as suggested.

They will almost certainly need to beat us in week 17 to secure a first round bye.

If Philly beats Dallas, they then play the Giants and Redskins...not likely to lose....which would hypothetically place them at 12-4.

If Dallas wins, and even if they lose to the Colts, they have the tie breaker over Seattle. So no matter what happens, the Seahawks will need to win against us to secure a first round bye and/or home field

Ramfan128

Reaction score
To really answer the OP's question though...next year.

Take it from me, and I'm sure Red Alice would back me up on this......these last 4 weeks have a much different feel. It's true the media has picked us to turn the corner for 2 or 3 years straight now. And some Rams fans have been semi delusional in their expectations.

But trust me, this is a different feel. If I had to bet $1,000,000 on the first and second place teams in the NFC West at the end of next year, the Rams are one of them. We have been talked about a lot in the past....but almost everyone still picked us to come in last place in the division. Next year will be different.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2kf81az8 said:

Take it from me, and I'm sure Red Alice would back me up on this......these last 4 weeks have a much different feel. It's true the media has picked us to turn the corner for 2 or 3 years straight now. And some Rams fans have been semi delusional in their expectations.

But trust me, this is a different feel. If I had to bet $1,000,000 on the first and second place teams in the NFC West at the end of next year, the Rams are one of them. We have been talked about a lot in the past....but almost everyone still picked us to come in last place in the division. Next year will be different.

Absolutely agree. It's actually because the games have felt so different and they are playing smart that I am worried every game right now becaues I don't want it to regress back to the sloppy penalties and stupid mistakes. If they can finish out the 3 games playing well, win or lose them, then I will be expectent for next year in a different way than in the past.

I still need to see some more serious play, and this game against AZ should tell a lot.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
They won't be a real threat to win the division until they find an adequate QB.

There really aren't any good QBs in free agency.

They ought to trade for a QB like Cutler or Eli.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":pedw6z53 said:
Ramfan128":pedw6z53 said:

Absolutely agree. It's actually because the games have felt so different and they are playing smart that I am worried every game right now becaues I don't want it to regress back to the sloppy penalties and stupid mistakes. If they can finish out the 3 games playing well, win or lose them, then I will be expectent for next year in a different way than in the past.

I still need to see some more serious play, and this game against AZ should tell a lot.

Who will be the rams QB? With what they have now, they won't be any better than Seattle with Tarvaris Jackson starting.