OK

mistaowen

Reaction score
Largent80":tmknd1fc said:
Here is my take on Cable.

The guy transformed our line after Walter and Hutch were long gone. If you remember, at that time our line wasn't much better than now.

I have to give the guy a pass for this last year considering Gilliam was penciled in a s LT starter pre draft. They didn't draft for that position. Gilliam sucked at it. The hired Sowell and Webb...OMG. Terrible OL that were run out of town in their cities.

We saw what happened. Sowell took over for Gilliam who went back to RT. Gilliam struggled at RT in a position he manned for over a year. Sowell sucked at LT, then got injured and we were left with Fant. He had not played football at all in college yet Sowell could NOT beat him out once his injury was over. Webb was long gonw, a disaterus cut and salary cap hit. a terrible signing.

Fant struggled but given the fact he was thrown to the wolves he played incredibly considering the circumstances.

Ifedi had to try to pick up Cables system. Tough being a rookie, and Glowinski was a redshirt rookie.

All these guys were newbies in the system.

I gotta give them a pass and also let Cable off the hook for last year.

This next year...is the key for me.

Cable is going to be evaluated.

Great post. Agree on this year being a key evaluation for Cable.

This is an enormous off season for player development on the o-line. I hope guys like Ifedi and Britt step up, take on leadership roles, and really improve their craft. I would like them to grab a solid FA veteran tackle who has proven himself to be a starting NFL tackle and can come into training camp ready to go. Giving Russ time in play action, which Bevell traditionally calls more than most other teams, is essential for the big play Pete loves.

Latest posts