OK

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Largent80":1kmrzspb said:
Snakeeyes007":1kmrzspb said:
First priority must be to shore up the offensive line and blocking scheme
If needed, trade for Joe Thomas to anchor the left side for a few years while we train up Fant
Running the ball must again become a more balanced part of the overall scheme
Environment of distrust between players and certain coaches must be addressed and put to bed

Bring in more depth at CB and safety, and give current crop of guys a chance to step up
Engage with the team leaders to ferret out anything holding back team cohesiveness
Vet all possible trade options for securing a disruptor for the interior of the D line
Engender a combined spirit of competiveness and fun again
Learn from the attitude and approach of the Patriots and apply it to how we prepare
Let go of any coach who isn’t willing to honestly evaluate and adjust his style to help the team win

No dude. You don't get it. Lame.

Largent80's on fire today! :snack: And of course, EVERYTHING I wrote is spot on.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Anthony!":2uz2u4e4 said:
ahh so more of the same then :pukeface:
How did an entirely new offensive line with no experience together work out this season? I'm sure they will add pieces but there are lots of ways to improve the unit beyond personnel turnover. Having a healthy RB/QB could do wonders for the running game and a commitment to the run is the single best way to slow opposing pass rushers.

RussB

Reaction score
Get someone like deandre jordan or demarcus cousins at tackle and they should be solid.

Anthony!

Reaction score
AgentDib":1wzx3fng said:
Anthony!":1wzx3fng said:
How did an entirely new offensive line with no experience together work out this season? I'm sure they will add pieces but there are lots of ways to improve the unit beyond personnel turnover. Having a healthy RB/QB could do wonders for the running game and a commitment to the run is the single best way to slow opposing pass rushers.

So in other words, more fingers in the dike, instead of actually fixing the dike.

massari

Reaction score
-Sign DL Calais Campbell (10M APY)

-Sign RT Rick Wagner or RT/LT Reilly Reiff (7M APY) or LT Andrew Whitworth (10M APY)

-Sign OLB Dion Jordan to a prove it deal with no guaranteed money (expected to be released by Miami)

-Trade late round pick/sign RFA WR Josh Gordon to a prove it deal with no guaranteed money (if reinstated)

-Sign OL Luke Joeckel to a prove it deal.

-Trade 1st round pick for early 2nd+3rd.

-Draft OT, OLB/DL, CB, S, RB with the top 5 picks (two 2nd's + three 3rd's)

ctrcat

Reaction score
sdog1981":3uxf9bwc said:
WilsonMVP":3uxf9bwc said:
flmmkrz":3uxf9bwc said:
I think our corners get infinitely better with a better pass rush. Even Sherm looked shaky when qbs had all day to throw, consistent pressure. I'd like to see it in a big dt who can break down a qbs pocket so our speed guys can get home a little easier. Draft some young corners who can come in and compete. Tackles are a given, I don't even need to touch on that and a big durable rb would be nice as well. Lots on the wish list there

Wouldnt mind switching this guys Jersey to match ours

Kawann short russell wilson

I know Carolina will probably resign him and more of a pipe dream but adding short to our DL and then adding OL and maybe a CB...A man can dream

Yeah, I think they franchise tag him. But we can all dream.

That's the smart money, but not a slam dunk IMO. A year ago it seemed to be, but even when Norman's tag was rescinded, Vernon Butler hadn't been drafted yet. His selection and relative good play, Short's age/relative down year/demands, and the ability to take on the salaries of Eric Berry and/or JPP and/or a FA/trade for a Whitworth/Staley/Thomas/Peters/etc. type LT, leave the tempting and real possibility of letting Short walk open IMO, or at least should be considered.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Having just two quarterback's on the roster is extremely dangerous, especially when the second one is Treyvone Boykin.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Looking at the draft and our needs I'm going:

Round 1: CB. I think we can get a really good impact player. We not only need a dominant starter opposite Sherman, but also Sherman insurance if he starts to slow down. Getting a guy in round 1 gives us 5 years of club control. That's long enough for us to get past this Sherman contract and well into or past an extension. At that point we can draft another good CB and cut bait on Sherm, or start with the older veteran value contracts. if the right guy isn't available, BPA 3Tech DT/edge rusher.

Round 2. BPA Safety or 3Tech DT. Chancellor is getting older and nicked up a lot more. Earl has had 2 serious injuries in 3 years. Getting a guy to groom behind either (with the added bonus of Earl's backup probably being able to play Nickle CB) is a good solid move.

3. BPA OT or RB. This could be a generational draft for RB's. If we don't get a guy like Fournette or Cook in the 1st (stranger things have happened) we could get damned good value here with a RB that could be explosive, balanced and hopefully stay healthy. Prosise and Rawls aren't magically going to start staying healthier. I love Prosise, but he runs too upright and will continue to get hurt.

3. BPA OL/OLB. I'd try to go interior here. If we get a good enough guy, we could try to slide Ifedi over. Or get a guy that could double as a Guard and swing Tackle. If nothing of value is here, OLB

5 and down is where we start to go BPA and plug in for depth and development. I'd be happy to see a starting CB, an explosive and balanced RB, one starter on OL, and backup depth for Chancellor or Earl. I think that would be a win right there, and the icing would be an impact 3Tech DT or OLB. We'd win the draft if we got the CB, DT, and OL as impact players.

Crizilla

Reaction score
We need to get faster on defense. ATL is super fast . Maybe not as tough as our guys but defense looked a little slower than usual.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Is this a fantasy thread or a reality one. Really, people arguing whether we need to draft a QB because Russ just isn't that good. That's pure fantasy and will never happen, so why even discuss it.

We certainly need some things. OT's, CB's, Interior DL pass rusher type, LB, RB...in that order

I think one the biggest differences for us vs the year we won the SB is the rotation of our DL. SB year Avril and Bennett did not play dam near every down. They were in a solid rotation of many many players. They were fresh at the end of games. I think this has been the biggest difference in my mind over the past few years in that those guys play a lot more now and we tend to give up leads at the end of games because our guys are gassed.

We need to get back to a better rotation of our guys, yes Bennett and Avril are awesome but they can't be on the field 90% of the time and our D be effective at the end of games. We need to draft heavey on the DL or pick up some guys were can rotate regularly and are good, not just bodies.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Actually there are a bunch of 3 tech f.a. this year, so that may be the way to go (think Calais Campbell) Then maybe draft Daeshon Hall out of A & M to add to the mix?

Hyak

Reaction score
Schadie001":jsqjrelb said:
Is this a fantasy thread or a reality one. Really, people arguing whether we need to draft a QB because Russ just isn't that good. That's pure fantasy and will never happen, so why even discuss it.

We certainly need some things. OT's, CB's, Interior DL pass rusher type, LB, RB...in that order

I think one the biggest differences for us vs the year we won the SB is the rotation of our DL. SB year Avril and Bennett did not play dam near every down. They were in a solid rotation of many many players. They were fresh at the end of games. I think this has been the biggest difference in my mind over the past few years in that those guys play a lot more now and we tend to give up leads at the end of games because our guys are gassed.

We need to get back to a better rotation of our guys, yes Bennett and Avril are awesome but they can't be on the field 90% of the time and our D be effective at the end of games. We need to draft heavey on the DL or pick up some guys were can rotate regularly and are good, not just bodies.

Nailed it. Fortifying the front 4 while upgrading the competition in the secondary and LB groups is huge, especially as the "star" core players get older and likely will be more susceptible to injuries.

Granted, the OL needs to be improved too.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Anthony!":1t080tfj said:
AgentDib":1t080tfj said:
Anthony!":1t080tfj said:
So in other words, more fingers in the dike, instead of actually fixing the dike.
Constantly trying to reword things into straw man arguments is a great way to get people to stop replying to you.

Seymour

Reaction score
I agree with Pete. We are on track and should stay the course to mediocrity. Keep everything the same but expect better results through osmosis. :2thumbs:

Anthony!

Reaction score
AgentDib":39uokwe2 said:
Anthony!":39uokwe2 said:
AgentDib":39uokwe2 said:
Anthony!":39uokwe2 said:
Constantly trying to reword things into straw man arguments is a great way to get people to stop replying to you.

Dude there is no straw man argument at all, what you are suggesting is a band aid not a fix. I want a fix the band aid thing has not been working. So I want a fix to the problem, what you ar suggesting is not a fix but a band aid.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
First and foremost, I'd like for the offense to choose an identity to build toward going forward. Are they going to be a smash mouth, run first team, or an air raid attack with Wilson at the helm? (Make no mistake, Bevell is included in this philosophy discussion, but his future of employment isn't being brought up here.)

If they do want to try to be a run first team, we need to stop acting like Rawls and Procise are going to equal one Beast Mode. Neither one has proven they can stay healthy, which is a concern. I'd like to see the team address finding a future power back in the draft. Leonard Fornette is a dream back, but I don't see him falling to our squad. Carolina will probably pick him way before we get to that point.

Which brings me to my next option: should Seattle trade up in the draft to try and snag Fornette, or wait for another solid back to fall to us in a fairly talented running back draft? If they do want to trade up to snag Fornette, does Jimmy Graham factor into a power run scheme? I say no. This offense can move the ball much better with a blocking tight end in the formation. Trying to keep Graham in tight to block has proven time and time again to be a total failure. It's like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. The team needs to address the tight end situation by either: A. Trade Graham to a tight end desperate team to move up the draft board and snag Fornette ahead of Carolina or B. Keep Graham, but draft or sign a blocking tight end to utilize in the running game.

If the team decides to become an air attack first offense, Russell needs better pass protection (obviously), but potentially more importantly, get him a big and talented wide out. And by talented, I'm not including Mcevoy. Get Russell a big target outside. He's done well in the past with big receivers (Sidney Rice and Matthews in XLIX).

Secondary depth needs to be addressed, preferably through the draft, not free agency. I'd like to see the defense be addressed via the draft, and the offense via free agency. Go Seahawks!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3k179q94 said:
First and foremost, I'd like for the offense to choose an identity to build toward going forward. Are they going to be a smash mouth, run first team, or an air raid attack with Wilson at the helm? (Make no mistake, Bevell is included in this philosophy discussion, but his future of employment isn't being brought up here.)

If they do want to try to be a run first team, we need to stop acting like Rawls and Procise are going to equal one Beast Mode. Neither one has proven they can stay healthy, which is a concern. I'd like to see the team address finding a future power back in the draft. Leonard Fornette is a dream back, but I don't see him falling to our squad. Carolina will probably pick him way before we get to that point.

Which brings me to my next option: should Seattle trade up in the draft to try and snag Fornette, or wait for another solid back to fall to us in a fairly talented running back draft? If they do want to trade up to snag Fornette, does Jimmy Graham factor into a power run scheme? I say no. This offense can move the ball much better with a blocking tight end in the formation. Trying to keep Graham in tight to block has proven time and time again to be a total failure. It's like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. The team needs to address the tight end situation by either: A. Trade Graham to a tight end desperate team to move up the draft board and snag Fornette ahead of Carolina or B. Keep Graham, but draft or sign a blocking tight end to utilize in the running game.

If the team decides to become an air attack first offense, Russell needs better pass protection (obviously), but potentially more importantly, get him a big and talented wide out. And by talented, I'm not including Mcevoy. Get Russell a big target outside. He's done well in the past with big receivers (Sidney Rice and Matthews in XLIX).

Secondary depth needs to be addressed, preferably through the draft, not free agency. I'd like to see the defense be addressed via the draft, and the offense via free agency. Go Seahawks!

Great post I agree, for me were we are given our talent at TE, and WR and lack of power back I say go pass first, let it set up the run. IT worked well for half of the 2015 season. Also does not make sense to pay Wilson or Grham or Baldwin what they are being paid if we are going run first. Wilson is our best offensive player build it around him or trade him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":z72k5t0p said:
Jerhawk":z72k5t0p said:

Great post I agree, for me were we are given our talent at TE, and WR and lack of power back I say go pass first, let it set up the run. IT worked well for half of the 2015 season. Also does not make sense to pay Wilson or Grham or Baldwin what they are being paid if we are going run first. Wilson is our best offensive player build it around him or trade him.

Then you would have to re invent the whole O line and remove Cable from the system, he does not teach pass blocking.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":19xoxoc3 said:
Anthony!":19xoxoc3 said:
Jerhawk":19xoxoc3 said:

Then you would have to re invent the whole O line and remove Cable from the system, he does not teach pass blocking.

LOL I think the middle 3 are okay we just need 2 good tackles and no Cable