On the brightside, I am still encouraged by Geno

strohmin

Reaction score
He's actually been a bright spot other than the interception

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's trying to do too much downfield. He's gotta pull that back.

Otherwise, meh. I want to see them get the rushing game going.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Let's face it he's exactly what we thought he was. You hope for a diamond but he's a lump of coal.

Msfann

Reaction score
He's what it would look like if you start your backup. He's fine as a backup but he's clearly not a starter.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
Let's face it he's exactly what we thought he was. You hope for a diamond but he's a lump of coal.

Nah, he's neither. He's a slightly below average QB with some games he'll manage better than others. This is exactly the type of games I thought we would get from him. This team gave away the ball 3 times in the first half and that's puts pressure where we can't afford it this year. Pete is (conceptually) trying to push forward with a roster of a decent run game, no turnovers, and bend dont break defense. There's little room for error there.

knownone

Reaction score
Geno's been fine. Our coaches are letting him down.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Nah, he's neither. He's a slightly below average QB with some games he'll manage better than others. This is exactly the type of games I thought we would get from him. This team gave away the ball 3 times in the first half and that's puts pressure where we can't afford it this year. Pete is (conceptually) trying to push forward with a roster of a decent run game, no turnovers, and bend dont break defense. There's little room for error there.
Geno Smith is the type of QB that can manage the game if everything is running well. He's not the type of guy that elevates the QB position and he's miserable when things start falling apart.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Geno Smith is the type of QB that can manage the game if everything is running well. He's not the type of guy that elevates the QB position and he's miserable when things start falling apart.
I think thats a fair assessment. Such a low ceiling player

knownone

Reaction score
How can anyone watch that half and think Geno's the problem?

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
This is my thought exactly. We have play makers but they need to step up for Geno if we want to even be formidable. Geno is playing exactly how I expected him to play.

Fade

Reaction score
He plays like a backup. Anyone expecting more than that is delusional.

Latest posts