One of our own gets his 15 minutes +

NYCoug

Reaction score
pmedic920":3aozd6f9 said:
Dave, check your PMs

Thanks Lon. Just sent you a text.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. I'm truly humbled by the tremendous support that you've all shown me throughout this. There's still work to do though! We're not there yet! I'm finishing up my writeup for the Saints game, so I'll have that posted today but I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out along the way and for all the words of encouragement. They mean the world to me.

GO Hawks!!!

Dave

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3uy9ls51 said:
I've had the pleasure of hanging out with Dave a few times this season. He's crashed on my couch. I've crashed on his. Awesome dude. As one of Kam Chancellor's in-laws told us after the Saints game, "This kid has a heart this big." (Makes giant sized heart with hands) Atta boy, Davey.

This photo was taken in NY after the Giants game. This entire season feels one of destiny.

23r3b5h

Go Hawks.

PS - Ignore the tall bearded dude. There is no tall bearded dude. ;)
So then, who's the ugly tall guy with the beard?
:mrgreen:

Happy

Reaction score
Coug what you are doing is just fricken amazing. Love the blog entries.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. What a treat to get to tag along with you on a dream season.

-s

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Awesome. You've given us all a unique, vicarious experience in this amazing season, Dave. You've had the will, gumption, and good fortune to make it happen and we've been lucky to share it with you. Championship dreams, championship reality!

pmedic920

Reaction score
I just spoke to NYCoug (Dave) via text. As of 12:20 central time, he HAS NOT secured tickets for him and his traveling buddy Greg. I've seen in a couple of threads some interest in helping him with his tickets. I am willing to kick in on it. Do we have somebody in the Seattle area that has a paypal acct, that we can send in money to. Even if we don't come up with 100% of the cost, that money could then be given to Dave to help him out.
Any other idea should be considered as well, I'd just like us to get something started.
I don't want to seem pushy on this, and I wouldn't even be saying this if so many hadn't already voiced interest.
Anybody willing to step into the role of talking up the collection?
I hate to see him wait until the last minute, even if it might mean a cheaper seat.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
My problem is time, but I want to help. I work 11 hrs Friday and 11 hrs Saturday. I do have a paypal account and am happy to provide that address via PM's to any that wish to partake.
I offer up the first $100.
I usually run into David on game day, so I am cool with doing what I can subject to time constraints.
A rough guess is that David and Greg will need about $600 for cheap seats-5000 level or there abouts, hehe.
So, if someone can get this rolling I have provided my 2 cents worth and am very glad to help.
I make this offer without David asking or giving his permission. Sorry if it pisses you off David but all of us here love the Blue and Green and you are our inspiration.
Go Seahawks.

pmedic920

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1ue4wr91 said:
My problem is time, but I want to help. I work 11 hrs Friday and 11 hrs Saturday. I do have a paypal account and am happy to provide that address via PM's to any that wish to partake.
I offer up the first $100.
I usually run into David on game day, so I am cool with doing what I can subject to time constraints.
A rough guess is that David and Greg will need about $600 for cheap seats-5000 level or there abouts, hehe.
So, if someone can get this rolling I have provided my 2 cents worth and am very glad to help.
I make this offer without David asking or giving his permission. Sorry if it pisses you off David but all of us here love the Blue and Green and you are our inspiration.
Go Seahawks.

Please pm me your info, or send me an invoice for $100.00 to [email protected]

Let's get this done.
"Pay it forward"
GoHawks

Edit: Dave told me his girlfriend had a PayPal acct. He didn't/wouldn't provide me the info. We can get it I'm sure. We can then send the total to him via her acct. He can then make his ticket purchase on line or secure the ticket however he sees fit.
Thank you in advance for anything you do in this endeavor.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The problem with PayPal is that those funds aren't available for several days...hopefully by Sunday it will be though

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I can cover the cash. My problem is time. Thanks Lon. When sending via PayPal mark the funds as sent to friend or relative, not goods or services. That way I don't eat a fee.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I want to make sure if any donations are sent my way, you are comfortable with this. David has been to my house in the Seattle area and our home in Phoenix. My guess is he would say I am good for getting the $ to the right people.
We can all meet at Temple too to see him face to face and give it to him in person.
I am merely here to help in any way I can.
So far $200 towards our ticket goal!!!

drdiags

Reaction score
pmedic920":1nphkk9k said:
-The Glove-":1nphkk9k said:
The problem with PayPal is that those funds aren't available for several days...hopefully by Sunday it will be though

I did not know this. Should we go a different route? Any ideas?

So pmedic, I can send you $100 through paypal. Is this the way we are going? If so, I will use your e-mail to send the money. Sounds like you are going to be our proxie.

pmedic920

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":2m29m2no said:
I can cover the cash. My problem is time. Thanks Lon. When sending via PayPal mark the funds as sent to friend or relative, not goods or services. That way I don't eat a fee.

Ok so this is one hurdle crossed. Let's get the $ all in one pile ASAP.
We can figure out the ticket purchase after that

drdiags

Reaction score
pmedic920":3s01wwxl said:
LudwigsDrummer":3s01wwxl said:

So do I send it to you or Ludwig? I am just going to send it to you.

pmedic920

Reaction score
drdiags":2zu7y7km said:
pmedic920":2zu7y7km said:
LudwigsDrummer":2zu7y7km said:

So do I send it to you or Ludwig? I am just going to send it to you.

Send all money to ludwigsdrummer

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
pmedic, if you want to be the bank, I am good with that. I can pp you now.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
ok, I will bank. Lon is coming from Texas and that might be an issue. Ok, is it best to privately give out my email address via PM or just post it?

drdiags

Reaction score
pmedic920":2in8ik7y said:
Please send money to ludwigsdrummer.
I don't have a clue how any of this PayPal stuff works.

Pm him for the info.

Oh crap! I just sent it to you. I will go cancel.