One of our own gets his 15 minutes +

pmedic920

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":2f8rrlv7 said:
pmedic, if you want to be the bank, I am good with that. I can pp you now.

Ok I'm willing to do it. However somebody will need to school me on it. I have no clue how to receive money via PayPal.
I do however have time so I don't mind. If we get enough money sent in I will just make the ticket purchase and we can give him the ticket/tickets in person.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Hold on Lon. I have $ coming in. I am a paypal member. I have it covered.

So far $350 pledged.
You folks are awesome.

I have to step out for 2 hours and will report back then.

mikeak

Reaction score
My suggestion would be not to go for the best ticket. Any surplus could be used either for any future Seahawks games....(don't want to jinx it) or go to the website donation that is running.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I am in awe of the greatness that surrounds me here at .Net.

Steve, James, Lon and everyone else... you're about to make a grown man (even though I still don't mind being called kid while I still can) cry. I am just blown away by the generosity, love, and support you have all (the entire .Net community) have showed me during this season. I love you all and will never forget any of this and will vow to Hawk it Forward for the rest of my life.

Much love everyone. GO Hawks!!!

mikeak

Reaction score
NyCoug - I liked the fact that youdidn't start some donation thing yourself - you didn't go out and "beg" for money for something that while a life experience is a luxuary. You just set yourself on a journey with the attitude that it will work out and if it doesn't at least I gave it a shot. You pointed that out in the article about it being organic. I don't really respect the mentality that some have today that people should give me stuff and then they setup donation pages so I appreciate and respect the way you went about this and how you are sharing it.

If I can't be at the game then I will have to read about it in your post instead :)

drdiags

Reaction score
pmedic920":1msdjqio said:
LudwigsDrummer":1msdjqio said:

Ok I'm willing to do it. However somebody will need to school me on it. I have no clue how to receive money via PayPal.
I do however have time so I don't mind. If we get enough money sent in I will just make the ticket purchase and we can give him the ticket/tickets in person.

I know that Aros, Techworlds and others have used Paypal as a way to collect for T-Shirts and SF trip items in the past. Hopefully Paypal will have a way to retrieve the cash sent when they send you the notification of payment. Usually you will associate a bank account with your Paypal, and once they do a quick verify, the funds are direct deposited into your bank.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Whoa. That was an intense couple of minutes.

Ok it seems as though you can send the money to me via email. Who'd a thunk it.

My email is posted a couple post up the thread. Or pm me and I'll give you whatever is necessary. It appears that if you send it as friend/family I can avoid extra fees.

If we raise enough money to buy a couple of tickets, I will make the purchase and WE can give Dave and Gregg the tickets in person. If not I will either forward him the total raised or give it to him in person, whatever he says works best. When we get close I will update the total raised, to stop the contributions. If we raise extra we can donate to the whatever fund. Y'all decide.

Thanks everybody this is awesome.
I love this place and think of y'all as family.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
mikeak":jwxdaswh said:
NyCoug - I liked the fact that youdidn't start some donation thing yourself - you didn't go out and "beg" for money for something that while a life experience is a luxuary. You just set yourself on a journey with the attitude that it will work out and if it doesn't at least I gave it a shot. You pointed that out in the article about it being organic. I don't really respect the mentality that some have today that people should give me stuff and then they setup donation pages so I appreciate and respect the way you went about this and how you are sharing it.

If I can't be at the game then I will have to read about it in your post instead :)

The 1st $50 sent and collected via paypal from mikeak to me.
David, we will meet up at Temple before the game. If you want I can paypal your GF so you can have the $ before you leave NY. That might be the best way. It doesn't matter to me when or how you get it.
Lotsa SEAHAWK LOVE going on!!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
drdiags":24wsbtte said:
pmedic920":24wsbtte said:
LudwigsDrummer":24wsbtte said:

I know that Aros, Techworlds and others have used Paypal as a way to collect for T-Shirts and SF trip items in the past. Hopefully Paypal will have a way to retrieve the cash sent when they send you the notification of payment. Usually you will associate a bank account with your Paypal, and once they do a quick verify, the funds are direct deposited into your bank.

If we raise enough for me to make the ticket purchase, I will just use paypal to do that. Seems easiest to me. As long as the cash is there, I can work it out, one way or the other.

mikeak

Reaction score
Now we just need someone to donate two tickets at face value to get some money over for future tickets...... :)

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Ok, current donation I believe is $350.
I count my $100, pmedic $100, DrDiags $100, and mikeak's $50.
I am holding mine and mikeaks $. $150 due from me.
I say we keep a strict running count. Agreed?

pmedic920

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1xvvh1so said:
Hold on Lon. I have $ coming in. I am a paypal member. I have it covered.

So far $350 pledged.
You folks are awesome.

I have to step out for 2 hours and will report back then.

Yea and I'll raise you 100.00 already sent to me. Lol

Ok, I'll let the dust settle. Any money sent to me will be forwarded to you. Unless it's easier on you to forward what's been sent to, to me. I'm good either way.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Now, I have to take off for a pre-arranged appointment. Back in 1.5 hrs.
Thank you to all. Also, $5 and $10 donations gladly accepted!

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Lets collect what we can on PayPal. We can forward to David via his girl friends po account