One person dead, multiple injured at Chiefs' Super Bowl parade

cymatica

Reaction score
This country? Try the World!!!

We built an economic system that is totally reliant on population (and therefore consumption) growth.
For one thing (and it is a big one), how are you going to support retirees that nowadays live well in their eighties if not their nineties with a pay as you go system if the population does not grow?
Sounds like a problem with the system, not too many people.

cymatica

Reaction score
Desensitized is accurate for a few reasons, lack of social exposure as well, people don't know how to interact, respect personal space, property, values. It comes back to non interaction, we use phones and video games and social pages. You can be whatever your imagination comes up with, nobody is the wiser unless you physically meet.

It's one big mess really. Not going to get better with everyone moving to AI's going forward, we will be led by the nose to whatever the programs decide and are programmed to trust it, look around and you see the push everywhere.

Get in the real world and it is overwhelming for many people now when encountering situations that are not in their normal functional platforms. Reading a situation and awareness is hardly there, drive your car down the road and people are glued to their phones and will walk right out in front of you trusting you see them.
Technology is a double edge sword and we are living in the middle of a psychological experiment on a grand scale

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
There's just too many people in this country. Need to get the population down to about 125 million again.
It would be a step in the right direction if our southern border didn't let in the entire population of Mexico, Central and South America just walk in no questions asked.

chris98251

Reaction score
It would be a step in the right direction if our southern border didn't let in the entire population of Mexico, Central and South America just walk in no questions asked.
Look at the numbers and then look at the Nationality's, 24000 Chinese this month I read alone, plus Latinos from not just Mexico but Central America, South America, then you have multiple other Nationality's.

It's like someone saying there is a Blue Light Special at the Border between Mexico and the US.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Look at the numbers and then look at the Nationality's, 24000 Chinese this month I read alone, plus Latinos from not just Mexico but Central America, South America, then you have multiple other Nationality's.

It's like someone saying there is a Blue Light Special at the Border between Mexico and the US.
The land of opportunity.....

GemCity

Reaction score
No, community notes on the link indicate it’s a common joke / hoax.

Two of the suspects have already been identified as minors. Likely this was a gang beef and unlikely it was a planned event. The only thing causing suspicion for me is that at least one perp was carrying what looks like a SBR. If that’s his EDC…😳
Yah…that’s nuts. I’ve known people to carry rifles in their car but..,sheesh.

I bough a DD PDW. 300 blackout, SBR (well, it’s an SBR now as I was forced to covert it). I initially bought it to be my ‘truck gun’. The thought of having a loaded rifle in my backseat was a huge turn off.

While I do use it as a home defense weapon (has a silencer), I’ll stick to my pistols for EDC.

Craaaazy that a guy had one.

GemCity

Reaction score
Everyday life? No, but it is indictive of a societal problem. Broken families, high drug use, too much screen time, no sense of community, lack of respect for others, light sentences for criminals. These are all contributing factors to the moral decay. Passing more gun laws aren't the solution.
💯!!

More gun laws only means that law abiding citizens are going to be restricted, or banned, from their use.

Would it make it harder to get firearms? Sure. But ask Chicago how that’s working out. Criminals do not follow laws.

People like to compare US gun deaths to other countries that have banned firearms. Most of those countries have a quality of life, social systems such as affordable health care, affordable living, etc. that are better than ours. Yes, you can find exceptions but high crime, drug use…just overall mental health and well-being are objectively better.

I’ve lived in four countries outside of the US. The shortest duration was one year…the longest was six. In each of those countries, I felt ‘safer’. The environment was cleaner (I’m not sure about pollutants but, there wasn’t trash laying around everywhere and things were maintained). Quality of life was conducive to less stress.

I injured my back while living overseas and required hospitalization. While there weren’t 100 inch big screen TVs in lounges with leather sofas, I was treated by an exceptional physician. My family had to bring food in as that wasn’t provided (which means I wasn’t getting billed/taxed to death either). My bill when I was discharged? $0.00. Even as a foreigner, I was treated the same as a national.

Maybe I’m rambling here but the point is, the stress levels in the places I lived were wayyyyyyy lower than what we face in everyday life here in the good ol US of A.

For reference - I lived in S. Korea, Great Britain, Japan, and Italy. Military ofc…

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Yah…that’s nuts. I’ve known people to carry rifles in their car but..,sheesh.

I bough a DD PDW. 300 blackout, SBR (well, it’s an SBR now as I was forced to covert it). I initially bought it to be my ‘truck gun’. The thought of having a loaded rifle in my backseat was a huge turn off.

While I do use it as a home defense weapon (has a silencer), I’ll stick to my pistols for EDC.

Craaaazy that a guy had one.
I just pulled the arm brace off, gave it to somebody else so it can't be used and am waiting for the ATFs bullshit rule to be over turned.

94Smith

Reaction score
Don't be mad just because we have the Canadian border locked up tighter than the Mexican one. We all know Canadians are not too be trusted.
You know borders work both ways, eh?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Don't be mad just because we have the Canadian border locked up tighter than the Mexican one. We all know Canadians are not too be trusted.

Note: this post was for Acer who is no longer here to post it for himself. RIP buddy.
We're building a wall and making you pay for it..going to be a lot of illegal yanks trying to get north in the fall....

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
We're building a wall and making you pay for it..going to be a lot of illegal yanks trying to get north in the fall....
If we can put gators on the Southern border, why not Moose on the Northern?