One point that works in DQ's favor

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

He owns McVay and had split with Shanahan, for the most part.

Matt LaFleur seems to have his number, though.

You probably can't hire him off of such an embarrassing defeat, but he isn't *totally* owned by the other NFC West coaches as I've seen some people claiming. 6-4 overall against them, in fact, as a DC.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I just don't think Schneider wants to bring in a Pete disciple. I think he's excited to put his stamp on the organizational direction now that he's out from underneath's Pete veto/control.

That stamp isn't going to consist of a lesser version of Pete who struggles against most of the Shanahan coaching tree coaches.

cymatica

Reaction score
I just don't think Schneider wants to bring in a Pete disciple. I think he's excited to put his stamp on the organizational direction now that he's out from underneath's Pete veto/control.

That stamp isn't going to consist of a lesser version of Pete who struggles against most of the Shanahan coaching tree coaches.
How he is a Pete disciple when he was just his coordinator for a couple years?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Quinn was also Pete's line coach in 2009-2010 before going to Florida and coming back. So four years total.

How long does someone need to be a coordinator before he's officially a disciple? Same schemes, same principles, same philosophies.

Maybe Quinn would be good, but IMO Schneider wants to go in a different direction.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I believe the took the cover 3 with him to Atlanta, as well as the "Tell the Truth Mondays", "Turnover Thursdays," "Always Compete" etc - the program / culture building stuff. He might be doing things differently now, but he took a lot from Pete. Gus Bradley did too.

hawks85

Reaction score
Quinn or Vrabel WILL NOT be the next head coach for the Seahawks. I'm telling you the Seahawks brass is looking for youth as the next HC. Either McDonald, Johnson, Slowik etc...I'm betting they want McDonald really bad. Young with an aggressive defensive mind, and someone who has COMPLETELY shut down the 9ers. For those who don't know McDonald is a defensive mastermind. He as the DC at Michigan with Harbaugh in 2021. This dude is a perfect fit for what we need here to go to the next step as a franchise. For those asking about the offense, look, I don't care about offense. I'm happy if the ball gets moved and we score something. I'm a defensive person. I love sacks, interceptions, hard hits etc..

nwHawk

Reaction score
Aaron Glenn is a name not thrown around, but listen to him, a lot to like. I don’t see Vrabal or Quinn, just don’t see it. Glenn is not a finished product but his core might align with Schneider and Jody.

Fade

Reaction score
Quinn got blown out by Lafleur, McDaniel, and Kyle this year. Hell, Waldron even got him some.

I was cool with Quinn being coach until Lafleur absolutely embarrassed him in the playoffs.

Quinn is better than old man Pete. As he would hire better coaches, and the team would generate more turnovers on defense, but at this point he would be a disappointing hire.

Rat

Reaction score
Aaron Glenn is a name not thrown around, but listen to him, a lot to like. I don’t see Vrabal or Quinn, just don’t see it. Glenn is not a finished product but his core might align with Schneider and Jody.
Please no. The Lions have been getting absolutely abused in the passing game under him. I live in Michigan and from what I've noticed, Lions fans like Glenn at a comparable level to how much we liked Ken Norton.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Quinn or Vrabel WILL NOT be the next head coach for the Seahawks. I'm telling you the Seahawks brass is looking for youth as the next HC. Either McDonald, Johnson, Slowik etc...I'm betting they want McDonald really bad. Young with an aggressive defensive mind, and someone who has COMPLETELY shut down the 9ers. For those who don't know McDonald is a defensive mastermind. He as the DC at Michigan with Harbaugh in 2021. This dude is a perfect fit for what we need here to go to the next step as a franchise. For those asking about the offense, look, I don't care about offense. I'm happy if the ball gets moved and we score something. I'm a defensive person. I love sacks, interceptions, hard hits etc..
I'd love that hire MM and I'm a defense guy as well but whoever it is
has to hit on the OC pick .. No more steady 3 and outs killing the D.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe JS has MM at the top of his list...just a theory though and I'll keep it to myself until I'm proven right or wrong.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This isn't a surprise.

We like to make all of these picks for the new head coach in our respective isolated fan bubbles, but if JS is running this search, he's going to consider relationship. The type of guy he knows and can work with successfully. Chemistry.

These guys don't think like you and I. They don't write people off. JS won a Super Bowl with Quinn on staff. He isn't going to say "humph, no, this is impossible I need a young offense genius man who I don't know."

It may not be Quinn, in the end, but you gotta acknowledge that us picking whichever talent we like the best is not the same as JS interviewing dudes and trying to find a *partner* that he can mesh with.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Please no. The Lions have been getting absolutely abused in the passing game under him. I live in Michigan and from what I've noticed, Lions fans like Glenn at a comparable level to how much we liked Ken Norton.
Good to know.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The problem with going Defensive coach at head coach is OC's if they do well are getting picked off. Everyone in here hated Waldron(I don't personally but I get it) and he's drawing interest. The plus of picking an offensive minded coach is you lock him up. I just don't see Quinn after getting torched this year by the teams you're competing against in your own division, it just seems odd. I think JS wants to put his name to something since he is finally getting his chance and he will. I'm just guessing like everyone else but I will be shocked if its Quinn now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Welp after the list of who they've requested I was wrong lol. I have no clue who they will pick.

One thing that isn't mentioned enough is building a staff. Some guys seem great on paper but may struggle to put a staff together which is a plus for guys like Quinn and Morris. I still don't think its Quinn but that may be wishful thinking.

Latest posts