One realistic addition to our team

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think it's realistic for us to draft a guy in the 1st round that actually makes an immediate, noticeable impact. And no, I'm not bashing Irvin, I think he has one of the highest ceilings of our defensive front 7.

hangumhi

Reaction score
Erebus":1pst4sda said:
Why trade picks to take on an old player with a problematic contract?

I'd rather see what we have with Matthews for a full year.

Ditto. Chasing wide receivers with money at this point is asking for trouble. There were far too many times throughout this year when Wilson had to take quick sacks because he couldn't even set his feet on his drop back. Don't make the same mistake a lot of GM's make which is spend a ton of money on skills players without shoring up your O line. Go out and spend money on an O line and you'll see how vastly Richardson, Matthews, Baldwin and Norwood are going to improve.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
hangumhi":39rma5fq said:
Erebus":39rma5fq said:

Ditto. Chasing wide receivers with money at this point is asking for trouble. There were far too many times throughout this year when Wilson had to take quick sacks because he couldn't even set his feet on his drop back. Don't make the same mistake a lot of GM's make which is spend a ton of money on skills players without shoring up your O line. Go out and spend money on an O line and you'll see how vastly Richardson, Matthews, Baldwin and Norwood are going to improve.

Have you ever thought that maybe the problem is teams don't respect the receivers, hammer the O-line with a stacked box selling out to stop Lynch/Wilson and there's no way 5 block 7?

There isn't a team in the league that can roll out a stellar offensive line, mediocre receivers and just expect the line to block everyone long enough for the wide outs to get open.

As for not being able to set before the rush comes -- how about the end of the first quarter in the Super Bowl and the start of the second quarter? End of the first -- Wilson legitimately had 8 seconds to throw and nobody got open. That is insane in the NFL. The second quarter began in exactly the same fashion. In the end we just throw one up for Matthews who used his size to box out a tiny corner -- but as soon as the Pats put Browner on Matthews that was him out of the game.

The Seahawks have lost Tate, Rice, Harvin and will be without Richardson for a while it seems. You can't lose that much talent at receiver and expect your quarterback to provide miracles. And a quick reminder that we're lining up two first rounders and two second rounders on our O-line. The right guard -- a 7th rounder -- beat out a third rounder drafted by this regime. That's about as much investment as one team can place on that one unit.

TruFan23

Reaction score
160212547.jpg

sturg78

Reaction score
Imagine Chris Mathews super bowl or mike Williams vs Chicago or Joe J...always. That is what we need. Fitz has that in spades. Gimme Fitz as a security blanket for Russ and let's watch some magic.

morgulon1

Reaction score
hangumhi":2rndbu6e said:
Erebus":2rndbu6e said:

Besides Baldwin might get angry and take a dump in the end zone.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm all for giving Mathews a shot but please remember he now has 4 career catches and all in the Super Bowl. He has been a part of our team all year (not some guy we just picked up), makes me wonder what the coaches saw that kept him on the practice squad? I like Norwood too but he wasn't even active last game and that is after Richardson being out for the season?
We need a true #1 WR and that does not exist on this roster. We are all about the run but Wilson needs some help when that isn't working.

getnasty

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2d7qyqqw said:
How bout adding a quick passing play designed to gain 3 yards. What a concept.

Malcon Butler likes this idea.

pehawk

Reaction score
Jermaine Gresham has the tools, but is kind of a tard at times. If the staff could get him right.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I would like to sign Cecil Shorts but have no idea what kind of contract he's looking for.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
I'd love to get a big bodied receiver but I doubt any receiver still in his prime would play in our offense without us having to overpay like crazy. Players like Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson might like the idea of playing for a contender but doubt they want to do it with a discount and at the expense of their stats.

My choice would be some more depth for our d-linw, not stars necessarily but just some more guys to rotate in. Would love to see for Jordan Hill to continue what he started to show this season and Cassius Marsh to break out

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Killa Kam":3ffctbzb said:
I'd love to get a big bodied receiver but I doubt any receiver still in his prime would play in our offense without us having to overpay like crazy. Players like Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson might like the idea of playing for a contender but doubt they want to do it with a discount and at the expense of their stats.

My choice would be some more depth for our d-linw, not stars necessarily but just some more guys to rotate in. Would love to see for Jordan Hill to continue what he started to show this season and Cassius Marsh to break out

On the contrary Fitzgerald and Johnson could better last season's stats in Seattle, and on a Super Bowl contender. Jackson could probably put up something similar to what he achieved this year too (they'd all have more TDs).

Super Bowl showed what Russell Wilson and this offense could be capable of with a bigger receiver. I think Matthews XLIX performance bettered are chances of appealing to one of these names.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Been dreaming of a big WR in the draft for the last 2 years. The we're so many great Wr's in last year's draft. We need to add a veteran with size that will give Wilson a reliable target in high pressure situations.

sc85sis

Reaction score
hangumhi":94i9cz6j said:
Erebus":94i9cz6j said:

I don't think it's as simple as "our o-line sucks." Yes they can improve, but part of the problem has been the total lack of continuity on the line. Another issue is WRs not getting open. And Russ also needs to make decisions faster in some cases.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
getnasty":142irlu4 said:
Tech Worlds":142irlu4 said:
How bout adding a quick passing play designed to gain 3 yards. What a concept.

Malcon Butler likes this idea.
Only because we don't have it in our playbook to the point it's executed so poorly. Almost every team in the league can throw a quick short pass to get three yards. For use to convert on third and three with a short pass is like asking for a miracle. Just watch the superbowl again and see how easy the Patriots did it yet how hard it was for us. Maddening that we throw 20 yard passes when we just need a few yards for a fresh set of downs.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I think the only WR that would come here and fit perfectly and is willing to buy into the philosophy team first is Larry Fitzgerald.